Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins Notebook: Arrington Says He's in the 'Doghouse'

spanishomelette

I think Gibbs is in total control of the team and Snyder isnt making any calls whatsoever as to if Lavar plays or not. It is between Gibbs and Williams and we

can speculate until the cows come home, but they are going to protect what

they have or dont have and do what they think is right. We as fans donot

and should not expect an explanation for everything they do.

Williams has said from the beginning it doesnt matter how much money your getting

paid, its your performance thats let you play.

Gibbs never said that

When Gibbs took the job Riggins had retired, it was Gibbs who when out to Kansas and talked Riggins into rejoining the skins

Wrong CrabR. Coach Gibbs most CERTAINLY DID say that. I heard him in a sit down interview, and he was very candid about Riggins. I've seen the interview more than once.

Regardless Riggins was a considerably more difficult person to reign in than LaVar. H#ll, the man quit and then came back.

He's definitely on the same path as McCants, Gardner, Coles and everybody else we've released. Lavar is just the last of the bunch and we couldn't move him while he was injured. We are still seeing the new tenants cleaning house. Nah, nah, nah, nah, hey, hey, hey...............goodbye!

It's always been my opinion that whatever your told through the media, think the opposite.

Like when a nation is getting ready for war, they always talk peace up until the moment of attack. Example: Hitler and Chamberlain.

This makes me think its all about the money.

Lavar is gone. It's a done deal, look for this to end up like Meyshawn in Tampa.

Lavar counts 12 million against the cap next year, they will take that hit especially since 9 million will come off the books from the LC trade. Then the salary cap will be going up when the new TV contracts take effect next year, so the Skins will have enough room to do a sign and trade with a potential partner, again much like the LC situation.

If anybody on this board really thinks Gibbs answers to Dan Snyder then they are CRAZY. Gibbs has complete personnel control and final roster say. And to all that think GW doesn't know what he's doing, when was the last time one of his D's finished outside the top 10.

The sooner the Lavar fans come to grips with the fact that he's gone, the easier his departure will be for them. I too am a fan of Lavar but I respect Gibbs and Co. way more, Gibbs has done more for the Washington Redskins then Lavar could ever hope to accomplish.

:gaintsuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck

As a former coach schemes can also include a person of Lavar's caliber you just dont bench a guy with his talent regardless of the scheme because he can stop the run as well as defend TE's.When KC starts to run the ball down on us he will be forced to put him in and if he still doesnt the media and fans will jump all over the coaching staff and owner as is happening now when your winning you can cover it up but when you start losing everything will get exposed.They have some tough games coming up and we go actually lose 4 out of the next 5 games.

I have been saying all along that it is truly personal. It is up to a Coach to get the best out of his players. This is the hallmark of a great coach...a Head Coach in fact.

William's is one rigid, inflexible guy. I just think in any relationship there has to be flexibility and adjustment. The leader is the coach.

This is exactly what I thought was going on...only it is worse than I thought. I mean the guy is now distraught, sitting on the bench because William's "doesn't like him?" Come the hell on. These are grown men. And please do not say LaVar cannot contribute.

Look LaVar was not on the field and the team gave up two big runs for TD's.

Lavar was not on the field and the Skins finished #3, and gave up the fewest points..... your point?

The two runs, was more to the fact that Shawn Springs was out than LaVar... that and some "creative" blocking by the broncos the refs missed

Please tell me where you are getting all of this asinine information. When have you been in the locker room or on the practice field with Arrington and the other team members plus the coaching staff? When have these people told you that Arrington has this type of attitude and no respect for the team? Get Real!!

I read an article last year about how Lavar never worked out in the weight room with the other players..last year was his first year of working out...Lavar to me, did appear to milk his injury ...come on now.....after the third game of last year...he finally gets back 2 weeks prior to regular season!!!! also....I read an article about Joe Gibbs praising Marcus Washington's rehab after Washington had his off season surgery......and how Gibbs was impressed because Marcus was coming in on days when he wasn't asked too...Marcus was going above and beyond so he would be ready for training camp.....Gibbs also said......if marcus can work this hard....so can the other guys on this roster......and Gibbs also said....if Marcus was our only pro bowler from last years team.....the other guys on this roster should also follow this guys work ethic....

"where you are getting all of this asinine information"

I'm using common sense dude.... from what I have read in the past!!!!!!

Please enlighten me...do you really think Lavar isn't playing because he can't handle the LB position? or is it because he is stupid and can't learn plays which btw....football has been his life thus far?

Please...feel free to share why Lavar is having issues with this coaching staff?

P.S.....please don't say Gibbs (the HOF coach) and Co. have no idea what they are doing .....that would be an asinine statement if I ever heard one!!!!!!!

G.Williams may have coached some good Defense's but remember he was a coach also remember that.His defense played well Sunday except when it counted football is 4 qtrs.When you give up 21 points you should lose,since the offense could only score 19 the last time i checked the offense has to score more points than the defense can give up.

Let's be accurate here...Riggins was sitting out of football when Gibbs was hired. Gibbs apparently traveled out to Kansas or wherever it was, and had a conversation with Riggins that resulted in him coming back to play.

Yea, let's be accurate. Gibbs wanted Riggins back so he could be traded. Further, it was Riggins who told Gibbs "Coach, you need me." Joe Gibbs wanted no part of Riggins as a Redskin. He wanted to trade him. Period.

Something to consider, Matt Bowen was the starter last season, before injury... the coaches love him... he worked on scouting the oppoinents while out, attended all off season stuff even when he couldn't workout (something that has been said LaVar didn't do) and even though he was healthy he had been bumped to second string because he didn't get all the training and work in the off season. If not for injuries he wouldn't have been playing that much either.

While Bowen's physical talents aren't comparable to Arringtons, his dedication and intellegence make him a favorite .... yet he was on the pine at the beginning of the season.

Oh well, I was hoping Lavar would keep taking the high road and not ***** about not playing in the media. I guess after his contract and injury flaps, the high road is really not even a question for him.

I think he will be inactive soon. Publicly questioning the coaching staff is a sure ticket off a Gibbs team.

Yea, let's be accurate. Gibbs wanted Riggins back so he could be traded. Further, it was Riggins who told Gibbs "Coach, you need me." Joe Gibbs wanted no part of Riggins as a Redskin. He wanted to trade him. Period.

I don't remember that at all. Gibbs wanted a big Back like Chuck Muncie to run the same offense (one back) as he did in San Diego.

He told Gibbs "you need me" at the begning of the playoff run in 82

He's definitely on the same path as McCants, Gardner, Coles and everybody else we've released. Lavar is just the last of the bunch and we couldn't move him while he was injured. We are still seeing the new tenants cleaning house. Nah, nah, nah, nah, hey, hey, hey...............goodbye!

Gardner and Coles both played up until the end. McCants didn't, but he wasn't a starter to begin with. This a personal F-You from Gregg Williams to LaVar.

Stop using stats they were in close games last year and lost most of them so whats your point.Williams could have the number 1 defense and still lose the next 4 games because the offense cant score enough points to win whether the score is 3-0.

Simple you want this Lavar situation to go away do 1 of 3 things play him, make him inactive, or trade him. If hes so bad someone please tell me why hes still on the team?I would love to see J.Gibbs game plan for Arrington."Just stay away" LOL

Because we can't absorb the bonus escalation THIS SEASON. Otherwise he'd be gone.

I don't remember that at all. Gibbs wanted a big Back like Chuck Muncie to run the same offense (one back) as he did in San Diego.

He told Gibbs "you need me" at the begning of the playoff run in 82

Bubba, San Diego was Dan Fouts, John Jefferson and "Air Coryell." They were not a run based team at all.

But since you bring up Chuck Muncie, yet another problem guy, Gibbs found a way to work with.

This will be dealt with in house,PERIOD. gibbs doesn't do it in the press. arrington does which maybe, maybe part of the problem. but the fact is anything anyone can say is purely conjecture. no real trueth to it. that's part of the problem with the media today. all opinion and Not much trueth.best to sit back and let it happen however it's going to happen. no need getting your pants in a bunch. nothing me or you can do about it.i like all the parties.they're adults, let'em work it out.don't let the media stroke ya. they're not happy unless there's a crisis. and if there isn't one, then they will make one up.

Archived