Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attention Brunnell Haters.....

Cou-!@#$DALLAS-gh

I'm so glad there are people like you on this board who can teach me how to watch football.

Brunell and Ramsey were faced with entirely different situations in preseason. Brunell played against bench warmers and had very conservative play calling scheme. Ramsey on the other hand was asked to air it out against some very good starting Defenses. But someone as astute as yourself knew that, I'm sure. Perhaps in the excitement of the moment you simply forgot.

and how did Ramsey do against those good defenses?
As for the bears game, how does Brunell's performance clearly beat Ramsey's? Ramsey moved the ball effectively at a time when the bears were smothering our run game, and except for a penalty, got the ball into the end zone. The only thing Brunell showed us is that he knows how to hand the ball off. His biggest play was a pass interference call, which was really an interception. So if you want to judge based on bad throws, its one a piece for Ramsey and Brunell.
Ramsey turned the ball over twice and we didn't score a single point. He had some nice throws on 3rd and longs but what did it get us? The running game also was much better with Brunell in there. Probably more due to thier Defense wearing down but it looked like they were stacking against the run less than when Patrick was under center.
And for the record I am in no way a Brunell hater. I just ask someone of your intellectual stature to please be understanding when unenlightened individuals such as myself are just a bit skeptical after last season's experience.
Were all skeptical. I'm hoping he really is healthier this year and that will make a difference.

I'm so glad there are people like you on this board who can teach me how to watch football.

Brunell and Ramsey were faced with entirely different situations in preseason. Brunell played against bench warmers and had very conservative play calling scheme. Ramsey on the other hand was asked to air it out against some very good starting Defenses. But someone as astute as yourself knew that, I'm sure. Perhaps in the excitement of the moment you simply forgot.

As for the bears game, how does Brunell's performance clearly beat Ramsey's? Ramsey moved the ball effectively at a time when the bears were smothering our run game, and except for a penalty, got the ball into the end zone. The only thing Brunell showed us is that he knows how to hand the ball off. His biggest play was a pass interference call, which was really an interception. So if you want to judge based on bad throws, its one a piece for Ramsey and Brunell.

And for the record I am in no way a Brunell hater. I just ask someone of your intellectual stature to please be understanding when unenlightened individuals such as myself are just a bit skeptical after last season's experience.

Check it out dude,

We had SH!T last year around brunell...

This year we are drastically improved around the QB...

Gibbs isnt stupid... hes not going to start someone he thinks is shady... and lets face it i think he spend juuuuuust a little more time with Ramsey than you do...he like the rest of the world saw what he saw out of Ramsey and has had enough...

Its sad when Steve Spurrier didnt even want Ramsey (thanks Vinny Cerrato) He wanted Antwan Randle el....

I had hopes that with a whole off season being the focus of the offense Ramsey could get it together... I had ramseys back when everyone was dogging him... but now hes had his shot and he just cant play smart football... Brunell did look better than ramsey for the sole reason that he has zip on the ball... Ill take the zip with some smarts than zip with bad decision making...

Maybe you should pull your head out of your A$$ and pay attention next time

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Brunell did not play well at all, in fact he played bad. He did not make the correct reads. He had one good pass to cooley and cooley picked up some extra yards after the run. He threw to royal near the end zone and we only got a fg out of that possession when he had cooley and another wr wide open several yards deeper. I would have love to have seen brunell avoid the sack where ramsey got injured. I'll admit, Ramsey played a poorly in the very beginning, but then he settled down and looked better than brunell. And of course brunell "looked" better in pre season, he was playing against 2nd, 3rd and probably even 4th stringers, wow, that's impressive.

im still on the Ramsey bandwagon, however, Cou-!@#$DALLAS-gh has a big point. We dont have the kind of offense where we can score 30+ on any gien sunday. Jake Plummer throws picks, but he puts points up, and they win.

With a meager offense, picks cost you the game. I'll sacrifice the QB i root for, for no INT's and a win. However, if Brunell goes in, and gives us the noodle-armed, you could count the QB rating on one hand game, i want him out, then pat should be in

So you guys that are saying give Ramsey a chance. I understand that. Even though he has been crap in the 5 games so far this season (4 pre-season, 1 regular) Oh, I hate to forget how in 4 of those games, he threw an INT before "he got it going". I really don't want a QB that gives the ball to the other team, give them a chance to "get it going" before he can. Pathetic

and how did Ramsey do against those good defenses?

He improved every week and led us to victory against the Steelers.

He had some nice throws on 3rd and longs but what did it get us?

O lets see, big gains on third and long, what good are those.....hmm oh wait, I know! First downs! Something we had too few of last year.

The running game also was much better with Brunell in there. Probably more due to thier Defense wearing down but it looked like they were stacking against the run less than when Patrick was under center.

Thank you so much for proving my point for me. Ramsey had to go without much of a running game and he beat them with his ARM.

Were all skeptical. I'm hoping he really is healthier this year and that will make a difference.

He'll be better, yes, but I doubt he'll be good enough to ignite our offense. Ramsey is higher risk, but when he's good he can do so much more with the O than Brunell. If you noticed, our recievers became a non-factor in the game once Brunell took over. That really doesn't improve things much over last year.

Why keep Ramsey? How do we have two quarterbacks capable of winning when you will keep one in for seven or eight weeks with a severely injured hamstring? He refused to come out? Who is the coach? I guess Ramsey should have just said no I'm going back in, coach. This makes no sense. We had a chance to at least get good value for Ramsey for two years running. Regardless of what is being said, there is no way (if I am Ramsey) that you can make a case for me to play for the Skins again. Apparently, he is not wanted. Ask Javon Walker about playing for a team who is not willing to make a committment to you.

im still on the Ramsey bandwagon, however, Cou-!@#$DALLAS-gh has a big point. We dont have the kind of offense where we can score 30+ on any gien sunday. Jake Plummer throws picks, but he puts points up, and they win.

With a meager offense, picks cost you the game. I'll sacrifice the QB i root for, for no INT's and a win. However, if Brunell goes in, and gives us the noodle-armed, you could count the QB rating on one hand game, i want him out, then pat should be in

With Moss and Patton, Ramsey has a shot at putting up 30 points. With Brunell in the game changes entirely.

I say screw it guys, you know what why dont the Redskins go all out and just start Jason Campbell? Hes going to be the QB of the future right? Then he might as well play now get the experience and bench PR and MB! The skins invested a 1st round pick in that guy he better start soon! He might play good and he might not, but we will never know until proven so. The Redskins cant be worse than last year period..they upgraded on all sides of the ball!

Check it out dude,

We had SH!T last year around brunell...

This year we are drastically improved around the QB...

Gibbs isnt stupid... hes not going to start someone he thinks is shady... and lets face it i think he spend juuuuuust a little more time with Ramsey than you do...he like the rest of the world saw what he saw out of Ramsey and has had enough...

Its sad when Steve Spurrier didnt even want Ramsey (thanks Vinny Cerrato) He wanted Antwan Randle el....

I had hopes that with a whole off season being the focus of the offense Ramsey could get it together... I had ramseys back when everyone was dogging him... but now hes had his shot and he just cant play smart football... Brunell did look better than ramsey for the sole reason that he has zip on the ball... Ill take the zip with some smarts than zip with bad decision making...

Maybe you should pull your head out of your A$$ and pay attention next time

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Dude, maybe you should focus less on the attitude and more on your analysis. Brunell has his positives, but this offense and these recievers were built to compliment Ramsey, or even Campbell's arm strength. Brunell is a very different kind of quarterback and this concerns me regarding the offensive productivity that we need, expecially because of past history, even if he's healthy the age thing is still there.

There is more than one way to look at things, and if you are so threatened by this that you have to resort to profanity and name calling, this message board isn't for you. Read the rules of conduct.

:deal:

All I can say is we have to trust Joe Gibbs....I adore Joe Gibbs I would be a Joe Gibbs groupie if it were possible, he is the classiest guy in football, BUT I have to say I am just disappointed in how he went about this, maybe he should have started Ramsey Monday and if he stunk up the place, then put in Brunell in, and then Ramsey wouldn't feel so blindsided. Just my two cents, I know it's not worth much!

:dallasuck

Who ever you support Gibbs messed up cause now he has only 2 qb's to work cause Ramsey is pissed and he outa be. He could of waited for a loss, then i don't think anyone would have a problem with.

The main Problem is the TIMEING of this, PR got the shaft... It's like getting Fired on your day off..

So now it's MB or JC cause PR is leaveing folks..

AND how is this better for any team??

how can you say brunell is better then ramsey when he had 70 yards in 3 quarters? might as well put anyone on this board in his spot...just look at the stats...

ramsey 6 for 11, 105 yards 9.5 yard average and 1 pick

brunell 8 for 14, 70 yards 5.0 average and 1 pick that was overturned because of a penalty.

Most of Ramseys yards came from ONE pass that was lobbed high and soft when it should have been gunned. Please.

70 yards, NO TURNOVERS, 3 scorign drives... 14 attempts - blame Gibbs who called those attempts not brunell

Because this coaching staff understands this is a TRANSITION year. They are not going for the Super Bowl. Also, why would you want to lose a game (especially against Dallas) to yank somebody?

That may be the difference between you and me. I'm not willing to settle for a transition year because I don't think it has to be. Let's try to win this year. Give Ramsey his shot, and if he doesn't do it after several weeks, then go with Brunell. But even if this is a transition year, starting the 36 year old makes no sense at all. Play the guys who are in their 20s and who at least have a future in this league.

Most of Ramseys yards came from ONE pass that was lobbed high and soft when it should have been gunned. Please.

People always blast Ramsey for not putting enough touch on the ball! Then he hits a 60 yarder and you still find a problem with it! I don't mind criticism of Ramsey when it is due, but please stop with the talking out of both sides of your mouth.

:doh:

Archived