Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins Notebook: Arrington Says He's in the 'Doghouse'

spanishomelette

Where is the ownership team in all of this???? I find it hard to believe Snyder is silently watching this. It's obvious that he supports this direction, otherwise, LA would be playing....Which ultimately makes me wonder if HE isn't the wizard behind the drama. Did Lavar piss him off? What's their relationship like I wonder?

I can't think of any other team in the league that would bench their most talented/difference-maker player with no real explanation. I am tired of the coaching staff's rhetoric because it doesn't make sense.

Just let him play. How can it hurt?

:doh: Snyder is not interfering with this Coaching staff, nor should he. He has in no way affected any of the decisisons in regards to who plays and how they play. This is all about GW, and the ONLY Current Hall of Fame coach in the league making decisisions on who will be of most help to this team.

This where the Defensive coaches are full _hit on this matter also. Ade Jimoh , who everyone can agree on is some straight garbage at CB, yet he sees time on the field and not just because of an injury or special teams.

Both of our starting CB's were out Sunday. Did you want to see Corey Raymer out there covering WR's instead? The team had no choice but to make Rogers #1 and Jimoh #2.

If we keep winning, then why play him. i do not know why he is not playing. I am thinking they intend to play him and then the game gets tight and they just do not have the confidence in him to put him in that situation. I do not believe it is fair that he is not getting any practice reps, but to me this is only an issue becaues we lost last week. How many people "really" cared why he was on the bench when we won the last 3 games?

Both of our starting CB's were out Sunday. Did you want to see Corey Raymer out there covering WR's instead? The team had no choice but to make Rogers #1 and Jimoh #2.

Jimoh shouldn't even be on the team. They would have been better off keeping Garnell Wilds. Get him a haircut, but keep him.

I made the comment earlier in the spring that I thought this would be Arrington's last year in Washington. I felt the Redskins were getting nowhere near the preformance for the money that they were giving to Arrington. Well I was called a moron and many other nice things by all of the LaVar lovers out there which is OK because look how things have worked out. I had the oppurtunity to watch Arrington close up for many years. Being close to the Pittsburgh area it was very easy to keep an eye on LaVar's high school and college career. This kid was blessed with some of the finest physical qualities that I have ever seen. He was a man amoungst boys in high school, but when he landed at penn state things began to sour for LaVar. He just couldn't play in a disiplined system. He was often in Paterno's doghouse in his three years in state college. Plenty of free lancing, personal fouls, and big mouth comments all over the place. Finally after Arrington's junior year Paterno said hit the road LaVar, I've had enough of this sh*t. Your ready for the NFL, good luck. Things seemed just fine at the beginning of Arrington's Redskin career because there was no disipline at Redskin Park. That's a system where LaVar fit in just fine. Now, that system is gone. This is a very disiplined system that Greg Williams runs. No free lancing, no missed assignments, no out of control play. This system doesen't fit Arrington. It fits Marcus Washington. It fits LeMar Marshall. It fits Warrick Holdman. It fits any player that is ready to let his ego at the door. Arrington is not that player.

LaVar was great for us in his early days as a Redskin. The chaos that surrounded the team fit Arrington's play on the field to a T. It's a new era now at Redskin Park. Gone is Norv Turner. Gone is Steve Spurrier. Welcome back Joe Gibbs. The writing is on the wall for Arrington. His days are numbered in DC. I just hope that when the time comes that we can recoup something for LaVar. It is bad enough how this thing has worked out, not getting anything for Arrington would be a real blow for the Redskins.

There is so much more to this jonjeff. While you were fortunate enough to watch LaVar play in high school, I was fortunate enough to watch Gibbs era 1. He took players and coaches of all walks, and got every ounce of talent he could get out of them. He really didn't care for Theisman or Riggins. In fact, he has openly stated one of his conditions prior to taking the Redskins head coaching job, was trading Riggins. Honestly, Riggins, Manley, Tony Peters et. al. make LaVar look like a Boy Scout. This is a personal thing between Williams and LaVar and I think it stems from LaVars comments about being rushed back from his knee injury and the team not fully reporting the magnitude of his injury.

As for Jo-Pa giving LaVar the boot after his Junior year. That was a mutual decision. Considering Jo-Pa's record since LaVar's time in Happy Valley, I'd have to say Joe's been on borrowed time ever since. Add to that LaVar was the 2nd player taken in the draft, and I'd have to say LaVar was going to leave regardless.

Well I think GW is a ego maniac, if LaVar isn't getting reps in practice it's because GW is scared that he will take his anger out on Portis or Betts, I bet that if and when LA gets on the field someone is going to get hurt. This also is based on Snyder PERIOD Snyder used to be buds with Arrington and now he tried to con LA out of the money and got caught, the problem with Snyder is he thinks he can do anything. LaVar will leave here and deliberately stay in the NFC East and comeback to KILL the skins. MARK MY WORDS! The skins of old are gone. Gibbs coming back was nothing more than a marketing ploy, We all know that no one will give up over 5 million a year! Snyder is making money hand over foot and will continue. LA has been doinked in the A$$ and anyone here that doubts his intelligence is either stupid or in denial. You don't need a Degree from MIT to play LB especially when you have been doing it for YEARS. Holdman, Clemons and the rest of them are YES MEN! Period. We had Trotter and he leaves and becomes a Pro Bowl LB YET AGAIN? But wasn't he accused of free lancing as well here with the skins? I would love to see LaVar go to the Eagles or the Cowboys and when he ends the careers of Skins here then what will all the LaVar Nay Sayers Say then? This is straight sick and I am tired of this crap, LaVar sit back and ride the pine, your sentence here is about over, take the money and run right back to PA and be the LB I know you are and play and when you play us 2 times a year and crack heads all the nay sayers will shut up and be saying I can't believe we let him go, Also then Gibbs will ride off into the sunset as he did in 92 but this time with millions in his already fat pocket. If GW is left as head coach then we will really be a laughing stock YET AGAIN! GW couldn't do it in Buffalo and he will do it here? YEAH RIGHT!! PUT THE CRACK PIPES DOWN PEOPLE get a F'n GRIP! If I was LaVar I would be doing something in practice and then make sure I got a good clean hit on GW that is what he needs to do! :applause: :applause: :applause: :2cents:

In fact, he has openly stated one of his conditions prior to taking the Redskins head coaching job, was trading Riggins.

Let's be accurate here...Riggins was sitting out of football when Gibbs was hired. Gibbs apparently traveled out to Kansas or wherever it was, and had a conversation with Riggins that resulted in him coming back to play.

:doh1: :doh1: :doh1:

Everyone involved has to understand this is not a good situation.

...and with the press foaming at the mouth wanting write another negative article about our beloved skins, Coach Gibbs, who is the master at defusing a situation, needs to do something. He can't let it fester.

Personally I'm done with the situation. I will not read another thread on the situation because its counterproductive to improving the team. I'll wait till the headlines read "...Lavar keeps his mouth shut, and has 4 sacks in one game as a DE..."

Have fun everyone.

:logo:

Well I think GW is a ego maniac, if LaVar isn't getting reps in practice it's because GW is scared that he will take his anger out on Portis or Betts, I bet that if and when LA gets on the field someone is going to get hurt. This also is based on Snyder PERIOD Snyder used to be buds with Arrington and now he tried to con LA out of the money and got caught, the problem with Snyder is he thinks he can do anything. LaVar will leave here and deliberately stay in the NFC East and comeback to KILL the skins. MARK MY WORDS! The skins of old are gone. Gibbs coming back was nothing more than a marketing ploy, We all know that no one will give up over 5 million a year! Snyder is making money hand over foot and will continue. LA has been doinked in the A$$ and anyone here that doubts his intelligence is either stupid or in denial. You don't need a Degree from MIT to play LB especially when you have been doing it for YEARS. Holdman, Clemons and the rest of them are YES MEN! Period. We had Trotter and he leaves and becomes a Pro Bowl LB YET AGAIN? But wasn't he accused of free lancing as well here with the skins? I would love to see LaVar go to the Eagles or the Cowboys and when he ends the careers of Skins here then what will all the LaVar Nay Sayers Say then? This is straight sick and I am tired of this crap, LaVar sit back and ride the pine, your sentence here is about over, take the money and run right back to PA and be the LB I know you are and play and when you play us 2 times a year and crack heads all the nay sayers will shut up and be saying I can't believe we let him go, Also then Gibbs will ride off into the sunset as he did in 92 but this time with millions in his already fat pocket. If GW is left as head coach then we will really be a laughing stock YET AGAIN! GW couldn't do it in Buffalo and he will do it here? YEAH RIGHT!! PUT THE CRACK PIPES DOWN PEOPLE get a F'n GRIP! If I was LaVar I would be doing something in practice and then make sure I got a good clean hit on GW that is what he needs to do! :applause: :applause: :applause: :2cents:

Damn, calm down. Arrington is not exactly spotless in the way he's conducted himself.

If I was LaVar I would be doing something in practice and then make sure I got a good clean hit on GW that is what he needs to do! :applause: :applause: :applause: :2cents:

So you're saying he should assault his Coach because of being benched? :doh:

No wonder it's difficult to take the LaVar enablers so seriously when you read stupid stuff like this.

Let me preface this by saying I'm sick of reading about LaVar, and I couldn't care less whether he's on the field right now, given the way our defense is playing. That said, I thought this was odd enough to deserve a mention...

Did anyone watch Comcast Sportsnite last night?

They did their annual feature on the Redskins' high schooler day, when local football players get to come in and ask questions of a panel of Redskins. This year the panel included Springs, Rogers, Campbell, and a few others who weren't featured as prominently in the segment.

The very first question from one of the kids was, "Why isn't LaVar starting?"

Springs and the rest of the panel gave an uncomfortable laugh, and then he said, "Turn the cameras off, I'll tell you what's going on." Everyone got a little quiet.

Not particularly encouraging. After a quick laugh, Springs got serious again, and gave the boilerplate response: "LaVar is still working on coming back from his injury, we expect to see him out there soon..."

I know Springs is light-hearted about a lot of this stuff, but his immediate reaction to the question suggested that:

a) there is something going on with LA that's not being reported, i.e. it's not just his knee, his playbook comprehension, or the amount of reps he's getting

B) the players are being instructed to keep mum on the issue, repeat the standard lines about LA's knee, practice reps, and scheme comprehension.

Total speculation on my part, and maybe I'm missing an attempted joke by Springs, but it really didn't seem that way. Did anyone else see this? I'd like to hear others' reactions.

EDIT: Here's the redskins.com link...they obviously make no mention of that discussion: http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=11198

This has nothing to do with Lavar not being able to make an impact out there guys....this has nothing to do with Lavar's lack of production on the field....this has everything to do with Lavar's attitutude towards the team/coaching staff. Lavar in the past has always had the attitude he is an untouchable...doesnt feel he needs to practice with the rest of the guys.......Lavar thinks he is the best player on the team......and...he may very well be the best player on the team....but if he fails to show this coaching staff the respect on and off the field......the other players will follow Lavar's work ethics...why? because he is the best player on the team...Lavar needs to show Gibbs and GW that he is a team guy....a leader on this team.....a redskin......its his attitude that needs changing...not his LB playing

Please tell me where you are getting all of this asinine information. When have you been in the locker room or on the practice field with Arrington and the other team members plus the coaching staff? When have these people told you that Arrington has this type of attitude and no respect for the team? Get Real!!

Almost as many Lavar theories as "Lost" theories in the Tailgate forum.

I've seen about 10 possible explainations in this thread that could all be right. I have a feeling that some time before next season the ugly details will come out.

My theory: Arrington is renting a sex boat and bringing the players out to Lake Minnetonka to have sex with strippers.

In fact, he has openly stated one of his conditions prior to taking the Redskins head coaching job, was trading Riggins.

Gibbs never said that

When Gibbs took the job Riggins had retired, it was Gibbs who when out to Kansas and talked Riggins into rejoining the skins

They did their annual feature on the Redskins' high schooler day, when local football players get to come in and ask questions of a panel of Redskins. This year the panel included Springs, Rogers, Campbell, and a few others who weren't featured as prominently in the segment.

The very first question from one of the kids was, "Why isn't LaVar starting?"

Springs and the rest of the panel gave an uncomfortable laugh, and then he said, "Turn the cameras off, I'll tell you what's going on." Everyone got a little quiet.

That wasn't quite was he said, but close. He just said "Turn the cameras off," started to laugh a little, then gave the canned response.

I'm sure more stuff goes on behind-the-scenes than we know, but it wasn't that dramatic. They're only going to say so much to High School kids.

Another kid asked about Rogers getting burned on Playstation, or whatever. That's not the kind of audience you're going to have a discussion with about a player/coach situation.

I've heard all the none excuses from G.Williams and the coaching staff as i need.A blind man can see whats going on here and if you cant see then your not in reality.Synder is trying to make an example of Lavar because of the money.I heard Springs on the Chick Hernandez show Monday be asked if he could have one wish what would it be Gary Williams said a National Championship,Jansen said a Super Bowl and Springs couldnt decide, i wonder why?When you treat a player of Lavars caliber like this,other players wonder if this could happened to them.Synder had better wake up and see whats going on.Look at the players that have left in the past and ask your self why they left.

perish the thought...but someone needs to start a poll or wager: what will we get for Lavar after this situation completely blows up?

1) Nothing + huge dead cap: in keeping with FO tradition.

2) A mid round draft pick.

3) Couple picks plus a couple has been players.

4) Straight up quality player for quality player in a trade.

Anyone not jaded enough yet to hazard a respectable guess?

I was really encouraged by GW's comments after the Denver game. When Kelli Johnson asked him about LA, GW smiled and said "He's really improving." Then he said how he only used three or four packages because the key to success vs. Denver's scheme is leaving the same packages out there and getting them repetition. They used fewer packages than they had all season. This all seemed very encouraging to me. But after LA's comments, I don't really know what to think.

Archived