Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chavez Says US Plans To Invade!

visionary

Maybe Pat Robertson had the right idea after all... :rolleyes:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chavez: U.S. planning to invade Venezuela

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said Friday he has documentary evidence that the United States plans to invade his country.

Chavez, interviewed on ABC's "Nightline," said the plan is called "Balboa" and involves aircraft carriers and planes. A transcript of the interview was made available by "Nightline."

He said U.S. soldiers recently went to Curacao, an island off Venezuela's northwest coast. He described as a "lie" the official U.S. explanation that they visited Curacao for rest and recreation.

"They were doing movements. They were doing maneuvers," Chavez said, speaking through a translator.

He added: "We are coming up with the counter-Balboa plan. That is to say if the government of the United States attempts to commit the foolhardy enterprise of attacking us, it would be embarked on a 100-year war. We are prepared."

Chavez has been attending the summit of world leaders at the United Nations in New York this week. On Thursday, he denounced the U.S.-led war in Iraq and told other leaders they should consider moving the U.N. headquarters out of the United States.

To prove U.S. intentions to invade Venezuela, Chavez offered to send "Nightline" host Ted Koppel maps and other documentation.

"What I can't tell you his how we got it, to protect the sources, how we got it through military intelligence," he said.

In the event of a U.S. invasion, Chavez said the United States can "just forget" about receiving any more oil from his country. :laugh:

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

:doh:

Find this article at:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/09/16/chavez.ap/index.html

Another interesting move by Senor Chavez...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chavez criticizes Bush on Iraq at U.N. summit

Venezuelan leader says world body should move headquarters

UNITED NATIONS ( AP) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez took President Bush to task in front of a global summit for waging war in Iraq without U.N. consent and won rousing applause for his critique.

The leftist leader told a U.N. summit Thursday that fighting the war without U.N. authorization showed Washington did not respect the world body. He recommended moving U.N. headquarters to a country that has more regard for the organization.

"There were never weapons of mass destruction but Iraq was bombed, and over U.N. objections, [it was] occupied and continues being occupied," Chavez said.

In arguing to go to war, Bush said that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction, but none have been found.

"That's why we propose to this assembly that the United Nations leave this country, which is not respectful of the very resolutions of this assembly," Chavez said.

Chavez, a close ally of Cuban leader Fidel Castro, suggested moving U.N. headquarters from New York to an international city "outside the sovereignty of any state" and said some have mentioned Jerusalem as one possibility.

But the Venezuelan leader said the new headquarters has to be in the South, home to most developing countries.

Bush was not in the audience when Chavez spoke to the world representatives. But the U.S. president did address the summit's opening session on Wednesday morning, then returned to Washington later that day.

World leaders at the summit had been asked to speak for five minutes, but Chavez ran long, and when the presiding diplomat passed him a note saying his time was up, he threw it on the floor. He said if Bush could speak for 20 minutes, so could he.

When he finally stopped, he got what observers said was the loudest applause of the summit.

Relations between Chavez and Washington have become increasingly strained, though the United States remains the top buyer of Venezuelan oil.

Chavez repeatedly has accused the U.S. government of backing plots against him and recently alleged Washington was preparing to invade his country.

American religious broadcaster Pat Robertson recently suggested the United States assassinate Chavez because he poses a threat. Chavez responded that Robertson had clearly "expressed the wish of the elite that govern the United States." Robertson has since apologized.

U.S. officials strongly deny the Venezuelan leader's claims but have expressed concerns about the health of the country's democracy under Chavez, who was first elected in 1998 pledging a social "revolution" for the poor majority.

The two leaders have clashed over a host of other issues as well.

Bush criticized Venezuela's government earlier Thursday, saying the South American nation had "failed demonstrably" to make a concerted effort to block shipments of illicit narcotics to the United States and Europe last year.

Venezuela could have been subjected to a cutoff of U.S. assistance, but Bush decided to waive the provision because of national security interests.

In August, Chavez accused the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration of using its agents in Venezuela for espionage and said Venezuela was suspending cooperation with the agency. The Bush administration denied the espionage allegation.

Chavez, whose country is the world's fifth-largest oil exporter, also warned the world is facing an unprecedented energy crisis.

He told reporters later the crisis will keep growing, "not because we the producers want it but because we are running out of oil."

Chavez singled out the United States as the most wasteful country, saying he was shocked when a quarter of all the cars he counted Thursday morning on New York streets had one person in them.

"That's crazy, one person with a huge car ... that is using up gas and polluting the atmosphere," he said at a news conference. "The world cannot tolerate this model of development called the American way of life."

In a form of energy diplomacy, Chavez has extended a preferential oil trade deal called PetroCaribe to 13 Caribbean countries in what he says is part of a plan to challenge U.S. economic domination of the region.

Under the plan, Venezuela soon will sell up to 190,000 barrels of fuel a day to countries from Jamaica to St. Lucia, offering favorable financing while shipping fuel directly to reduce costs.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Find this article at:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/09/16/chavez.un.ap/index.html

It's not Bush, it's just a commie loon in a sh!thole country trying to rally the people

Sarge, I sure hope your right, and no I don't think Bush is planning on outing Chavez, but I know he's on the radar. I just want our country to stop funkin around with these piss ant dictators. Hell, look at Iraq, the whole terrorism problem is because we couldn't keep our hands out of the pot, don't we ever learn?

Chom, you don't actually believe that Bush plans to invade Venezuela...do you?

LOL!

No, I don't. . . but I'm also :40oz: so my mind isn't to clear, but I was talking about us sticking our freakin noses where it doesn't belong, yet again. You'd think after 9-11, then Iraq that we'd have learned our lesson.

I don't think there's any way to justify making war on Venezuela, I sure as hell would not support it. There would be no excuse for all the lives lost in such a war. I mean Chavez may be crazy or wacky but he's no Saddam (not even in the same Solar System in terms of opression, killing, and torture) and Venezuela is nothing at all like Iraq.

Besides, if we invade, Chavez will stop giving us oil...;-) LOL!

havent you guys learned anything about chomo yet, everything is to be blamed on Bush. No matter how big no matter how small, its all his fault. As far as drum beats go, its a gold medal winner at the special olympics.

Honestly I havent even seen any saber rattling towards chaves yet, so to even contimplate a US invasion is childish at best. I know chomo is an expert on everything, and has done every job under the sun but come on your really taking him seriously on this thread. I have to give him credit, he gave himself an out by saying hes drunk. Even with his out its still his MO, smear Bush at every corner.

This is such a non issue that it shouldnt even be discussed, Ven will right itself in time and in the mean time chavez can only be a slight thorn.

No, I don't. . . but I'm also :40oz: so my mind isn't to clear, but I was talking about us sticking our freakin noses where it doesn't belong, yet again. You'd think after 9-11, then Iraq that we'd have learned our lesson.

In other words, you know its some silly crackpot dictator making noise, but Bush is still 'sticking his freakin nose in it'? He's now to blame not only for what he does, but for what he doesn't do - oh and for anything some psychotic might imagine him doing?

We're clearly after their oil.

And their coffee.

:rolleyes:

It's not Bush, it's just a commie loon in a sh!thole country trying to rally the people

Wow! you ever been to Venezuela? I bet you haven't so don't go calling it a ****hole country! Trash Chavez all you want, heck everyone I know including myself hates him and actually wouldn't mind if the US did invade and took him out of office(I'm Venezuelan by the way). But don't go trash talking about a beautiful country like Venezuela. The people there aren't "American haters", just Chavez and his administration.

Wow! you ever been to Venezuela? I bet you haven't so don't go calling it a ****hole country! Trash Chavez all you want, heck everyone I know including myself hates him and actually wouldn't mind if the US did invade and took him out of office(I'm Venezuelan by the way). But don't go trash talking about a beautiful country like Venezuela. The people there aren't "American haters", just Chavez and his administration.

You might be surprised where I've been ;)

Why just last week I was on this nice little island off the coast of Venezuala :D

Archived