Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Delay of game.

cracka

one glaring issue that I havent seen discussed or published is the delay of game on the first OT field goal attempt. What was that all about? That could have been a very very costly ST mistake that I've got to think is completly avoidable. What were they deciding on, punting??

Oh well. just curious as to the extremeskins take.

From what I heard Novak was late getting on to the field, he didn't realize that the Skins were going to attempt the kick prior to 4th down. He had time once he got on the field but Gibbs seeing that he was late getting out there was trying to call a timeout so that they wouldn't be rushed. At least that's the way I heard it.

i was at the game, what happened was novak was at the other end of the sideline practicing and did one more practice kick, and all of a sudden everyone relized he wasnt out there and screamed at him "get out there man we're kicking" and that delayed the kick by about ten seconds, so they got a delay of game. The fans thought he got it off but it didnt matter he made the next one.

There has gotta be a better way of calling timeout. Coaches get screwed by this all the time. I remember it happened to Spurrier at least once.

Actually, the rules have been changed and the head coach can call a time out, which I don't think was true when Spurrier was head coach.

Jason

Yeah. After the penalty do you think we should have kicked it there on 2nd down. Thats the only thing I dont know. and thats why I think Gibbs was praying at the end. We had at least one or two more plays to get back some of the field position. I think Gibbs realized this at the last second and got down on one knee. Maybe not, maybe he just wanted to try to end the game there but it had me thinking.

Archived