Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor vs. LaVar Arrington

Taylor 21

:hammer: I would have to say it would be a coin flip on this situation. Sean Taylor is a good player and he will knock the sh-- out of you. And yes he does have the versatility to play offense. But I think some of you must have forgot about some of the games Lavar has had. He is a beast at linebacker, just waiting to take someones head off. To have either of these guys is a blessing. And look- the redskins have both of them. Just wait until both of them get on the field together. Opposing offenses will be praying that the game will hurry up and end.:whippin:

taylor is far better then lavar

taylor is one of the only players in the game that is excellent at pass d and run d

he has caused more fumbles then anyone on our team(they just werent recovered or called by refs)

Op. teams rarely throw at him because he can leap higher and is more athletic then almost ever reciever in the game

Sean taylor is truely a freak and will be regarded as one of the best defensive players in the league for many years to come(assuming he doesnt go to jail)IMO

Lavar is pretty good at a lot of things and great at what he does well but even pre injury i dont think he brings as much as sean to the table

If you had to choose one of these players to complete your roster for Defensive Starters... Who would you pick and why?

As incredible as Lavar is, the fact of the matter is that I don't know of many guys who wouldn't be atleast a little hesitant of running at or near Taylor. Soley because of the fact that he hits like a bull. I remember one hit, I think it was the Bears game...Their RB had gone to run through a gap in the middle which closed up quick, he went to bounce outside to the right, and just as he went to make it through the hole, Taylor came from the right side of the screen full speed and hit the hell out of the guy pushing back behind the line.

I pick Lavar because he constantly makes opposing QBs audible out of certain Packages.

He also has a nose for the ball and is capable of sacking the QB more than 10 times a year.

No matter the receivers on the field. Lavar is always going to be near the line of scrimmage where as Taylor would have to be back there for the threat.

It depends on how Arington is playing. If he was playing up to his tru pro bowl potential, you would pick him based on position alone. A great linebacker is always more valuable than a great free safety because he is more involved on every play. Likewise, a great DE is always more valuable than a great linbacker. This is why DE's make more than linebackers and why linebackers make more than safeties. This of course assumes that the two players in question are of equal talent in their positions. I think they are. In fact, any coach will tell you that he will get more out of a very good DE than he will out of a great free safety, because the DE will be involved on many more plays

Okay guys, load up on the ST bandwagon and toe the company line. I think it would be hard to make that assessment at the moment because it seems like it's been so long since Lavar has played. I would like to see him playing before I make an assesment. Let's not forget what LA has done for us in the past. If the Skins cut him or deal him away he will be a STUD for another team.

Sean Taylor wanted a new contract after his rookie year but did'nt cause a big fuss because of what happened off the field so it was dropped. Don't worry his dispute is coming.

If we are going by age then ST is the choice he is what 21-22 while LA is 27. I said LA considering all things equal the worse part is LA is entering his prime years and hopefully we can keep him around longterm.

The thing that shocks me the most is people on here act like Taylor hits harder and is more of a intimatdor that is honetly :laugh:

I think alot of people have forgot what #56 brings to the table and intimadation is #1 on that list.

And I said Dawkins and R.Williams impact the game more then ST. Williams is'nt great coverage but honestly he's not bad when at SS not playing deep. And Williams is a complete mauler in the run game and has a blitzer.

Archived