Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst 7-0 team in NFL history?

zoony

Not sure I believe it, but throwing it out there to see what everyone else thinks.

So far, Indianapolis has played only one team with a winning record.

At home, and they only scored 10 points, winning by a single touchdown.

The combined record of the teams they have faced is 14-30

My prediction?

They lose 6 of their last 9 games.

at NE LOSS

At CINCY LOSS

PITTS LOSS

At JAX LOSS

SD LOSS

at SEA LOSS

just sayin. ;)

I don't think a team can be labeled as "bad" based on who they play.

They are 7-0 and they haven't had one game come down to the 4th quarter that I can remember.

I'm not calling them bad... just the worst 7-0 team ever ;)

They are a 10-6 or 11-5 team, IMHO

i dont think they can be called overrated, sure they arent running teams into the ground and having shoot outs like last year, but that is cause they dont need to. Their defense is playing well, their ground game is going well, so Peyton is not going to throw as much. It seems that if they ever fall behind, the Peyton explosion just returns.

"Worst 7-0 team in NFL History?"

I am loving all this "Colts are over-rated" talk.

As for the Jaguars game that people like to say the Colts "barely" won... there is no such thing as "barely" won. Are you saying the Redskins "barely" won against Chicago, Dallas or Seattle? I didnt think so.

I actually respect the Redskins... I have Brunell, Portis and Cooley on my FF team and I have picked them to win against the Giants.

But, all this talk about the Colts being over-rated is a bit silly and unfounded. The Colts have won games that they should be winning... every team in the NFL has to play teams that they should win against... not all teams have won those games that they should win.

The Colts have to play the Patriots, Bengals, Steelers, Jaguars, Chargers and Seahawks in the upcoming weeks... As a Colts fan... I see a 3-3 split... I do not know which teams will win against the Colts... but, I am realistic. If the Colts do better than that... I am all for it... but, any fan of any team that would be unhappy with a 13-3 record should not be a fan of any team. Heck, I was happy with the 12-4 record they had last year.

Now that the Colts are getting into the harder part of their schedule... maybe all the fans of other teams can start talking about the Jaguars and the Bengals cake walk schedules?

Also, it will be fun because next year the Colts get to play the NFC East!

Anyways, good luck to the Redskins fans! I hope your team wins against the Giants!

I've been pretty impressed with the Colts this year.

Manning hasn't been trying to break records and Edge has had more opportunities to run and eat clock.

The D is more like something Tony Dungy would want....there is balance on this team. And I think the 2005 Colts could hang with the current AFC top teams: Broncos,Chiefs, Steelers and Bengals better than last year.

I do think they'll get knocked off by somebody on the schedule (my guess NE or Pitt is the best bets despite NE fall).

But it will be interesting to see how the Colts play when January gets here.

Keep in mind that the 72 Phins played a ridiculously easy schedule, and are possibly the worst undefeated team in the history of the NFL ;). The 72 phins played only two teams with winning records, the 8-6 Chiefs and the 8-6 Giants (regular season). Combined, their opponents were 70-122-4 (counting the Colts (5-9), Patriots (3-11), Bills (4-9-1) and Jets (7-7) twice). I haven't watched any of those games (except the SB vs. the Skins), but I've heard several people say they had everything go their way that season. They had two 1000 yard rushers (Csonka and Morris) but that was only because the run defense in their division was nonexistent.

While its hard to win all your games in a season (even harder now that you've got to win 19), in order to do it you have to have a schedule of this nature. I don't think it could be done by a team with a tough schedule (like say the SKins), its just not realistic.

I actually really like the Colts. Peyton is the classy Manning sister, and I've always been a fan of Edge. Harrison, Wayne and Stokely are the kind of receivers you want...skilled but they keep their mouths shut. All in all, their team is very humble. And now that their defense is playing well, they are the total package. I would not be surprised if they run the table (although I don't think they will), and would be extremely surprised to not see them playing in Detroit.

So what have the Colts done this year to make you think that they are less of a team this year then last year when they went 12-4? They are not lacking on offense... they are the second highest scoring team in the NFL right now.

Sure, you don't see Peyton passing for that many TD's but that is because he doesnt have to. The way teams are playing the Colts is the same way the Patriots played them in the playoffs last season... so, Peyton is being forced to be patient... hand the ball off the Edge, establish the running game and wait for the passing game to open up. Not only has this been effective, because teams are again starting to bite the playaction fake, but it also has been effective in controlling the clock and giving the defense ample time to rest up and stay pumped, which in turn helps create turnovers.

Edgerrin is on pace to rush for 1,800 yrds and 18 TD's, I do not know if that will happen, but it is amazing just the same. Last year, Edgerrin's accomplishments were overshadowed by Peyton's TD record... but, even with Peyton's 49 TD's and having three WR's have 1,000 plus receiving yrds and 10 or more TD's each... Edge still rushed for 1,548yrds 9 TD's and had 473 receiving yrds 1 TD... coming in 4th in rushing and 1st on yrds from scrimmage... all with sitting out four games in the 4th quarter and missing the last game of the regular season.

As a Colts fan, I can not wait to watch them go into the second half of the schedule... maybe then people will shut up about the Colts schedule... and thank the football GODS, that the Colts have to play the NFC East and AFC East in the regular season next year (the AFC West's schedule) and the AFC West gets the AFC South's schedule from this year... then you all can talk about how easy the Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs and Raiders schedule is next year.

Again, good luck with the Giants this weekend!

• 1 month later...

most likely going to beat a Leftwich-less Jacksonville too. I also can't see them losing to S.D. in Indy. Seattle definitely has the best chance - but they'll probably be resting players while Indy is looking to go undefeated.

my guess - they go undefeated and lose in the playoffs (don't know why - just a gut feeling)

The only thing that will stop the Colts from going 16-0 is themselves.

What I mean is if they go 14-0 and clinch everything then they will rest ppl vs. the Seahawks and Cards (two meaningless games). Im not a Colts fan but I am rooting for them to go 16-0. The Colts are a fascinating machine offensively (coached/directed/coordinated by Peyton himself) while their D has gotten much better over the past year and is led by a defensive minded head coach.

They could go 16-0 but i think u will see Jim Sorgi calling the audibles in 3 weeks and they will lose to Seattle. A Colts vs. Seahawks game would get an unreal billing of the SB matchup...it just sucks we will have to wait until the SB to get the real thing.

Mouthful of crow :doh:

:hungry:

No worries zoony. I'm with you. I was thinking the same thing.

That team is just AWESOME!!! Dungy is the man. He completely changed the entire defense. He really didn't do much to the offense. But man, he turned that defense into one of the best there is this season. That is why I like Dungy. Unlike a lot of coaches he does not have an ego problem. Most coaches come in with an ego when they take over a team and change everything. He knew that they had a high powered offense and that there was no reason to mess with it.

No worries zoony. I'm with you. I was thinking the same thing.

That team is just AWESOME!!! Dungy is the man. He completely changed the entire defense. He really didn't do much to the offense. But man, he turned that defense into one of the best there is this season. That is why I like Dungy. Unlike a lot of coaches he does not have an ego problem. Most coaches come in with an ego when they take over a team and change everything. He knew that they had a high powered offense and that there was no reason to mess with it.

Agreed, Dungy has given the team the 'push' it needed on D to take that next step. Ironic considering Gruden gave the Bucs that same 'push', only on the offensive side.

• 1 month later...

Archived