Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pasty is still at it..

cuchip703

I know this is beating a dead horse, but Pasty-belly was on sports radio 790 this morning in Atlanta talking about the NFC. He was saying how this last weekend showed that the luster has kind of come off both Philly and Atlanta. Philly, he said, is in a dogfight in their own division, and the rest is a quote... "there are three good teams in there....I don't buy into Washington.

Devil's Advocate - As someone who isn't a fan of this team, why should he buy into Washington? Who on their schedule can you point to and feel that that is going to be a Win?

Honestly...several teams.... S.F., St. Louis, the Giants, Philly, Dallas, Arizona, and Tampa Bay, Oakland are all beatable teams for the Redskins. Actually, there is no one left on the schedule that I can say we couldn't honestly beat if things go right for us. The defense is playing well enough and the offense is improving every week that makes us a dangerous team. I can see us losing all those games too as we have a knack of keeping games close....but to not give us any credit at all, which the man never does, is not good sports writing at all. Honestly...who have the Giants beaten that prove they are a good team...Arizona, St. Louis or New Orleans....I am not sure

Devil's Advocate - As someone who isn't a fan of this team, why should he buy into Washington? Who on their schedule can you point to and feel that that is going to be a Win?
?? Uhh, you can say San Fran for starters!

And the point is why does pastabelly have to single out the 'skins? A team that beat the Cowboys on homecoming day, in their own house on Monday Nigth football. Yet he's sold on the 'boys now because they whooped on the Eagles? And he's sold on the Eagles after that whoopin'? And exactly who has the Giants played to make him so sold on them?

A better way to put it is there are no teams on the schedule that you can pencil a 'W'. They are a team that can beat just about any team in the league, but lose to just about any team in the league as well.

You must really have to search for something in their offense if they are improving every week.

I don't read many columnists because it's just their opinion. I certainly can't find fault in someone not being impressed with this team.

Actually, what reason would you have NOT to buy into Washington.

Washington as the No. 5 defense in football despite low sack and turnover numbers while playing three Top 10 offenses when we played them. At some point the sacks and turnovers will improve if not become above average. In any case, despite playing good, well-coached offenses and not getting a lot of bounces -- two turnovers created against Dallas taken away by official fiat -- that's a strong unit.

Washington's offense is No. 8 in the league with a legitimate threat at receiver, a tough runner who'll be among the league's top performers, a interior threat at tight end, a strong offensive line and a frisky QB. Scoring has to improve but, again you can see the threats and difficult the opposition has in slowing this team.

Special teams is struggling, but, with the return of Hall as expected you'd see some improvement here.

There's no reason NOT to believe in Washington yet barring injury. The question is can this staff adjust as teams adjust to the talent on it. Probably, but we won't know for sure until we do.

A better way to put it is there are no teams on the schedule that you can pencil a 'W'. They are a team that can beat just about any team in the league, but lose to just about any team in the league as well.

You must really have to search for something in their offense if they are improving every week.

I don't read many columnists because it's just their opinion. I certainly can't find fault in someone not being impressed with this team.

You can say that about alomst every team in the league and especially in the NFC East. Head to Head in the division, I certainly can't say whose gonna win and whose gonna lose each game.

We beat Sea., a playoff team IMO, we beat Dallass, who was supposed to contend for the division which makes them a perennial playoff team, and then we lost by 2 AT Denver, which is also a playoff team. Ole Pasta just doesn't like us. If we beat KC in KC he still won't be sold on us, hell if go 15-1 he still won't be sold on us.

:gaintsuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck

Actually, what reason would you have NOT to buy into Washington.

Washington as the No. 5 defense in football despite low sack and turnover numbers while playing three Top 10 offenses when we played them. At some point the sacks and turnovers will improve if not become above average. In any case, despite playing good, well-coached offenses and not getting a lot of bounces -- two turnovers created against Dallas taken away by official fiat -- that's a strong unit.

Washington's offense is No. 8 in the league with a legitimate threat at receiver, a tough runner who'll be among the league's top performers, a interior threat at tight end, a strong offensive line and a frisky QB. Scoring has to improve but, again you can see the threats and difficult the opposition has in slowing this team.

Special teams is struggling, but, with the return of Hall as expected you'd see some improvement here.

There's no reason NOT to believe in Washington yet barring injury. The question is can this staff adjust as teams adjust to the talent on it. Probably, but we won't know for sure until we do.

We as fans tend to look for and assume the best. We assume we will create turnovers and pressure the QB. We assume that the offense will find ways to score.

Why should we expect someone who isn't a fan of this team to feel the same way?

they are top ten on both offense and defense. they are 3-1. they just ran up and down the field on the number 6th ranked D (before they played) in their crib where nobody wins, lost by 2 on a near miss on a 2 point conversion and held the passer to under 100 yards. they beat the currrent number 1 O, holding them to a FG for over one half. they are 1-0 in the division. they are the number 2 O in third down conversions. what am i forgetting?

eh, nevermind. they suck, right?

i did forget something- they have scored more points each game they have played than the past week as the O has moved up in the rankings.

and- they are coached by joe freaking gibbs, you flaming ass.

We play the same teams as the Iggles and Gnats? And we play the Boys, Iggles and Gnats.

But on another note, Eff Pastabelly. He hates us and never says anything nice. He didn't like us when we won the Super Bowl. :peaceout:

You can honestly sit here and say that from the Chicago game, through Dallas, to Seattle, to the Denver game, that the offense hasn't improved week to week. Then you aren't watching the games. The only thing holding this team back is its red zone performance.

Its not the fact that he isn't impressed with Washington that I find at fault, its the fact that he includes a team that hasn't beaten anybody, a team that lost to Washington, and a team that is very one dimensional right now as good teams, while Washington is considered the team "not to believe in" Sure the Giants can score points against the powerhouse defenses in ahem....Arizona....St. Louis....New Orleans... Look what S.D. did to the giants "vaunted" defense....why should anybody be a believer there until they play some teams that are decent.

We as fans tend to look for and assume the best. We assume we will create turnovers and pressure the QB. We assume that the offense will find ways to score.

because we are 3-1 against and could have/ should have beaten Denver

Pasta is still red about not getting the “Joe Gibbs returning” scoop a couple of years back. I wouldn’t expect to get a positive word out of him for the foreseeable future. In fact he seems to enjoy messing with Skins fans.

It’s petty of him but at the end of the day I don’t care about what he says any more than I care about what Sally Jenkins says. Neither of them knows what’s going on inside the organization and neither of them have any control over how the team plays. If we continue to do well they’ll look like fools and I’m certainly in favor of that.

You can honestly sit here and say that from the Chicago game, through Dallas, to Seattle, to the Denver game, that the offense hasn't improved week to week. Then you aren't watching the games. The only thing holding this team back is its red zone performance.

I've never missed a game. I suppose if you want to look at the offensive statistics, you would probably be correct. I don't know about you, but I get a little tired of stats of how good this offense is even though they don't score.

In the same manner that as a fan of football, you can look at a game without bias and know that this team is not the same as last year. They are more dangerous and more balanced.

they are top ten on both offense and defense. they are 3-1. they just ran up and down the field on the number 6th ranked D (before they played) in their crib where nobody wins, lost by 2 on a near miss on a 2 point conversion and held the passer to under 100 yards. they beat the currrent number 1 O, holding them to a FG for over one half. they are 1-0 in the division. they are the number 2 O in third down conversions. what am i forgetting?

eh, nevermind. they suck, right?

i did forget something- they have scored more points each game they have played than the past week as the O has moved up in the rankings.

and- they are coached by joe freaking gibbs, you flaming ass.

Whoa! I think you lost track somewhere, I can assure you that I am not a flaming ass. I was simply wondering why we should expect a columnist to have the same feelings about this team as we do?

I honestly hope for your sake that this doesn't violate any type of name calling rule on this board. If it does, I would hope they show some compassion for you.

The point remains that WITHOUT turnovers and sacks or even that much scoring we've been very much able to win each game. The law of averages will increase the turnover creation. We won't end up with eight takeaways all year. We won't end up with 12 sacks.

Given the ability of the offense to move the ball against FOUR Top 10 defenses when we played them, we can also expect as we go against lesser defenses that we might be more productive scoring. The assumption is to the good, not the ill, on this given how we've done against good defenses.

Archived