Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lenny P at it again

mhd24

Not dealing the 2nd rounder. Denver would have caved in for a straight-up if we pushed for it. Even so, I don't dislike the trade.

You think we said "yes" as soon as the deal was proposed? I would think that as a Skins fan you would know The Danny drives a harder bargain than that (see Extra Points Mastercard). I'm willing to bet he pulled it back from a 2005 first rounder.

Guys, there's only one way to get rid of Len Pastabelly. Here is my plan of action, but someone with a moped or car is gonna have to step up.

We need to find out where he lives. First off, we have to distract him. On the day of the game, we need to call his house right before the game starts. When he answers the phone, say there's a suprise waiting for him outside. When he gets outside, there will be a bucket of chicken on a skateboard, or something else, and the bucket of chicken will be tied to a car. Someone is gonna have to drive the car at a slow pace, slow enough that pastabelly will keep chasing the bucket of chicken. While the person in the car drives around, with pastabelly chasing the bucket of chicken, someone will sneak into his house and destroy anything that he could use to try and write something, we need to get rid of his computer, any paper, pencil, or other things used for writing. Then the person in his house should call the person in the car, and he will drive slowly back to pastabelly's house with pastabelly chasing. When he gets to pastabelly's house, pastabelly will take the bucket of chicken from the back of the car and go back into his house, where he won't be able to write anything again.

Any suggestions or volunteers?

Guys, there's only one way to get rid of Len Pastabelly. Here is my plan of action, but someone with a moped or car is gonna have to step up.

We need to find out where he lives. First off, we have to distract him. On the day of the game, we need to call his house right before the game starts. When he answers the phone, say there's a suprise waiting for him outside. When he gets outside, there will be a bucket of chicken on a skateboard, or something else, and the bucket of chicken will be tied to a car. Someone is gonna have to drive the car at a slow pace, slow enough that pastabelly will keep chasing the bucket of chicken. While the person in the car drives around, with pastabelly chasing the bucket of chicken, someone will sneak into his house and destroy anything that he could use to try and write something, we need to get rid of his computer, any paper, pencil, or other things used for writing. Then the person in his house should call the person in the car, and he will drive slowly back to pastabelly's house with pastabelly chasing. When he gets to pastabelly's house, pastabelly will take the bucket of chicken from the back of the car and go back into his house, where he won't be able to write anything again.

Any suggestions or volunteers?

While attempting to read this, I lost my buzz...

Many have stated the Skins overpaid in the Portis-Bailey trade. This is nothing new. Len wants to make sure he can take every chance he can get to rip the Skins. Somehow I doubt he will write up a story at the end of the year on how the Skins got the better or the Moss-Coles trade when Santana is in the ProBowl and Coles is still sucking his big toe.

That argument is completely overlooked by the media, and it's a very valid one. Especially the first part... we obtained a star running back for a player that wasn't going to be on our team anyway and a second round pick that may or may not have been used on Tatum Bell.

What's even weirder, Todd, is how some 'skins fans, who have no gain in ignoring this fact as reporters do (to sell copy or grind personal axes), also ignore this point when discussing what we got for Champ. And yet, not more than a few posts after yours, is once again, more "we didn't get a good deal" stuff, still ignoring this point.

For the thousandth time, Champ wasn't going to stay in Washington. He said so. He was going to leave with us GETTING NOTHING for him when the time came that he was able to do so before the start of the season. He also DID NOT ask for more money from us, like I read someone write, somewhere. He wanted OUT, pardon the caps. Jeezuz he even still says the same thing today, as recently as after the game in the Denver Post.

That we got something, ANYTHING, like we did get was great. THAT'S why we had to give the 2nd rounder for crissake, because EVERY F/O knew Champ had said he was done here and would leave. We were lucky that Denver wanted specifcally Champ at a positon of need for them enough to make the trade at all, and that happened only because they didn't want to risk him not being available for "free" later. You bet your azz they wanted something better than a straight-across. How long will it be before people understand this?????? :doh:

The real question if one were going to be debated is was CP worth a 2nd round pick? I'd say yes, even if we were psychic and could've had Bell.

PLenny-

Enough with the winner/loser of the trade already, which happened 2 frikin years ago!

Broncos got what they want, a shutdown corner in Champ (although I'm more than happy with Shawn Springs, who had a better year than champ last year)

They got Tatum Bell too, a RB with potential who has had one good game (against us) since hes been there.

We got Clinton Portis, a great RB who we're more than happy with (who'd he replace-trung candidate? We needed a RB)...who is getting more yards behind this years line.

Lenny P, Tom Jackson...haters.

For all of those who think we got gyped, tell me what would have been the correct move?

I guess people who agree with Pastabelly believe that keeping Bailey and letting his contract expire with us getting nothing would have been better. Because its not like other teams were offering up better players without us giving us a draft pick.

Portis and a 2nd for the still totally overrated and very overpaid Bailey was a great deal. Denvers defense was worse last year with him, ours was much much better without him. Washington, Griffin, and Springs are much better than just Bailey. And Portis is better than Bell and the Redskins totally dominated the Broncos except for 2 plays. The Redskins lost to themselves, weather and the refs on Sunday, not the Broncos.

Whats Pasta's point anyway? Did he negotiate a better trade for Bailey that Gibbs and Snyder turned down or something? Does he really think one pretty good DB is worth a 60+ Million dollar contract when there are equally talented players available for 1/3 of that?

I agree it wasn't Champ or Portis who determined the game it was the dam second round pick we gave up :doh:

Yes I love we got Portis but it wasn't worth giving up a 2nd as well.

I got bashed for the first time since joining extremeskins just for having clinton portis in a poll for which player should be traded... People don't even want to think about Portis not measuring up to what Gibbs thought he would do for our team. I like our draft picks, Sean Taylor, Chris Cooley. Can you imagine if we had our 2nd pick.

That's not the point. The point is that we did not get good value for Champ.

He was going to be gone anyway!

Do you see Pasta write entire articles 3-4 times a season to point out that the 49ers only got a 5th round pick for Terrell Owens who is a much better player than Bailey?

And it's not like the 9ers have gotten better since they let Owens go either but the redskins have gotten much better. Better than the Broncos in fact judging by the game the other day.

Archived