Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Love from P.King?

barefoot

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/10/10/mmqb.week5/3.html

TEN THINGS I THINK I THINK

2. I think the man who makes our HBO show, Inside the NFL, tick, Brian Hyland, said it all to me about the Redskins in his 3:01 a.m. e-mail today (and don't ask, the man's a night owl): "Redskins probably made more of a statement in their loss than they have in their wins.''

e. Mark Brunell, you're proving lots of people, including me, wrong.

What's the world coming to?

Not much love...

THE FINE FIFTEEN

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/10/10/mmqb.week5/1.html

This week's top 15 teams in the NFL:

1. Indianapolis (5-0). Was that a bit of saliva I saw dripping from Dwight Freeney's facemask as he looked across the line at Alex Smith, the 21-year-old kid making his first NFL start in San Francisco?

2. San Diego (2-2). If the Chargers play tonight like the Padres played against the Cardinals, the final score will be Pittsburgh 98, San Diego 3.

3. Philadelphia (3-2). Donovan McNabb will go to Arizona and rest during his Eagles' bye week. Maybe he can find a cure for his bad first halves.

4. Denver (4-1). We are all seeking wisdom, Mike Shanahan. Please explain getting blown out at Miami a month ago.

5. New England (3-2). Is Adam Vinatieri of this world?

6. Tampa Bay (4-1). Don't take it too hard, Grude-dog. But I would be worried about your quarterback's inability to make plays.

7. Cincinnati (4-1). I resist the temptation to say, "Same old Bengals," because I don't think they are.

8. Dallas (3-2). The Cowboys fired a warning shot across the bow of the NFC East Sunday. That's one heck of a win.

9. Atlanta (3-2). Am I the only one wondering if the money Rich McKay spent on Mike Vick is going to come back to haunt the Falcons? I wonder if he'll be healthy enough to earn it.

10. Pittsburgh (2-1). I know Jerome Bettis and Duce Staley are ready to roll. I also know I would still give the majority of the carries to Fast Willie Parker on the old sod of San Diego tonight.

11. (tie)Washington (3-1). It doesn't get any easier, men of Gibbs. You're at the airplane hangar known as Arrowhead Sunday as your Magical Mystery Tour of the AFC West continues.

11. (tie) New York Giants (3-1). You pick which one's better. I can't.

13. Carolina (3-2). Wins are wins. But the Panthers had to hang on to beat the Pack at home and to earn a victory at Arizona. That might concern me if I had Super Bowl aspirations.

14. Jacksonville (3-2). Nice win. Very nice. Still don't know what to make of this team, except that it will hit you very hard on defense.

15. Seattle (3-2). The Seahawks won one of those last-team-with-the-ball-wins games. Pretty significant that it came against the Rams, who've tormented the Seahawks recently.

KC is good, but they are on the decline. T. Green is getting old and their coach won't win a championship anytime soon. The rest of the AFC is just too good. Heck, they can't even beat out two teams in their own division. Having said that, they are still a good team and tough to beat at home.

Not much love...

THE FINE FIFTEEN

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/10/10/mmqb.week5/1.html

This week's top 15 teams in the NFL:

3. Philadelphia (3-2). Donovan McNabb will go to Arizona and rest during his Eagles' bye week. Maybe he can find a cure for his bad first halves.

/QUOTE]

:puke:

is it me or will NO one point out that philly has played like crap this year. This team is highly overrated and overhyped this year

Wow, how the heck does he have Pittsburgh outside the top 5? One last second loss to the defending champs and they are nearly out of the top 10?

I'm going to go on record and say that if we end up the year one spot behind Pittsburgh in anybody's power rankings I will be a happy, happy man.

Archived