Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Theismann on Dan Patrick Show...

FunBunch7

Yeah Joe must have been busy doing something else during that exchange because he cannot be serious. The seahawks? Please!

Better than Phili; please. Consistently running the ball is important but I guess not enough to not make it to the NFC East finals like 3 years in a row, and the superbowl (Phili).

The skins I think have the right idea right now but hopefully we can continue to do that for 12 more weeks.

Joe must still be on the love boat!

Yeah Joe must have been busy doing something else during that exchange because he cannot be serious. The seahawks? Please!

Yep, Joe's serious.... seriously crazy.... seriously crazy like a fox! ;) He's previously picked the Skins to go to the Super Bowl, and here he is picking 2 teams we've defeated as the "best" in their respective conferences. Read between the lines, man! He's not gonna go all homer at a time when the Skins are finally hearing some respect around the league, but is there any doubt what he's saying? The Cowboys are the best in the NFC, the Seahawks are the best in the AFC.... and the Redskins are the best in the NFL! :D

My only issue is that with all that is going on in the NFL right now and how well the skins are doing, the only question he asks Joe is, "What's up w/ the Lavar Arrington thing?"

I know it's a good story but I just want to hear one in depth discussion about the potential of this team (good, bad or indifferent). Lavar will play and will start by the end of this season and will pulmult quarterbacks, running backs and slow O-lineman come playoff time. I have a real good feeling he will be playing more and more throughout this season. I'm not really falling into the "hating on Lavar camp!":2cents:

Yep, Joe's serious.... seriously crazy.... seriously crazy like a fox! ;) He's previously picked the Skins to go to the Super Bowl, and here he is picking 2 teams we've defeated as the "best" in their respective conferences. Read between the lines, man! He's not gonna go all homer at a time when the Skins are finally hearing some respect around the league, but is there any doubt what he's saying? The Cowboys are the best in the NFC, the Seahawks are the best in the AFC.... and the Redskins are the best in the NFL! :D

So Joey T doesn't even know that the SeaHawks moved conferences :doh:

:silly:

Joe is trying to protect his superbowl pick: Redskins.

Exactly. Even after the Chicago game when we were getting a ton of crap for changing qb's he was on the Dan Patrick show defending his pick of Redskins as Super Bowl winners. Joey T is a homer, but he can't do it all the time or it'll be too obvious.

I dunno. I think the Seahawk are a pretty decent football team. Their defense IS improved, and that last drive against the Skins defense was big time and legit. Funny, too, that Dan (jerk) scoffed--"better than the Falcons???"--but both guys failed to mention that the Seahawk already BEAT the Falcons WITH Vick. By no means are they a great team, but they are capable of beating anyone. I think they're the favorites in their division, and could be a handful come playoff time.

I also think Joe is right about the running game. As good as the Eagles have been the past few years--and I don't want to understate that, either--I think one of the major reasons they lost those NFC Championship games and the Super Bowl IS because of their weak running game. Gosh, they don't even try. They should be a dominant running team with that O-line, but they're soft because all they ever do is pass block. The Eagles have had an extraordinary run being a one-dimensional offensive team, but with the rest of the NFC starting to catch up, they could end up continuing as an annual tease unless they find a running game.

I guess I don't have a problem with him giving kudos to the Cowboys and Seahawks. The Seahawks DO have the top ranked Offense right now and we contained them. The Cowboys...well, if we had done to the Eagles what they did to the Eagles, I think we would be proclaiming ourselves as Super Bowl Champs too.

Bottome line, both Seattle abd Dallas are solid teams. They both took us to the edge and we beat them. Denver is a tope 6 or 7 team too and we nearly beat them in their house. Chicago has a top 10 Defense and we struggled against them but cam out on top.

We have played one of the toughest schedules so far and have a 3-1 record to show for it. I think only New England has had a tougher schedule but I could be wrong.

Archived