Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bill Musgrave

skinzplay

I dont think we have an O-coordinator. What we have is a bunch of coaching philosophies, both past and present, being carefully mixed into a bowl and giving us what we're now seeing now.

Im sure the input and credit is spread amongst plenty including Musgrave.

Take this perspective on looking at this too, seeing that alot of people on the staff have input on the Offense, when Gibbs turns the reigns over, hopefully we can promote Greg Williams to Head Coach, and one of those guys takes the keys to the O. That way, we get that continuity that has been missing on the staff, which set us so far behind in the quest to regain glory

That game yesterday definitely took me back to the 91 season. No holes punched in the wall. The cat didn't have to run for cover or otherwise hide under chairs for fear of being hit by broken glass or whatever else flew through the air during Norv's era.

Yeah, I guess you guys are right that we have a multi-headed coordination of the offense. I do think that Musgrave has added a lot of things to make the traditional Gibbs offense much more dangerous/contemporary/effective against today's defenses.

Do you all think that Musgrave is, in reality, much more than our quarterbacks coach? I get the feeling that he's, in functional terms, our offensive coordinator. Any thoughts?

I think the Skins are functioning as "offensive coordinator by committee".

He contributes but I agree that's we have no ONE coordinator. Anyone else think that he WILL be the OC when Greg Williams takes over for Gibbs? ;)

We do have ONE OC. His name is JOE GIBBS! Who calls the plays? I can't believe some of you think the credit goes to anyone besides Gibbs. If someone was smart somebody would be studying what Gibbs does on offense and do exactly what he does when he leaves.

Well. It is clearly Gibbs offense. They run all his staple plays and formation shifts. The shotgun, which has been effective, is entirely Musgrave's department. It is his baby and it is working.

I was thinking about old Bill Musgrave. He and Brunell worked together well in Jacksonville. I'll bet that is a huge factor in Brunell's remarkable turnaround.

How much of a factor do you guys think Musgrave has been in Brunell's improvement?

Gibbs does'nt call the plays he has said Don B does from the booth.

No, it's a joint venture with Breaux and Burns in the booth I think. If anything, I get the impression that Burns does most of the play calling with imput from Breaux, and they pass it down to Gibbs, who has final say.

This is a good thread though because the exact nature of Musgrave's role seems a bit murky. Whoever speculated that Musgrave will become the OC when Williams takes over for Gibbs, I think is right on. But I still don't know how that will work out. In any event, it's hard to say that Musgrave hasn't had a positive impact on the offense.

Archived