Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Look At Both Sides Of What Gibbs Did!

dwills1

I'm just as tired of the quarterback threads as you are, but this needs to be addressed the correct way. What is the situation at hand? Gibbs has decided to start Brunell because he "feels it in his gut" that Mark should be out there. All of you say: Ramsey turns the ball over, so he shouldn't be the starter. Last year, Mark threw for 7 td's and 6 INTERCEPTIONS along with 2 fumbles (1 in which costs us the Ravens game). His pre-season performance last year was flawless. Since when has the pre-season ever shown the true ability of an NFL player when playing against people that probably did't even make NFL squads. Everyone says Brunell doesn't turn the ball over and he looked good in the pre-season. - My answer: he looked good in the pre-season last year, and he threw interceptions last year. What a class-less act to yank your young QB after basically lying to his face in the off-season proclaiming him as your starter. Yes I'm a die-hard skins fan, yes I'm all about team...but I'm also about integrity and professionalism. Washington Redskins football has been a circus the past 4-5 years and it seems to be just getting better. Can anyone on this board remember the last season we played with 1 qb? I DON"T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT HOW BRUNELL TAKES CARE OF THE BALL BECAUSE HE DOESN'T (look at last year). DON'T TELL ME THAT HE PLAYED BETTER IN THE PRE-SEASON BECAUSE HALF THE PLAYERS THAT HE PLAYED AGAINST DIDN"T MAKE NFL ROSTERS. As a Redskins fan I'm dissapointed in the lack of faith and consistency in the player that holds the key to our success. Is Ramsey a your Brett Favre? I don't know, but he sure as hell has a better game than Brunell. Other than his pass to Cooley, what did Brunell do in 3 quarters vs the bears? Ramsey has more yards in 3 series than Brunell had for the rest of the game. ....well I guess Portis runs better for Brunell right? HE can hand the ball of better? ??? BS!!! I am a die-hards skins fan, dissapointed by the decision our hall of fame coach made. I'm tired of living in the city famous for the football circus. On a lighter night...I hope we put the toiled seat down when we sh!t in DAllas stadium! ..and yes....takem to victory and give em' hell mark. :dallasuck :cheers:

Towards the middle right of your keyboard, there is a key with an arrow on it. It looks like this

enter_key.jpg

When you make a post that is just one long paragraph with no breaks, it looks like this to most people using the board.

I'm just as tired of the quarterback threads as you are, bla bla bla bal bla bla......yadda yadda yadda takem to victory and give em' hell mark. :dallasuck :cheers:

You will find that more people will read your posts if you throw in a paragraph break every 3 or 4 sentences. :D

Damn it NO I won't!.. I'm so sick of this crap.. People need to let it this sh!t go. Brunell is the starter, it doesn't matter, who cares. Those that are still pissed need to get over it.. Those that are still trying to convince those who are pissed need to get over it..

I am so tired of reading posts like DWILL1. They go on and on. You say you are a Redskins fan. But you have presumably heard Gibbs press conference explaining his rationale (whether he says gut feeling or not). You have presumably read all the good posts here analyzing the statistics of the two quarterbacks and all the reasons why Gibbs might be justified in his belief that Mark is the better choice.

I now consider your post whining, and a real distraction to the task at hand. Thank God you are not the coach of this team. I would take Joe Gibbs over you every time. Please stop whining and acting stupid. Let's see what Mark can do, with our defense as well. Maybe PR will be pressed into duty again this year, probably so. I hope he plays better and gives me some sense of confidence when he does, because I have no doubt he would get rattled at Dallas on MNF.

My answer: he looked good in the pre-season last year

He did not look good last preseason he just looked better than Ramsey who had a horrendous preseason.

I don't think brunell can throw the long ball any longer and the opponents will end up stacking the line again because of that flaw

this board is used to voice opinion. I will get over the benching of Ramsey when I fell like it. More likely if and when we win a game with your boy back there! Holla!

Ok so sit there and be miserable about something completely out of your control. You think Gibbs is going to log on here and look at your post and think to himself "Crap I must of screwed up"..

Get over it

I am so tired of reading posts like DWILL1. They go on and on. You say you are a Redskins fan. But you have presumably heard Gibbs press conference explaining his rationale (whether he says gut feeling or not). You have presumably read all the good posts here analyzing the statistics of the two quarterbacks and all the reasons why Gibbs might be justified in his belief that Mark is the better choice.

I now consider your post whining, and a real distraction to the task at hand. Thank God you are not the coach of this team. I would take Joe Gibbs over you every time. Please stop whining and acting stupid. Let's see what Mark can do, with our defense as well. Maybe PR will be pressed into duty again this year, probably so. I hope he plays better and gives me some sense of confidence when he does, because I have no doubt he would get rattled at Dallas on MNF.

Here Here

:cheers:

Who is he distracting, and from what task at hand? I know some Redskins peruse these boards, but find it hard to believe his specific comments will affect anyone's play.

And we'd all take Joe Gibbs over him any day. I'd hope you'd take him over me, and yourself, and every other member of this board. That has less to do with dwills1's tone and his love of caps lock and more to do with the decades of experience and multiple Super Bowl titles that Joe Gibbs and his staff bring to the team.

To be fair dwills1, I think the first sentence of your post is completely incongruous to the rest of it. The "correct way" would involve an impartial observation of the facts, more lower case letters, and probably some punctuation.

of course not. I really could care less what Gibbs decides to do on this board. I just stated why I want P.Ramsey as the QB. Didn't say I wasn't routing for Brunell, and didn't say I was against the Redskins. If you notice at the end of my post I am for the team. Who am I to question a hall of fame coach may you ask? I am someone who pays over $1,000 a year to see home games and in my view that gives me a right to voice opinion. Until we get it right, I'll be me..never satisfied. holla

Actually, in preseason last year, Brunell didn't look all that great, IMO. In-fact, he looked a lot like what came to be in the Regular season. The problem was, Ramsey didn't even beat our a bad looking Brunell.

This preseason, Brunell actually looked a lot better. While Ramsey only looked alright. Hopefully, the Brunell from this preseason is Brunell that we get.

hopefully so. like i said, i wasn't bashing the team, I am just voicing an opinion (in which this board was created to do that), and it seems like folks on here want to get rowdy. I'm wearing the same colors as you Monday night. Try and take the blockers off for a second. Just because coach Joe has is era back in the early 90's doesn't mean the league is the same. Like I said before, I won't be satisfied until potential is reached.

Good post. That is what is mind boggling for me. Boonel, fumbled and aimlessly threw a number of INT's to his credit in that disgusting, gut wrenching, embarrassing performance as our starting QB last season. It sickened me. And if BOONELL had a shred of decency he would have returned all that freakin money we paid for him last year, and took the minimum. He was that amateurish, and rotten.

What is even more mind boggling to me is "how courageous" Joe found his performance. When Boonell plays and they lose it is a "team". When Ramsey plays and they lose it is a "sole performance". Uhhh, all you Boonell fans, how about considering and accepting HIS turnover ratio? IT WAS HUGE!!!

And stop telling me on this board what I can and cannot post, if I have not personally insulted any members, which I never would. These are good points that are being brought up.

I will eat crow, and admit I am wrong if Mark Boonel plays well. It is just that I know he is going to suck badly...I know it. And Joe is gonna hang in there with him.

Towards the middle right of your keyboard, there is a key with an arrow on it. It looks like this

enter_key.jpg

When you make a post that is just one long paragraph with no breaks, it looks like this to most people using the board.

You will find that more people will read your posts if you throw in a paragraph break every 3 or 4 sentences. :D

:applause:

BTW, to me it looks like this:

brick.jpg

how can you put brunell down so quick???.. he was hurt last year, and playd most of a game a week ago when he didnt have any expectations of even playing. brunell is a proven starter.. i think its 8 times into the playoffs?

If he was hurt so badly last year that it affected his playing so much, he should have been given time to recover. It certainly wouldn't have affected our chances of winning. I'm not convinced that the injury accounts for all of the dropoff that we saw last year. Since Brunell has been playing for so long and looked so good in preseason, what we see on Monday against Dallas is probably the best we are going to get from Brunell. Except for the one pass to Cooley, he was not impressive against Chicago. I expect to see his best effort against Dallas. NO MORE EXCUSES.

And if BOONELL had a shred of decency he would have returned all that freakin money we paid for him last year, and took the minimum. He was that amateurish, and rotten..

Here is where I draw the line. I like and respect Brunell as a person. I don't blame him for taking the money Gibbs offered him. Originally when Gibbs was persuing him, he was reluctant to come here because we had Ramsey. Brunell wanted to be in a place where he would start. Gibbs threw him the money to coax him here, when someone is throwing you money, how can you blame a guy for taking it?

What is even more mind boggling to me is "how courageous" Joe found his performance.

And I certainly don't fault a guy for wanting to play injured. It is admirable. It's the coaches job to rest a guy and to do what is in the best interest of the team. I fault Gibbs for losing objectivity.

Archived