Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If it was any coach besides Gibbs....Fans would want his head!!

scottlo34

:logo: Let's get real for a minute here folks. I haven't scrutinized the board in depth but I have seen some people in agreement with Joe Gibbs that Arrington should be sitting on the sidelines. Give me a break!! If it was Spurrier, Turner, Shottenheimer, whoever............that would be benching Lavar, every single one of us would be screaming bloody murder. Don't get me wrong, I love Pappa Gibbs and I am fully aware he is in the hall of fame with outstanding credentials. However, I have to admit, I am getting extremely frustrated with Gibbs and how he is handling this entire situation with Lavar. Read the stat page anti-Lavarists.........we suck at getting to the QB. We suck at creating turnovers. Gibbs and Williams need to put their egos on the shelf and let Lavar loose. For crying out loud, how many players do we see "out of position" during the course of a game. that excuse holds no water and is totally unacceptable. I will tell you this.......the Redskins need to get home this weekend and rebound against the 49ers after two tough losses the past two weeks. Gibbs needs to step up and put an end to this ridiculous stalemate between Redskins brass and #56. Swallow some friggen pride Williams.......your defense does need Lavar. I think I am starting to see why Mr. Williams was dismissed from Buffalo. It's his way or no way and there is no middle road. This is becoming a cancer folks right when we need to come home and get it going against a team that we should beat, and then the defending NFC East champs looming on the horizon. You are a leader Joe Gibbs...........be a leader and make a move this week.

Sorry...it is Gibbs and I still want his head. We need a MEAN coach who kick a$$ and tells his players to be mean. This nice team filled with nice players just can't seem to run over people or stop them on defense. They get run over and they can't run over. They are a nice team because Gibbs has mellowed in his old age and the NFL has passed him by.

Sorry.

Sorry...it is Gibbs and I still want his head. We need a MEAN coach who kick a$$ and tells his players to be mean. This nice team filled with nice players just can't seem to run over people or stop them on defense. They get run over and they can't run over. They are a nice team because Gibbs has mellowed in his old age and the NFL has passed him by.

Sorry.

I am glad someone agrees. I am so pissed off right now with all the BS going on about Lavar. The guy is a 3 time pro bowler for crying out loud!!!!!!!! This is not chopped liver we are dealing with. This is a player that has burgundy and gold running through his veins and loves the Redskins. He loves the city of Washington. This inflation of pride and ego on the part of Gibbs and Williams is going to kill us folks. I just don't know what to think right now about Gibbs. Be a leader dammit and put the team ahead of your friggen pride.

I think winning a super bowl again is more important than winning now. I think of any coach we can possibly get gibbs is the most likely to put us back on track to get away from mediocrity. While I disagree with him on many issues, I can't shake the feeling that he really does know what he is doing. I feel fine heckling him and saying he is making mistakes, because, well he does make mistakes. All the time. He even makes mistakes that cost us games.

BUT, he is the shortest path we can take to greatness. It will not happen overnight.

I am glad someone agrees. I am so pissed off right now with all the BS going on about Lavar. The guy is a 3 time pro bowler for crying out loud!!!!!!!! This is not chopped liver we are dealing with. This is a player that has burgundy and gold running through his veins and loves the Redskins. He loves the city of Washington. This inflation of pride and ego on the part of Gibbs and Williams is going to kill us folks. I just don't know what to think right now about Gibbs. Be a leader dammit and put the team ahead of your friggen pride.

FINALLY, somebody who is sane....at least in MY crazy world.

Gibbs and Williams aren't winning and won't win in Washington because they have a faulty belief system. Its players that win games and not systems and the better players step up in big games.....unless they are on the bench.

Gibbs has the same system as last year on offense but he has MOss this year instead of Gardner. Why in the HELL is Lavar on the bench and not sacking the QB?

:wtf:

Football is about precision, it's more mental than physical, I would take Gibbs' brain over anybody's in football. He loves this team, he makes his players love him, and NEWS FLASH: They have some of the tougest practices in the NFL.

We are -9 in turnover ratio and we've stayed resiliant in every game. What happens when turnovers start to go our way?

You have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, I can't believe a champion that radiates motivation and excitement is being disrespected given how much belief this team has in themselves right now.

But these 2 losses have been about the way the ball bounced. Remember, we really should have been given the W in Denver.

:wtf:

Football is about precision, it's more mental than physical, I would take Gibbs' brain over anybody's in football. He loves this team, he makes his players love him, and NEWS FLASH: They have some of the tougest practices in the NFL.

We are -9 in turnover ratio and we've stayed resiliant in every game. What happens when turnovers start to go our way?

You have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, I can't believe a champion that radiates motivation and excitement is being disrespected given how much belief this team has in themselves right now.

But these 2 losses have been about the way the ball bounced. Remember, we really should have been given the W in Denver.

Let me clue you in: turnovers aren't happening. And turnovers aren't going to happen until the Skins can draft defensive end. Its defensive pass rushers that create turnovers. They knock the ball out of the QB and they force the QB to throw turnovers to cornerbacks. Without pressure.....from defensive ends...the Redskins won't be having turnovers....but you can keep believing if you want. You're just not going to see them this year.

Let me clue you in: turnovers aren't happening. And turnovers aren't going to happen until the Skins can draft defensive end. Its defensive pass rushers that create turnovers. They knock the ball out of the QB and they force the QB to throw turnovers to cornerbacks. Without pressure.....from defensive ends...the Redskins won't be having turnovers....but you can't keep believing if you want. You're just not going to see them this year.

Hello? Our star cornerback is out, Ryan Clark is out, and how many times have we knocked the ball out out only to have it bounce in to one of their hands this year? Our defense has been consistant besides the 3 big plays they've given up. We are generally sufficating, but remember we've played 3 of the top offenses in the past 3 weeks.

Most of the time when the other team scores it's from us fumbling. Brunell looks great this year, what other coaches could revitalize a "washed up" QB like that? We will get Betts back and we won't have a prodigy DE up against us for the rest of the season to have a career day. Gibbs' teams have been notorious for peaking at the end of the season.

There is no way any team with half a sense of pride will keep this turnover ratio up. I can't believe how negative you are, it's really just freaky. Get over it and realize how professional our team looks compared to years past. This team would smoke any team we've had in the past decade, even the Schottenhiemer one.

Yeah, just like Pierce and Smoot had burgundy and gold running through their veins.

I love Lavar, but I trust COACH WILLIAMS' decision to bench him; there has to be more to the story one way or the other. And I choose to believe the coaches. So sue me.

Anyone who says the game has passed Gibbs by has obviously been passed by by the game. Either that or its always flown over their head. Lets examine the facts:

1) Drafted Cooley in the 3rd round, despite "experts" saying it was too early. Results? Success, no question.

2) Traded for Mark Brunell even though "experts" said his career was over. Results? Last season sucked, but this year he seems to have done a complete 180...the jury is still out until he goes the entire year, but as of right now, sucess.

3) Traded locker room cancer Toeveranues Coles, even though it was a huge cap hit, and "experts" said Santana Moss was not as good a receiver. Gibbs had the foresight to see that small, speedy receivers are the way of the NFL nowadays, hence the success of the Colts small, speedy receivers last year. And noone can argue that Santana Moss isn't having a pro-bowl year. Results? Success.

4) Drafted Sean Taylor instead of Kellen Winslow. Winslow has barely played an entire game of football in 2 years, Sean Taylor, while still making some rookie mistakes, is becoming a dominant force on the defense. Results? Success.

5) Convinced Gregg Williams to come to the Redskins. Despite what many on this board say, that was also a success. I don't care how vanilla teams' playbooks were last year, our defense still shut them down. And we've done a fairly good job this year, besides two big runs in Denver and one non-called penalty filled screen pass to Priest Holmes. Results? Success.

Every move Gibbs has made is panning out. To say the game has passed him by is like saying George Steinbrenner doesn't know how to build winning baseball teams. Its simply ridiculous and has no basis in reality.

Sorry.

I don't want his head -- yet. But I would like to put some knotts on it sometimes. More of them on Williams'.

Hello? Our star cornerback is out, Ryan Clark is out, and how many times have we knocked the ball out out only to have it bounce in to one of their hands this year? Our defense has been consistant besides the 3 big plays they've given up. We are generally sufficating, but remember we've played 3 of the top offenses in the past 3 weeks.

Most of the time when the other team scores it's from us fumbling. Brunell looks great this year, what other coaches could revitalize a "washed up" QB like that? We will get Betts back and we won't have a prodigy DE up against us for the rest of the season to have a career day. Gibbs' teams have been notorious for peaking at the end of the season.

There is no way any team with half a sense of pride will keep this turnover ratio up. I can't believe how negative you are, it's really just freaky. Get over it and realize how professional our team looks compared to years past. This team would smoke any team we've had in the past decade, even the Schottenhiemer one.

Yeah, just like Pierce and Smoot had burgundy and gold running through their veins.

I love Lavar, but I trust COACH WILLIAMS' decision to bench him; there has to be more to the story one way or the other. And I choose to believe the coaches. So sue me.

Anyone who says the game has passed Gibbs by has obviously been passed by by the game. Either that or its always flown over their head. Lets examine the facts:

1) Drafted Cooley in the 3rd round, despite "experts" saying it was too early. Results? Success, no question.

2) Traded for Mark Brunell even though "experts" said his career was over. Results? Last season sucked, but this year he seems to have done a complete 180...the jury is still out until he goes the entire year, but as of right now, sucess.

3) Traded locker room cancer Toeveranues Coles, even though it was a huge cap hit, and "experts" said Santana Moss was not as good a receiver. Gibbs had the foresight to see that small, speedy receivers are the way of the NFL nowadays, hence the success of the Colts small, speedy receivers last year. And noone can argue that Santana Moss isn't having a pro-bowl year. Results? Success.

4) Drafted Sean Taylor instead of Kellen Winslow. Winslow has barely played an entire game of football in 2 years, Sean Taylor, while still making some rookie mistakes, is becoming a dominant force on the defense. Results? Success.

5) Convinced Gregg Williams to come to the Redskins. Despite what many on this board say, that was also a success. I don't care how vanilla teams' playbooks were last year, our defense still shut them down. And we've done a fairly good job this year, besides two big runs in Denver and one non-called penalty filled screen pass to Priest Holmes. Results? Success.

Every move Gibbs has made is panning out. To say the game has passed him by is like saying George Steinbrenner doesn't know how to build winning baseball teams. Its simply ridiculous and has no basis in reality.

Yeah, 3-2, 1/2 game out of first place, 1-0 in the division, 3-0 in the conference, two close road losses to non-conference teams. Just terrible. These guys must not know what they're doing.

Help us Obi-Wan Lavar, you're our only hope!

Good posts.

I do think something is amiss. But I will NOT spend my time whining and moaning because one player is not playing.

Good lord.....I want to see this team win. HOWEVER.

Blondie

:logo: Let's get real for a minute here folks. I haven't scrutinized the board in depth but I have seen some people in agreement with Joe Gibbs that Arrington should be sitting on the sidelines. Give me a break!! If it was Spurrier, Turner, Shottenheimer, whoever............that would be benching Lavar, every single one of us would be screaming bloody murder.

I can't speak for everyone here (obviously) - I can only speak for myself when I tell you that I don't believe this is true. And I will give you an example. When Marty took over the team, I was hoping that I would see a return to order in Redskinsland. A more disciplined team... fewer turnovers... more attention to deal... more focus on team over individual. That first summer, Marty cut Larry Centers. Centers was a great receiver out of the backfield, but didn't do prepare himself for the season the way that Marty required. It was a shock to see Centers gone, because he was a big part of the offense. But I didn't call for Marty's head -- I respected the coach for making that decision and taking control of the team. That control is something the Skins had lacked during Norv's tenure...

:logo: Let's get real for a minute here folks. I haven't scrutinized the board in depth but I have seen some people in agreement with Joe Gibbs that Arrington should be sitting on the sidelines. Give me a break!! If it was Spurrier, Turner, Shottenheimer, whoever............that would be benching Lavar, every single one of us would be screaming bloody murder.

I think that is mostly right, with the exception of Shottenheimer, and that is because he and Gibbs and coach Williams deserve the benifit of the doubt when it comes to their players, they have earned that, Turner didn't, Stever Stupider certianly didn't, but experienced coaches that have shown over and over again that they know what they are doing deserve the benifit of the doubt simply for being who they are. Lavar is sitting because of Lavar, some of you can't seem to handle that fact so you blame the coaches, fine that is your perogative, hell even I was saying that Gibbs was crazy for benching Ramsey and putting in Brunell, but obviously I, along with a lot of other people, didn't see what he saw or know what he knew, and look what has happened, He was right then, and I am pretty sure he is right now, but wether we find out if he is or not, he deserves the benifit of the doubt because he has proven himself right more often than not.

Let me clue you in: turnovers aren't happening. And turnovers aren't going to happen until the Skins can draft defensive end. Its defensive pass rushers that create turnovers. They knock the ball out of the QB and they force the QB to throw turnovers to cornerbacks. Without pressure.....from defensive ends...the Redskins won't be having turnovers....but you can keep believing if you want. You're just not going to see them this year.

Bingo!

Yes, if Norval or Spurrier were here, we'd all be up in arms.

That's because this is the first coaching staff in a long time to have real credibility, both with the team and with the fans. Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams have the resume, credentials, and guts to bench a star player. Whether we agree with the move or not, its awfully nice to have a clear sense of order and discipline. We now have a TEAM, not an underperforming bunch of has-beens (see 1994-2003).

I think its a pretty odd move, and I can't believe that there is not a single point in the game that he couldn't help us. But I am very impressed and pleased that the coaching staff is willing to take a hard line and establish themselves as the ones in charge. I hope they don't cave to media/fan/owner pressure and play him. If they play him, it needs to be on their terms.

I don't understand why, when we're suddenly playing the best football we have in a while, people are mad about Lavar's situation so much.

I would agree that I don't know why he's not playing. To me, he seems like an obvious choice to be our starter now that he's healthy again. However, the coaches are not dumb and they are not corrupt. They are not holding him out because they don't know he's good and are not holding him out because of some contract dispute or team feud.

Therefore, I'm willing to accept it and hope to see him in the games soon...if not, I'll continue to assume he's in the doghouse for legitimate reasons.

:logo: Let's get real for a minute here folks. I haven't scrutinized the board in depth but I have seen some people in agreement with Joe Gibbs that Arrington should be sitting on the sidelines. Give me a break!! If it was Spurrier, Turner, Shottenheimer, whoever............that would be benching Lavar, every single one of us would be screaming bloody murder. Don't get me wrong, I love Pappa Gibbs and I am fully aware he is in the hall of fame with outstanding credentials. However, I have to admit, I am getting extremely frustrated with Gibbs and how he is handling this entire situation with Lavar. Read the stat page anti-Lavarists.........we suck at getting to the QB. We suck at creating turnovers. Gibbs and Williams need to put their egos on the shelf and let Lavar loose. For crying out loud, how many players do we see "out of position" during the course of a game. that excuse holds no water and is totally unacceptable. I will tell you this.......the Redskins need to get home this weekend and rebound against the 49ers after two tough losses the past two weeks. Gibbs needs to step up and put an end to this ridiculous stalemate between Redskins brass and #56. Swallow some friggen pride Williams.......your defense does need Lavar. I think I am starting to see why Mr. Williams was dismissed from Buffalo. It's his way or no way and there is no middle road. This is becoming a cancer folks right when we need to come home and get it going against a team that we should beat, and then the defending NFC East champs looming on the horizon. You are a leader Joe Gibbs...........be a leader and make a move this week.

:stfu: You have no idea what your talking about. Please remember that this is a Hall of Fame Coach we're talking about here, which means he is one of the best of all time. He forgets more about football than either you, I, or anybody else on this board could ever hope to learn. If he says Lavar should sit, then he should sit. End of disscussion.

This is a weird thread. Losing road games in KC and Denver is hardly embarassing, and the Redskins were in both games. Don't panic just yet.

Comparing Gibbs to Spurrier or Marty is simply absurb. Neither have any business coaching in the NFL.

We finally have a competative team. A team that could very well be 5-0. Our "D" is playing great ball. I can't tell you how happy the "O" has made me and you STIFF's want Gibb's head? Please, all of you baby's and I mean baby's go to another board.

Sorry.

Where can I buy some of that weed your smoking? :doh:

I think that is mostly right, with the exception of Shottenheimer, and that is because he and Gibbs and coach Williams deserve the benifit of the doubt when it comes to their players, they have earned that, Turner didn't, Stever Stupider certianly didn't, but experienced coaches that have shown over and over again that they know what they are doing deserve the benifit of the doubt simply for being who they are. Lavar is sitting because of Lavar, some of you can't seem to handle that fact so you blame the coaches, fine that is your perogative, hell even I was saying that Gibbs was crazy for benching Ramsey and putting in Brunell, but obviously I, along with a lot of other people, didn't see what he saw or know what he knew, and look what has happened, He was right then, and I am pretty sure he is right now, but wether we find out if he is or not, he deserves the benifit of the doubt because he has proven himself right more often than not.

One of the main reasons Schottenheimer got run out of town is he didn't kiss Darrell Green's ring.

Archived