Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ebay Advice, am I getting played..

TheSteve

About two weeks ago, I bought a motherboard and heatsink off Ebay for about $40. The Seller had about 50 feedback and it was all positive. Also, after I bought it he replied saying he would email me the tracking number and ship the item in the morning. That was two weeks ago..

It's been over 10 business days and I still haven't recieved the motherboard, still haven't gotten the tracking number via email, and until last night I didn't hear from him at all. Last night I decided to call the guy, and he told me he wasn't at the office and would call me back in 45 minutes. Needless to say he didn't call.

Now either one or two things are happening here:

1. The Item was lost in the great USPS mail system, lost in transit from Wisconsin.

or,

2. This guy has just decided to run with my money.

I'm leaning towards the latter. Should I just cut my losses, leave negative feedback, and file a claim with paypal? Or, should I try calling this guy one more time and then proceeding with the above if that doesn't work out?

I have been using ebay for about 5 or so years now. Been screwed only two times. I agree with dks, call the guy one last time and let him know that you are going to contact safe harbor (Ebay). Tell him if you do not get a tracking number by tonight that you will file a complaint. Chances are he is just having problems on his end so I would give him one more chance.

Let him know that you're planning to leave negative feedback if you don't get your item - if he doesn't get off his butt to help you out then you'll know he's ripping you off.

I already emailed him and told him that. Last night I decided to call him to give him one last chance. I'm just going to go ahead and file a paypal Buyer Protection claim. If he's an honest seller he will respond.

Archived