Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pay Westbrook...

tr1

Ah......how refreshing....I return from vacation to read tr1's crap! How was the birthday big guy?

Anyways you are correct about Westbrook, he is amongust the elite threats in the league. He should be paid, as for your comment about Gordon, sorry to say, but he lacks Westy's shifty attributes, but he brings power to the team, which was evident on the few times he carried would be tacklers on his carries. It really is a nice 1-2 punch.....especially once he learns more plays.

Ah......how refreshing....I return from vacation to read tr1's crap! How was the birthday big guy?

Anyways you are correct about Westbrook, he is amongust the elite threats in the league. He should be paid, as for your comment about Gordon, sorry to say, but he lacks Westy's shifty attributes, but he brings power to the team, which was evident on the few times he carried would be tacklers on his carries. It really is a nice 1-2 punch.....especially once he learns more plays.

First thing you say is 'crap', then you go on to agree with me... :doh:

he aint coming back, what r they gonna offer him? its not gonna be near the portis contract (which he will ask for cuz his receiving + his rushing totals portis total yardage) and it will probably be in the five year 25 million dollar range, westbrook wants money and some team (ARIZONA, DENVER, MINNESOTA, etc.) will offer him more money. Westbrook has been alienated, i dont see him coming back to phili to torment us

Another thread full of false hope. :laugh:

False hope of what? False hope of the tightwad Eagles paying Westbrook what he deserves instead of lowballing him?

But Westbrook should understand, right? The Eagles only sitting on $12 million in cap space, so the players have to make sacrifices for the team. :rolleyes:

Joe Banner and the Philadelphia Eagles: Salary Cap Room Champions!

The defense was stupid to come out of the nickel package. When Oakland had a corner on Westbrook he was MIA.

Well, one of Westbrook's catches over 30 yards he was covered in man , one-on-one against Charles Woodson and basically made Woodson fall over himself. They showed it on the replays more than once.

The funny thing about this Philadelphia team is that they actually have a #2 WR who can catch the ball opposite Owens now, so it's hard to leave a corner on Westbrook unless you remain exclusively in nickel and dime packages, which Philadelphia exploited running yesterday.

Westbrook will probably never see the pay day he's looking for. While he is the #1 threat for the Eagles, he simply doesn't fit the prototype for any other team. I'm not sure if he can't run or the Eagles can't run, but they haven't needed to. The last real threat the Eagles had at RB was Duce. They didn't show him the money either.

Westbrook will probably never see the pay day he's looking for. While he is the #1 threat for the Eagles, he simply doesn't fit the prototype for any other team. I'm not sure if he can't run or the Eagles can't run, but they haven't needed to. The last real threat the Eagles had at RB was Duce. They didn't show him the money either.

They extended Duce and then let him go after his 2nd contract was up, and he's been injured both last year and this year. Keeping Duce would have meant keeping Westbrook and, at the time, Buck, on the bench.

I really think the Eagles want to extend Westbrook, they lead the league in extending players to their 2nd contracts.

No one has addressed my point...without WB, your team looks ordinary.

It's really pitiful that the Eagles won't pony up...tell me they aren't cheap!

Does it hurt you Eagles fans to state the obvious? :doh:

They offered him a deal more than what Rudi Johnson/Barber/A. Green/D. Davis got and he rejected it. Will they up it any more? I don't know, but his value is immense to the team.

The Eagles, however, aren't "ordinary" without him. They would get a RB to replace him, and also see if Moats would be able to handle the load. They have one of the best QBs/WRs, a good OLine, TE who leads the league in receptions, a #2 WR who is on pace for 80 catches, and a very strong defense. Hardly ordinary.

Last game, the Raiders average field position was the 40 because Akers couldn't kick, they had a 2-0 turnover edge, McNabb could barely move, and the Eagles still won.

We'll see how the team does as the season goes on. They have a VERY hard game next week @KC.

Moats didn't play yesterday tr1. They said he's still learning the playbook. He looked like lightning in a bottle in the preseason, but who knows what that will translate into when the games mean something. I'm excited to see him play though. Gordon is the 'big' guy at RB and he only had 1 carry. Westbrook obviously saw the most action.

You are preaching to the choir about resigning him though. He's amazing for this offense and I think he needs the Eagles just as much as the Eagles need him. Hopefully they reach an extension, because his absence would obviously present a hole that needs to be addressed. I will not, however, say that the team is 'ordinary' without him.

TR1 ------- without WB the Iggles would be in very sad shape. They've completely abandoned the running game. Granted, their short dump-offs & screens to Westbrook work very well. However, they'll have a very hard time finding a RB that can produce like Westbrook.

If he went down the Iggles would have much of a season. I love how they beat up on a powder puff team (niners) and then squeek by a talented, but bad oakland team. I think the KC game will be very telling of how the season goes for the birds. So many excuses for the Falcons game, but in reality ------ they just got beat. Lucky for them they've got a soft schedule..........

could very possibly split all division games --- 3 more loses

drop one to KC and then either SD/SEA --- 2 more loses

end the season 10-6 as long as they have WB

TR1 ------- without WB the Iggles would be in very sad shape. They've completely abandoned the running game. Granted, their short dump-offs & screens to Westbrook work very well. However, they'll have a very hard time finding a RB that can produce like Westbrook.

If he went down the Iggles would have much of a season. I love how they beat up on a powder puff team (niners) and then squeek by a talented, but bad oakland team. I think the KC game will be very telling of how the season goes for the birds. So many excuses for the Falcons game, but in reality ------ they just got beat. Lucky for them they've got a soft schedule..........

could very possibly split all division games --- 3 more loses

drop one to KC and then either SD/SEA --- 2 more loses

end the season 10-6 as long as they have WB

The Redskins have an easier schedule than the Eagles.

Eagles defense coupled with McNabb and Owens hardly equates to a team being in "very sad shape".

Moats didn't play yesterday tr1. They said he's still learning the playbook. He looked like lightning in a bottle in the preseason, but who knows what that will translate into when the games mean something. I'm excited to see him play though. Gordon is the 'big' guy at RB and he only had 1 carry. Westbrook obviously saw the most action.

You are preaching to the choir about resigning him though. He's amazing for this offense and I think he needs the Eagles just as much as the Eagles need him. Hopefully they reach an extension, because his absence would obviously present a hole that needs to be addressed. I will not, however, say that the team is 'ordinary' without him.

You're right, it was Gordon...

They are ordinary without him...he gave you the spark when McNabb was awful. And he keeps making people miss.

The Redskins have an easier schedule than the Eagles.

Eagles defense coupled with McNabb and Owens hardly equates to a team being in "very sad shape".

One thing very obvious yesterday...make McNabb move and even run. He's got a nagging injury that can easily be aggrevated...if I we a D coordinator, I'd try to come up the middle...

One thing very obvious yesterday...make McNabb move and even run. He's got a nagging injury that can easily be aggrevated...if I we a D coordinator, I'd try to come up the middle...

As would I. Eagles OLine hasn't showed to be wonderful at blitz pickup so far. The only thing is, if you blitz the Eagles, it creates mismatches for Owens and Westbrook in coverage and gets them 1-on-1 in the open field.

You're right, it was Gordon...

They are ordinary without him...he gave you the spark when McNabb was awful. And he keeps making people miss.

I'll agree that Westbrook is the KEY to the Eagles offense. But, you still haven't answered what kind of condition the Skins would be without Portis. How would Seattle be without Alexander? How would San Diego be without LT?

In your zeal to slam the Eagles, you miss very obvious points which ruin your argument.

I'll agree that Westbrook is the KEY to the Eagles offense. .

nonsense.

McNabb was, is, and will be that team. As McNabb goes, so will the rest of the bunch.

You don't see this? That is bad.

The iggles FO agrees with me, btw. Look no further than the fat, lucrative contract that McNabb got, and compare that to the nickel and dime treatment that every other player on the team gets.

When McNabb retires... if Reid is smart he will retire too. the iggles will reclaim their spot in the cellar of the NFC east.

write it down.

Archived