Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thrash or Jacobs?

Monk4theHall81

Thrash is a true Redskin, but it seems that his best days at WR are behind him.

During the KC game he dropped a screen pass, wasnt looking for a catchable post pattern. I love the guy but it seems like he is at best a #4 receiver. I think its time for Taylor Jacobs to get a shot at being the #3.

Hes much faster than Thrash and hasn't really gotten a chance to live up to all the hype he was getting this offseason. He has to be fully recovered from the injury he sustained in the preseason.

Does anyone else feel the same? :cheers:

Jacobs has incredible potential but at this point that is all he has. I agree that he should be given a shot and I feel that if he is, we may be in for a pleasant suprise. On Santana's 78 yard TD on Sunday, Jacobs was the only one on the field that kept up with him. If we could have speed like that at the # 1, 2, and 3 positions, Brunell might just lead the league in passing at the end of the day!

HAIL

Jacobs has more physical ability but Thrash is more consistent in terms of performance.

I'd go with Thrash as the #3. However, at some point, we have to see what Jacobs is made of by throwing a few passes in his direction.

I think it's time to teach Jacobs to swim by grabbing him and throwing his under achieving as in the pool. Put him on the field, call plays his way, and tell him produce or your new job is with the grounds keeper.

Yeah that's about where I am with Jacobs. It's time to find out if he is worth keeping or not. I hope he does, but after 3 years something has got to give one way or the other. Either his performance or his roster spot.

Thrash is a good effort guy. I would love to have Thrash's brain in Jacobs body and hope that is one reason Thrash was picked up, to work with Jacobs. Gibbs likes to do that, I think that was one reason he placed such a high value on Brunell. Not just for Brunells talent but to infuse a little bit of the Brunell training into Ramsey & now Campbell.

thrash is one of the few players that i believe everything gibbs says about him. he is a smart player, always encouraging, and gives everything when he's on the field. i still feel i don't know what jacobs can do, but he does seem to follow in james' footsteps. taylor really busts his butt on special teams and i like that. i think we can win with either of them, but at this point thrash is more of a proven product who's more clutch.

Taylor Jacobs hasn't proven anything.. Thrash is reliable and has always been a reliable target.

ST... please

I put Sean Taylor on there as a joke... :cheers:

Everyone knows that Thrash is more reliable but I think it would be nice to have another speedster out there with Moss and Patten, again Thrash wasnt too reliable on Sunday.

Trash seems to be ok as long as you don't expect too much from him. He is definitely a decent #3, but I would expect anything more. Having Taylor line up as a receiver would only intimidate them by his speed, I haven't really seen him catch that much so I don't know how his hands would be.

taylor jacobs might have more potential-but we've been waiting to see that potential since spurrier made him a 2nd round pick?!

jacobs wont get a chance as long as he keeps getting injured every year in pre season?!

i wish he would become our no.3 but so far in 3yrs hes done nothing im actually surprised hes still on the team? how did he get ahead of Mccants?

i hope this is the year he eventually shows us y he was so good in college but right now he cant get ahead of thrash,as has been been said,thrash is a true redskin and the hard working type coaches love.if jacobs doesnt show anything this year id be surprised if they keep him-i hope he shows all of us his ability we need other receivers to step up b4 they start double teaming moss cos no other receiver has done much this year for the redskins

People seem to think Jacobs is an underachiever. If anything, he's jinxed. He hasn't had a real chance to get his feet under him in actual game play due to injuries.

When we got Thrash the first time around, he didn't get any real play time till so many guys got injured, then everybody was stunned. Now I don't want anybody to get injured, but all Jacobs needs is to be on the field most of the snaps in one or two games, and he'll do just fine.

He'll be our #2 reciever by seasons end, if he gets some real play time. Other teams will have their hands full with the speed of Moss and Jacobs.

I would love seeing a deep route to Jacobs, and if he doesn't grab it, the same route against the same db's by Moss. Jacobs was as fast as Moss in that long run against KC and a DB trying to keep up with those two one after another will be worn out. Of course it is never going to happen this way, but it might happen the other way around (Moss, Jacobs).

Why is this even a question?

Jacobs is a scrub who excels on special teams. He's no more starting material than Ricky Skaggs was roster material. Jacobs won't even be on the roster next year. It kills me that we didn't draft Kevin Curtis instead. One more lingering bad side effect from the Spurrier experiment. :doh:

Archived