Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peter King on SI.com: Skins to sack Smith 8 times in win!

Dah-Dee

In his weekly predictions column Peter King seemingly indicates the Redskins defense will enjoy the 49ers game....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/10/20/pickoff.week7/index.html

San Francisco (1-4) at Washington (3-2)

This is the kind of eight-sack game Alex Smith will just have to endure until his team gets better around him.

Washington 29, San Francisco 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:laugh: I thought the mediots were all convinced we have no pass rush! :silly:

Edit: P.S. -- from the same article; looks like he's got us in sole possession of first place in the NFC East after Sunday :) :

Dallas (4-2) at Seattle (4-2)

I love this game. Two rising teams, both likely headed for the playoffs, and two old warhorses on the coaching lines. (Hard to call Mike Holmgren a warhorse, but you get the picture.) I see a battered Shawn Alexander scoring late to win it.

Seattle 26, Dallas 24

:applause:

San Diego (3-3) at Philadelphia (3-2)

My upset special. I just can't get the vision of San Diego's rout at Foxborough out of my head, and I also vividly remember the Eagles' horror show at Dallas. This is more of a pro-San Diego vote, though, than anti-Iggle.

San Diego 17, Philadelphia 13

:cheers:

Denver (5-1) at New York (3-2)

I know, I know. You're all calling this a trap game for Denver. East Coast trip, pretty good opponent, Broncos coming down after a big win over the Patriots. Not now. Jake Plummer's not going to fail the way he did the last few years. He won't turn it over.

Denver 19, Giants 17

:D

Or Two touchdowns and five field goals?

That's my guess for what he was saying; not saying I agree with him, though. I think our scoring on Sunday will be plentiful and touchdown-centric. ;)

Edit: On second thought, maybe, given his talk about sacks, he is thinking the safety happens. Who knows? Who cares! Just wanna see points and a W!

I'm glad he's saying nice things about us for a change, but King still doesn't seem to know more than a casual fan if he thinks we'll get eight sacks on anyone. He probably basing that on the fact that we have a good defense but sacking the QB is not one of our strengths.

I'm thinking similar game results with the four games mentioned:

Skins W

Dallas L

Philly L

NYG L

Scary....what also scares me is King's predictions are usually off-base.

No way we get 8 sacks in this game, not like we're playing the Texans or the 2002-2003 Skins (with no hot route reads.....thanks Steve).

I'll be happy if we get pressure and maybe a sack or 2 on Mr. Smith.

Peter King has an atrocious success rate when it comes to picking NFL games. I wouldn't count on being solo first in the NFC after this weekend, though it would be nice.

I don't think the Redskins defense will get 8 sacks either. I would be pretty happy with a combination of 8 sacks/interceptions.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing; 29 points is strange:

Four TDs + one 2pt conversion (29 points)?

One TD (7), five safeties (10), four field goals (12)?

Three TDs + 2 point conversions (24), one field goal (3), one safety (2)?

He predicted 8 sacks. You GOTTA figure that he has a SAFETY in mind with the 29-point total. Probably 3 TD's 2 FG's and a Safety.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing; 29 points is strange:

Four TDs + one 2pt conversion (29 points)?

One TD (7), five safeties (10), four field goals (12)?

Three TDs + 2 point conversions (24), one field goal (3), one safety (2)?

All wrong.

Two touchdowns and a field goal before Hall blows out something else for another 3-5 weeks of vacation.

another 2 touchdowns and 2 missed 2 pt conversions with no kicker.

Archived