Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotating RB's will work to our benefit...

Cou-!@#$DALLAS-gh

We obviously need to establish the running game and run down the throats of the cowboys 3-4 defense to be successful...

How do we do this?

Heavy rotation between Ladell Betts and Clinton Portis...

Once Betts beats the cowboys D down a notch, send in a fresh Portis and he will light it up and vice versa they might have Julius Jones but we have 2 capable starters...

That will allow Brunell to get some good playaction plays off over the slot...

What do you guys think?

:thumbsup:

since Broughton has been made inactive, I am waiting to see the Redskins use Betts as the primary back on the goal line. I am hoping that his being in a contract year yields us a very good season in terms of productivity at both RB and as a kick returner.

Portis is going to have a breakout season. You can see that if the line stays healthy and Brunell gets a decent passing game going, Clinton is going to wear defenses down.

Portis is now a 223 pound guy who still runs a 4.4. That's a lethal combination.

We obviously need to establish the running game and run down the throats of the cowboys 3-4 defense to be successful...

How do we do this?

Once Betts beats the cowboys D down a notch, send in a fresh Portis and he will light it up and vice versa they might have Julius Jones but we have 2 capable starters...

What do you guys think?

You should seriously be the coach...I dont think they've ever tried that approach before. Be sure to include a heavy dose of those awesome WR screens while youre at it!

the more we use a power football running game the more the Cowboys will be forced to abandon the 3-4, taking away the ability of their line-backers to run containment on Brunell.

I hope our running game forces the Cowboy's to adjust and gives Brunell the chance to get outta the pocket.

How do we do this?

What do you guys think?

I think you guys are already having enough trouble with your QB controversy, dont start a RB one as well.

How do we do this?

What do you guys think?

We upgraded the Center position and we got Jansen back from injury. Our improved O line will be vital to the success of our Running game.

With that being said, if we do not force Dallas and opposing teams to respect our passing game then our opponents will stack the box like they did last year and suffocate our running game.

Coach Gibbs told his backs not to play tired. They substitute in and out for eachother almost at will, I understand. They've been talking about that all through the preseason. It seems to be pretty effective. Portis averaged 6 yds per against the bears, and only 4 per last year. We gained 160+ on the ground! and the Beaars D-line is a talented bunch.

So, ummm, I agree. The running back rotation is a great idea. It's already working!

Archived