Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Fans form a Dictatorship??

Redskinswhoopass

For all thoose who Say your aren't True fans of skins for Questioning Joe Gibbs descions?? Shut up..

I mean come on we as Fans and Ticket holders have paid are dues to Question Coachs descions Weather it be Gibbs or not...

And as they say in the NFL "What have you done for me lately" not what have you done in the past.

This stint with Redskins has nothing to do with the past of Gibbs, His legacy will always live for that, but Like everyone has been saying about Brunell Leave it in the past.. :dallasuck

For anyone on this board to stand up and say they know better then a Hall of Fame coach when it comes to football has the right to shut the hell up and nothing more.

No one is saying that, but this is place for Fans to discuss don't get so mad if someone dosen't beleive the same as you or the coach.... That's why we have this board we all get to share opinons...

Who did Bill Parcells start last year? Was that a good decision?

I mean, he's gonna be a HoF coach and all. We shouldn't question anything he does, right?

Good question, but who else did Parcells have to work with? Drew Henson? Tony Romo sits to pee? He'll do what he feels will win football games, just like Gibbs. Parcells and Gibbs have won super bowls. What has Ramsey won? Drew Henson? To pretend to know better about who should be the starting QB given what they both have to work has been televised for the world to see, it doesn't make sense to say Gibbs should go back to Nascar and Parcells back to the booth. I may raise an eyebrow every once in a while, but I'll fully support Gibbs to the end.

Renegade

Like it or not, all of the local reporters have said the way this was done was wrong, including Bram. So even if we assume it's the right choice, there are STILL questions about the way it was handled and whether Joe really is the guy who we believed he is when it comes to certain "blind spots."

Renegade

Like it or not, all of the local reporters have said the way this was done was wrong, including Bram. So even if we assume it's the right choice, there are STILL questions about the way it was handled and whether Joe really is the guy who we believed he is when it comes to certain "blind spots."

Oh, all the local reporters, well that changes everything! :rolleyes:

For all thoose who Say your aren't True fans of skins for Questioning Joe Gibbs descions?? Shut up..

I mean come on we as Fans and Ticket holders have paid are dues to Question Coachs descions Weather it be Gibbs or not...

And as they say in the NFL "What have you done for me lately" not what have you done in the past.

This stint with Redskins has nothing to do with the past of Gibbs, His legacy will always live for that, but Like everyone has been saying about Brunell Leave it in the past.. :dallasuck

I guess you missed all the disrespecting of Gibbs as a person and such yesterday?

Renegade

This decision isnt wrong, it was wrong to promise Ramsey the starting spot to begin with, hoping that the confidence boost would help him improve in the offseason. It was too big a gamble and it didnt pay off

Oh, all the local reporters, well that changes everything! :rolleyes:

Zeb

because the point is, while you can pull out the "gibbs knows best" card for FOOTBALL Decisions, you cannot question that people who are closer observers(like it or not, esp Bram) of the team than you or I question the wisdom of the handling and timing of the move.

If you guys get to pull out your 'authority' appeals than I get to do so when it comes to this.

And again, Bram said he agreed with the decision, just didn't like the way everything leading up to that moment was handled.

But I guess you know best, right?

Zeb

because the point is, while you can pull out the "gibbs knows best" card for FOOTBALL Decisions, you cannot question that people who are closer observers(like it or not, esp Bram) of the team than you or I question the wisdom of the handling and timing of the move.

If you guys get to pull out your 'authority' appeals than I get to do so when it comes to this.

And again, Bram said he agreed with the decision, just didn't like the way everything leading up to that moment was handled.

But I guess you know best, right?

How do you or they know this is completely unexpected? Is it so hard to imagine that Gibbs told Ramsey what he wants from him, and if he doesn't see the improvements, he'll go in another direction. He does actually communicate with his players out of the view of these great reporters. I find it hard to believe that this came out of nowhere.

Regardless, I believe he gave Ramsey all the opportunity in the world... much more than the three series you like to pretend is all he got. But keep hitting that panic button. I'm sure the guy who many here have idolized their whole lives, the guy who makes friends and admirers out of virtually all he comes in contact with, the guy who's led the Redskins for countless years with class and professionalism, one day decided he doesn't like Ramsey, he likes Brunell.

Renegade

No way Ghost.

That's just the local/national media bias.

The only level headed opinions about Redskins football come from the Gibbs homers on this board, or the members of the media who side with Gibbs.

DUH!

I'm with Zeb and Renegade. Ramsey is not a victim. Gibbs did not lie to Ramsey, the media, or the fans. Patrick was given a shot without the pressure of competition and he continuously vomitted the football into opponents hands in practice, preseason, and the regular season (both this season and last). Brunell may not be a great option, but at this point he is clearly the better option.

Renegade

Bram and the rest of the local media are retards and nay sayers, nobody should even listen to them.:dallasuck

For the love of all things holy, I mean... again?

Ghost, it's tough to fault Renegade7 for being a "lower quality poster" when he's simply responding, in kind, like a lot of the angry posters who have been irrationally and unconditionally bashing Gibbs and Brunell, and those who back them, WITHOUT engaging in rational discourse. Maybe we can all do better, but when emotions are high, one post -- perhaps two or three done with emotion -- doesn't make one guy a "lower quality poster." Especially when it seems like you're in part calling him so just because he disagrees with you.

Further, people like Bram are entitled to their opinion, but that's what it is. Opinion. It ain't fact. So all of you who think it is: quit acting like it's fact. It's not. It's opinion. Just like what I think. Just like what you think.

mookie, sarcasm is funny once, maybe twice, but it gets old after the fifth time since last night.

TheDane

Frankly, while there have been a few posters going well overboard (I actually still believe in Gibbs, if nothing else Campbell should be able to develop but that's down the line) and they do need 'correcting.' But the feeling I've gotten from a lot of those 'reacting' to the criticism is they are lumping it together.

Nothing in Renegade's intital post struck me as anything other than "you can't even CRITICIZE Gibbs or any decision he makes" not a, "some of you are going off the deep end." THAT is what I reacted to, and yes part of that comes from not agreeing with him.

This isn't about loyalty to Joe Gibbs, fans should be allowed to 2nd guess all they want...but the bigger picture is loyalty to the team.

Just as Gibbs supporters are digusted with support for Ramsey in this case, I'm a little shocked that not many people are willing to admit that the Redskins are more important than Joe Gibbs. If they think the team is headed down the wrong path with Brunell and with some of the other controversial moves than they have a perfect right. to do so.

Joe Gibbs was a great football coach...no denying...but the truth is...for whatever reason he has not had a smooth transition back into the game. Gibbs deserves some benefit of doubt and patience (I think he'd get more from most of us if he wasn't making the exact same mistake he made last year again with Brunell)...but at some point you have to question whether your loyalty is to the man or to the team.

I couldn't care who this team wins with at head coach....just that they do...along those lines of thought...I'm not personal about the head coach or his decisions.

Gibbs has put it on himself if he wins fine...if he doesn't, well thanks for coming and thanks for the past wins...but move on and leave things a little better than before you.

t

Some of us find it silly when these self-proclaimed coaching/gm gurus state their opinions as facts. The way I see it, I don't have a 1/100th of the football knowledge Gibbs has. The only thing I have is the choice in who to put my faith in. I believe Gibbs knows what he's doing, and therefore choose to go along with whatever he's doing. It's not being a fan boy, its knowing my own limitations. When guys like harriet start claiming to know more than Gibbs, its laughable.

Archived