Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thought Eagles fans were bad?

Skins4SB

Check out the class acts from New York.. :doh:

-- Giants Fans Taunt Saints Fans --

Fri Sep 23, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The New York Daily News reports some Giants fans taunted Saints fans during the Saints "home opener" at Giants Stadium on Monday. "Where's your swimmies? I hope you have your swimmies!" one ignoramus asked Diane Dias, 46, who splits her time between homes in New Orleans and New Milford, Conn. "You deserve what you got," another said. "New Orleans people are stupid." "There were a handful of people who were extremely nice, but overall people were hostile," Dias said. Many Saints boosters, including some evacuees, were not verbally attacked and reported that Giants fans went out of their way to show support. But Dias' experience was not an isolated incident. On several Web sites, Saints fans recounted a torrent of abuse. "After I reported an obnoxious fan for exposing himself to me, my friend and I were kicked out the stadium, apparently for having the nerve to complain," read a Nola.com posting. "One guy even said he was glad our city was under water. ... I have had to sit here for FOUR YEARS and listen to all the New Yorkers complain and expect sympathy from the world [because] of 9/11 and this is what we get in return?"

I hate when American disasters somehow become regional or local things. They are experienced at that level, of course, but we shouldn't be dividing ourselves like that.

There are ALWAYS morons, we call them trolls on message boards. Mix drink with idiots and the general level of morality that permeates American society these days and who can be surprised.

C'mon guys, those idiots were in the minority. Every fan-base has some morons in it. I guarantee you there's at least 50-100 just as moronic at Fed-Ex every week.

What I can't understand is why the woman got kicked out after reporting the guy who exposed himself. She should file a lawsuit against the NY Giants and the NFL for emotional scarring. Can you imagine how much she'd win? Losing all that she lost in N.O., then being exposed to harassment about it, and then being kicked out of Giants stadium for telling an usher. The jury would hook her up!

C'mon guys, those idiots were in the minority. Every fan-base has some morons in it. I guarantee you there's at least 50-100 just as moronic at Fed-Ex every week.

What I can't understand is why the woman got kicked out after reporting the guy who exposed himself. She should file a lawsuit against the NY Giants and the NFL for emotional scarring. Can you imagine how much she'd win? Losing all that she lost in N.O., then being exposed to harassment about it, and then being kicked out of Giants stadium for telling an usher. The jury would hook her up!

According to the article, these people were the majority.

"There were a handful of people who were extremely nice, but overall people were hostile," Dias said.

I find this whole thing extremely difficult to believe. It could have been the people around that person were hostile and she just lumped in the whole crowd with them. I doubt she came into contact with the majority of the crowd. As has been pointed out, every fan base has their own group of morons. If a few people did this then they should be banned from Giants games for life. But I find it difficult to swallow that the whole crowd for the most part was like this. And if they were, no more alcohol at Giants games.

As for you HeHateMe,

You keep spouting how the Giants needed a disaster for the Giants to get a win. Are you kidding? How many times do I have to remind you that the Giants swept the Cowboys last year? And way for the Cowboys to blow a 13-0 lead with less than four mintues to go, AT HOME.

I posted this on bigblueinteractive. A number of people who were at the game responded and said there were a couple of incidents like this here and there but it was by no means widespread. They actually said that the Saint fans that were there were giving Giant fans the finger without provication.

Hey, I'm sure something happened but as far as it being to the extent these people were saying, I would have to doubt it.

I saw clips from the Jim Haslett interview when he got pissed about that home field stuff earlier. Now that I think about it... Did they actually dress the stadium up in giants regalia per their usual home games? Considering they actually share the stadium, its obvious they can be brought down with out terrible errort. It would have been interesting to see them dress the stadium up to look like it was the saints home.

I'm not sure what happened, the fact that the game was played in NY anyway is ridicolous....nothing like the saints having a

'home" game and looking up at the scoreboard to see "GO GIANTS"

um, you're incorrect, the scoreboard never said "Go Giants" they used the Saints fleur symbol thru out. AND the Saintsations...their cheerleading squad were there. we've never allowed cheerleaders at Giants Stadium (for pro games), even during the playoffs. their name was painted in one end zone. and they shut down the Giants fans post game access to the players to allow the Saints players, their friends, families and fans to have autograph alley to themselves. the stadium was decorated with Saints colors at field level. the Giants have always sold the visiting teams stuff in their concession stands, so that wasn't anything new. if the Maras won't take the name off the bulding for a sponsor's check, you can bet they weren't removing it for the New Orleans Saints.

the Saints fans at our tailgate and in the section i was in, were prefectly nice folks and were treated with consideration and courtesy. and during the game were mainly bowled over by the amounts of $$$ they saw getting dropped into the Red Cross collection buckets.

as for the story of someone (almost) getting put out because she turned someone in for flashing her...hard to believe. the Giants have a 'no play' policy, you screw up? they don't play around. i've seen folks ejected for the ever so charming grab your crotch and curse move.

with the exception of the Superdome (and possibly LSU), just where do you think the Saints will play this year that they will have the edge on fans?

Check out the class acts from New York.. :doh:

-- Giants Fans Taunt Saints Fans --

Fri Sep 23, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The New York Daily News reports some Giants fans taunted Saints fans during the Saints "home opener" at Giants Stadium on Monday. "Where's your swimmies? I hope you have your swimmies!" one ignoramus asked Diane Dias, 46, who splits her time between homes in New Orleans and New Milford, Conn. "You deserve what you got," another said. "New Orleans people are stupid." "There were a handful of people who were extremely nice, but overall people were hostile," Dias said. Many Saints boosters, including some evacuees, were not verbally attacked and reported that Giants fans went out of their way to show support. But Dias' experience was not an isolated incident. On several Web sites, Saints fans recounted a torrent of abuse. "After I reported an obnoxious fan for exposing himself to me, my friend and I were kicked out the stadium, apparently for having the nerve to complain," read a Nola.com posting. "One guy even said he was glad our city was under water. ... I have had to sit here for FOUR YEARS and listen to all the New Yorkers complain and expect sympathy from the world [because] of 9/11 and this is what we get in return?"

I'm not suprised at all. I go to NYC all the time and some (not all but some) of those New Yorkers are the rudest people I have ever met. Back in the day when I used to attend games at RKF, I was stuck with the visiting teams fans. (I sat near the visiting team's bench) Those fans would always start fights, throw food at children in redskin shirts and curse for no reasons at all. Of course, that happens with the Cowgirls and Iggles come to town also...

It wouldn't suprise me if this happened but it sounds a little exagerated. There's a couple of idiots at every stadium, except in Philly there all morons there.

Hey look... a thread about Giants fans being A-holes somehow gets twisted to bring up Philly fans.

I'll bet anything that you have NEVER been to a game in Philly. Correct ?

that is pretty horrible, I never thought of Giants fans that bad, maybe Jets fans, but not Giants. Oh well, that lowers their standing with me to pretty low.

HUH!!! Jets fans are angels compared to Giants fans. I've seen the Redskins play both of them in the Meadowlands and the Giant fans are far worse than the Jets fans were. They will go out of their way to make your game day experience as bad as possible. My boss was at the Saints game and he said everywhere he looked there were fights going on.

Archived