Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attention Brunnell Haters.....

Cou-!@#$DALLAS-gh

He improved every week and led us to victory against the Steelers.
It was 10-10 when Ramsey went out at half. He did improve from week to week but its not saying much when he was awful against Carolina and threw 2 picks against Cinci. He better improve from that.
O lets see, big gains on third and long, what good are those.....hmm oh wait, I know! First downs! Something we had too few of last year.
and with all of those first downs how many points did it get us?
Thank you so much for proving my point for me. Ramsey had to go without much of a running game and he beat them with his ARM.
Beat whom? we didn't score when Ramsey was in there.
He'll be better, yes, but I doubt he'll be good enough to ignite our offense. Ramsey is higher risk, but when he's good he can do so much more with the O than Brunell. If you noticed, our recievers became a non-factor in the game once Brunell took over. That really doesn't improve things much over last year.
I hope your wrong, we'll see. We won't be able to beat the Cowboys with the conservative game we played against the Bears.

Dude, maybe you should focus less on the attitude and more on your analysis. Brunell has his positives, but this offense and these recievers were built to compliment Ramsey, or even Campbell's arm strength. Brunell is a very different kind of quarterback and this concerns me regarding the offensive productivity that we need, expecially because of past history, even if he's healthy the age thing is still there.

There is more than one way to look at things, and if you are so threatened by this that you have to resort to profanity and name calling, this message board isn't for you. Read the rules of conduct.

:deal:

Thank you for writing what I was thinking. I am beginning to wonder if he's the same guy spamming my email, creative way of getting around the censors.

I don't have a problem with him starting Brunell, my problem is Gibbs went about it wrong way and could have handled it a little better. Whoever is the QB I will support.

What I would like to see is an even field of play, when/if Brunnell starts stinking up the joint, I'd like to see Ramsey back in, and not 9 games later.

Dude, maybe you should focus less on the attitude and more on your analysis. Brunell has his positives, but this offense and these recievers were built to compliment Ramsey, or even Campbell's arm strength. Brunell is a very different kind of quarterback and this concerns me regarding the offensive productivity that we need, expecially because of past history, even if he's healthy the age thing is still there.

There is more than one way to look at things, and if you are so threatened by this that you have to resort to profanity and name calling, this message board isn't for you. Read the rules of conduct.

:deal:

Gimme a Break...

I get fired up about the skins'

Brunell showed good arm strength in the preseason...

Gibbs knows more about the QB's than we do, if he wouldnt bench Ramsey unless he thought Brunell could step up...

If he thought he couldnt step up we'd be seeing Campbell starting MNF...

Ramsey = Turnover

Brunell might have only equalled 9 points but it wasnt 9 points for the other team from turnovers so far this season...

Everyone knows Ramsey didnt look impressive in training camp... and he hasnt looked impressive at all so far thus he isnt playing anymore...

P.S. I wasnt calling you names.... i was just reffering to your head that seemed to be stuck in your _____

Take Care,

Cou-!@#$Dallas-GH

That may be the difference between you and me. I'm not willing to settle for a transition year because I don't think it has to be. Let's try to win this year. Give Ramsey his shot, and if he doesn't do it after several weeks, then go with Brunell. But even if this is a transition year, starting the 36 year old makes no sense at all. Play the guys who are in their 20s and who at least have a future in this league.

I understand where you are coming from. But we haven't had a transition year in 5 years. Ever since we won the division, its been all about getting players and coaches to get us to the super bowl. JMO.

Also, as for the playing the 36 year old instead of the 20 year olds, JC can see how to play mistake free football than he would be put in. I know it sounds wierd but that just what it seems like. Remeber, "In Gibbs We Trust". He has plan, but we all know he won't share it.

what was ramsey's record last year as a starter and whats was brunells? Also...do you guys ever remember seing mark throw interceptions? funbling the ball away and letting ed reed run in for a score? kiss my a$$. Gibbs is full of sh!t. Brunell and Ramsey have the same faults. Seems as if someone is trying to prove a point in playing a $30 million bench warmer. If we lose Monday night, it will be hell in D.C.

how can you say brunell is better then ramsey when he had 70 yards in 3 quarters? might as well put anyone on this board in his spot...just look at the stats...

ramsey 6 for 11, 105 yards 9.5 yard average and 1 pick

brunell 8 for 14, 70 yards 5.0 average and 1 pick that was overturned because of a penalty.

even look at the rushing...brunell had 5 attempts for -2 yards. even the ever so not mobile ramsey had 1 yard on 1 attempt.

gibbs is making a huge mistake. brunell hasn't gotten any better. so far all he has shown me is that he can continue record setting pace of most games with fewer then 100 yards passing.

The one pick was overturned by a righteous penalty and if you look back the WR would have definitely been in the better position if he wasn't falling to the right because of the pull.

Brunell showed some improvement in the preseason and looked sharper than at any point last year.

Under Brunell, by the way, we had three drives resulting in scores - drives that didn't end up with Ramsey turning the ball over or almost turning it over. What was the only Chicago score? A turnover by Brown. If he had fumbled that first one and lost it, would we have won? Good chance it would have been 10-9.

Ramsey's consistency is that he tries too hard and telegraphs most everything he does... he waits too long to throw the ball and if you watch him play it is easy to see who he is going to throw to a large percentage of the time because he doesn't look off.

When the Bears started shifting around on and near the line, it looked almost like Patrick was panicky out there, particularly on a couple of plays.

Even with the line performing so much better, he hasn't seemed to gain any confidence. With no sacks against him, he still dances more in the pocket than Michael Jackson did in Thriller. Unfortunately, he lives up to his nickname of "pat" far too well.

Say what you will about Brunell - he was a lot calmer out there. You also might think about the fact that he was calling 14 pass plays in 3 quarters. Just over 4 a quarter. Ramsey had 11 called in 1 quarter (and that isn't counting the two or three plays he didn't get the pass off). If Gibbs was throwing the WR screens and such with Brunell to get the Bears to back off so we could run (which we did - 25 times not counting the two knees at the end of the game) how can you blame Brunell. WR screens are not usually check downs - they are designed plays - one step, two steps and boom. If you recorded it - go back and watch it again.

Frankly, if you want to blame someone for Brunell not getting the TD, ask Chris Cooley if he feels, after looking at the film, that he should have run a yard deeper before curling back? Bet he answers yes. What should Brunell have done? Run the daggone route for him? Come on... be real. Gonna blame Ramsey for not scoring cause the Bears CB got away with jamming Cooley more than 5 yards down field?

Realistically, I still think that it is amazing that we are focusing so much on a QB who has been a pro bowler vs. one that hasn't been, one that has taken his team to the playoffs vs. one that didn't get close and one that doesn't turn the ball over easily (behind a good line and not a patchwork line) vs. one that does (even behind a good line).

I am not going to change your mind, I am sure, but I will support the Skins. Wonder how many Ramsey fans (as opposed to Skins fans) will not turn the tube on Monday night.

We don't see what goes on behind the doors @ Redskin Park

Joe Gibbs is closer to the situation and sees things that us as fans will never week.

I hate the Cowboys, I hate em, I hate em, I hate em!!!!! :cuss: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Archived