Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis,less or more in 05?

MAX POWER

Can Clinton do better than1,315 yds this season?

I say he does, I'm going to say he rushes somewhere between 1,389- 1,457. If the o-line can stay healthy and with Clinton adding 20lbs and the coaching staff adding some new wrinkles that compliment:dallasuck his running style he could get those type of yards. Also IMO the extra 20 seemed to have no real affect to his speed.

Put me in the MORE column also. I also would say 1500+. The health of the O line will obviously be key. As will the extra 20 lbs Portis is hitting backers with now.

Maybe the most important thing though, will be Coach Gibbs use of CP. Gibbs has never really had an every-down speed-burning running back before. He's always had big bruising guys for the most part. CP gaining some size and JG learning how to fully utilize his speed can be a deadly combo. Throw in Betts for a change of pace, and I REALLY like our ground game.

I honestly believe that he will rush for more than 1500 yards for the simple reason that the Redskins have changed their offensive schemes to fit Clinton Portis's style of running that he had at Denver and at the university of Miami. Lets hope it works, if so then he should be the NFC rushing champion this year!

Provided he can stay healthy, he'll do 1500+ and everyone will begin to talk about how we got the better end of the trade with Denver.

:)

And does anybody know who they drafted with the pick we sent them along with Bailey? It wasn't Clarrett was it?

:laugh:

I believe we sent them a 2nd rounder...so it was either Tatum Bell, Darius Watts or Darrent Williams; but I'm pretty sure it was Tatum Bell. Watts and Williams were taken with their regular second round picks...I think.

I say he does, I'm going to say he rushes somewhere between 1,389- 1,457. If the o-line can stay healthy and with Clinton adding 20lbs and the coaching staff adding some new wrinkles that compliment:dallasuck his running style he could get those type of yards. Also IMO the extra 20 seemed to have no real affect to his speed.

I actually think he'll get between 1,397 and 1,501... what the? where did you come up with those numbers?

In all honesty, I hope he gets 1750, but he needs to stay healthy.

He might do about 100-200 yards better but without a passing game, he wont get that much, like last year he will contsalty face 8 in the box.

Archived