Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Fans form a Dictatorship??

Redskinswhoopass

Some of us find it silly when these self-proclaimed coaching/gm gurus state their opinions as facts. The way I see it, I don't have a 1/100th of the football knowledge Gibbs has. The only thing I have is the choice in who to put my faith in. I believe Gibbs knows what he's doing, and therefore choose to go along with whatever he's doing. It's not being a fan boy, its knowing my own limitations. When guys like harriet start claiming to know more than Gibbs, its laughable.

And he made mistakes last year that many of the self-proclaimed GM gurus pointed out as they were happening(putting aside the QB issue, even.)

Somehow those critics were right(even if some took it too far.)

All this tells me is that even us laymen can see things that professionals can't SOMETIMES. But if we were to follow the path of 'faith' this board would barely exist.

Can't tell me most people were enthused about the Campbell pick..I remember the threads. Of course, everyone later reconciles themselves to "gibbs knows best, I'll trust him" and MOST times that makes sense. But not always.

That's my point.

Renegade

Like it or not, all of the local reporters have said the way this was done was wrong, including Bram. So even if we assume it's the right choice, there are STILL questions about the way it was handled and whether Joe really is the guy who we believed he is when it comes to certain "blind spots."

Ghost, I don't think you're a low quality poster, but have I given any hint in the two years you've known me that I give a damn what George Michael thinks? :laugh:

Good question, but who else did Parcells have to work with? Drew Henson? Tony Romo sits to pee? He'll do what he feels will win football games, just like Gibbs. Parcells and Gibbs have won super bowls. What has Ramsey won? Drew Henson? To pretend to know better about who should be the starting QB given what they both have to work has been televised for the world to see, it doesn't make sense to say Gibbs should go back to Nascar and Parcells back to the booth. I may raise an eyebrow every once in a while, but I'll fully support Gibbs to the end.

I too will support Gibbs, but that doesn't mean he's immune to criticism. I think we all recognize that pretty much any head coach (or assistant coach, or probably towel boy) knows more about the NFL than we do. But part of the fun in being a fan is being able to play Monday-morning quarterback.

Some of the discussions around here have sure gotten vitriolic and irrational, but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. We can criticize Joe Gibbs. He's mortal.

Question anything and everything, anyone you want. But you all really need to stop sh!tting on each other on this board. It's embarrassing & it's a shame.

There's been a lot of that stuff going around recently, but I don't think the exchange between me and Renegade is a particularly good example. Respectful disagreement does not equate to defecation.

I too will support Gibbs, but that doesn't mean he's immune to criticism. I think we all recognize that pretty much any head coach (or assistant coach, or probably towel boy) knows more about the NFL than we do. But part of the fun in being a fan is being able to play Monday-morning quarterback.

Some of the discussions around here have sure gotten vitriolic and irrational, but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. We can criticize Joe Gibbs. He's mortal.

There's been a lot of that stuff going around recently, but I don't think the exchange between me and Renegade is a particularly good example. Respectful disagreement does not equate to defecation.

I'll be the first to admit that my tongue's been a little sharp the past few days. I want to apologize to everyone here, honestly. I'll raise an eyebrow or curse a storm during some games just like the rest of us here, and I'm bout as passionate as they come, no doubt about it. But I'll only go so far. That's not just because I respect Joe Gibbs so much, but because I'm 17 years old. Gibbs is in his 60's.

You know what I mean?

:helmet:

I think everyone has a right to voice their concerns either way.

It just shows how much each of us follows this team.

Gibbs has publicly said he will take the criticism, so if you don't like it-

then let 'er rip....but stick with the facts and lose the emotion.

I understand the sentiment for Ramsey....

but I bet Gibbs has been watching the past few months of progress

or lack thereof and just has more confidence in Brunell.

I too share that view right now...

hopefully PR will come in somewhere down the road and light it up

But if it's my butt and my legacy and my pledge...

then I too would play the guy I had the most faith in.

The rest of us aren't in practice every day.

Guys- there has to be something Joe has seen that worries him,

otherwise, he would NOT have made the call.

Remember - he knew the backlash that would result and yet he

still made the call.

I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I openly questioned his decisions once -

in 1981 when we started 0-5

After we finished 8-8, I decided I'd never do that again.

Keep the Faith!

HTTR.

I don't agree with Ghost by any stretch of the imagination. However, I don't remember him spewing insults at Gibbs (perhaps I missed it?). Therefore, while I don't like or agree with what Ghost has to say, I will not resort to calling him names. I'll save it for the other idiots that just like to insult my favorite Redskin of all time.

Hey, I've settled down a bit but I stand by my remarks about how this reflects on Gibbs character(not the change itself but how it all went down.) I went too far in saying he was a "liar" because I think he has a blind spot on this that leads him to not see his own double standards, honestly.

So if that's questioning him personally, I don't see how anyone looks at the situation now and doesn't realize that, clueless or not, the mediots are now right about this whole thing. And if they're even remotely right(even if they were motivated by idiocy and hate) that reflects on Joe Gibbs on more than a personnel level, but a personal one.

That's not to say that's what's in his heart, but that's how it's going to appear.

But I don't think he's scum, lower than dirt, should be fired or anything like that. I'm just disappointed and I'd have been no matter what the names were, that were involved.

I just didn't want a false perception of how "good" i've been to stand. I should stand by everything I've said, so long as I realize how I might have been too impulsive and others do as well. But I stand up and take the heat for whatever I said.

Can't tell me most people were enthused about the Campbell pick..I remember the threads. Of course, everyone later reconciles themselves to "gibbs knows best, I'll trust him" and MOST times that makes sense. But not always.

This is whats so funny. Its that so many people refuse to think for themselves and have just decided that JG is always right. What if Christopher Columbus would have thought the same way? would we now be the Madrid Redskins :laugh:

Hey, I've settled down a bit but I stand by my remarks about how this reflects on Gibbs character(not the change itself but how it all went down.) I went too far in saying he was a "liar" because I think he has a blind spot on this that leads him to not see his own double standards, honestly.

So if that's questioning him personally, I don't see how anyone looks at the situation now and doesn't realize that, clueless or not, the mediots are now right about this whole thing. And if they're even remotely right(even if they were motivated by idiocy and hate) that reflects on Joe Gibbs on more than a personnel level, but a personal one.

That's not to say that's what's in his heart, but that's how it's going to appear.

But I don't think he's scum, lower than dirt, should be fired or anything like that. I'm just disappointed and I'd have been no matter what the names were, that were involved.

I just didn't want a false perception of how "good" i've been to stand. I should stand by everything I've said, so long as I realize how I might have been too impulsive and others do as well. But I stand up and take the heat for whatever I said.

My God...he changed a starting QB of an NFL team and you are acting like he cheated on his wife. :doh:

Really overreacting.

My God...he changed a starting QB of an NFL team and you are acting like he cheated on his wife. :doh:

Really overreacting.

I'm sorry you don't see the lack of honor in THIS case, Kilmer. It's not the DAMN CHANGE, it's how.

Jeebus, how many times do people have to repeat themselves.

Sure, I backed Ramsey but THAT disagreement is different from the HOW of how it all happened out.

This decision isnt wrong, it was wrong to promise Ramsey the starting spot to begin with, hoping that the confidence boost would help him improve in the offseason. It was too big a gamble and it didnt pay off

Amen.

If you want to question any decision made by Joe Gibbs over the last several months, question this one.

Archived