Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Happens If Mark Brunell has a BAD Game?

dahurt002

Me personally, I don't agree with the coach on this one but he is the coach and I am not, But my only question is this- If Mark Brunell has a bad game in a loss to Dallas then what? Does he get to start the next game against Seattle. What do you do now-you clearly don't support Patrick and now EVERYBODY knows that. Does Gibbs make Patrick the starter again knowing if he makes one mistake he is pulled or does he tell Patrick "Marks interceptions are not as bad as your interceptions" so that he can start Mark? I don't know?

Thats what happens when you don't give someone a fair chance, when the replacement looks bad then what? Now all the pressure is on Mark to make Gibbs look like he knows what he is doing, because if he doesn't look good all you "Ramsey fans today, Brunell fans tommorrow" will be chanting RAM-SEY, RAM-SEY just like you did last season. I hope Gibbs is right! :dallasuck

Just put in Campbell already. Neither Ramsey nor Brunell are blowing things up and the D is still going to hold teams to 2 or fewer TD's. Whats the rookie going to do, not get the ball in the endzone? Oh yeah we haven't been able to do that for 2 years. So at worst he plays like Ramsey or Brunell, is that so bad?

yep, this is a lose-lose.

Even if ramsey comes off the bench this season and performs well(regaining his job), he will demand a trade/cut because he knows that Gibbs doesn't want him around. then we have an untested cambell as our QB.

To be honest, it was looking more and more like Ramsey was going to be gone anyways. Gibbs doesn't believe in him.

Jason

The same thing that happened last year, the homers here will tell us to get behind the old guy, but the result will be a cold shower of "boo!!!" greeting him when he takes the field at home. I went to several games last year and the fans wasted no time in letting Brunell feel the "love." The homers here may tell you that you support Gibbs no matter what but the fans at the game who have paid good money to see the team play, don't react as kindly when their QB plays like crap.

Archived