Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does everyone think we are going to lose to Dallas?

drkewl

Ramsey v. Brunell...............it's a matter of risk/reward management. Brunell.....no risk/no reward. Pat's gonna turn it over and guess what...so is Mark. Maybe not as much. But Ramsey's reward for getting us downfield and in the endzone is much higher. Another losing season.......Wheeeeeee! Thanks, Joe!

Dallas 27

Skins 6 (Ooh, no kicker.........can you say ZERO)

(regarding Dallas CB's) But they dont matchup well with McCardell who torched them ?

FYI, McCardell didn't torch the Dallas CB's. In fact, Dallas CB's played awesome. See below (courtesy of AdamJT13). However, there were a couple of times that SD caught Dallas with 3 WR sets while Dallas was in base D, leaving McCardell in the slot vs a LB. That is where McCardell made his money.

THROWN AT HENRY

8 yards to Parker

interception, intended for Caldwell

5 yards to McCardell

incompletion to McCardell

5 yards to Parker

11 yards to McCardell

incompletion to Peelle

incompletion to Parker

incompletion to Parker

17 yards to McCardell

incompletion to Caldwell

33 yards to Parker

TOTALS: 6-for-13, 79 yards, 1 interception

=================

THROWN AT NEWMAN

18 yards to Parker

incompletion to Parker

16 yards to McCardell

9 yards to Caldwell

incompletion to Caldwell

TOTALS: 3-for-7, 43 yards

===============

THROWN AT GLENN

incompletion to Parker

interception, intended for Parker

TOTALS: 0-for-2, 0 yards, 1 interception

===============

TOTALS FOR ALL THREE: 9-for-22, 122 yards, 2 interceptions, 0 touchdowns (21.4 passer rating)

Almost everyone on this board is pathetic...PATHETIC.

Every heard of off weeks? (See: Jets, Rams, Carolina...picked to win the SB by many) Or good weeks? (See: San Fran, New Orleans, Miami). I know everyone will pick these examples apart...I don't care. Come off it already...everyone has officially played ONE GAME.

The attitude of this board sucks. If the team held the same mentality, you all would kill them for it.

So the team is going through a situation right now...let them handle it. In the meantime, my support is behind them and I will be loud on Monday.

Everyone here is just trying to cover their ass so on Tuesday they can say "I knew they were going to lose anyway." Non-believers.

Antonio Gates not playing had as much to do with this than anything.

Okay so Tomlinson was averege or even above averege before Antonio Gates emereged? I admit it helped, but Antonio Gates not playing did not have an equal effect as our D being better.

That remains to be seen. Somehow I doubt this will be the case.

I don't think he'll be a turnside, but good offensive lineman hold every play, and just don't get caught, Jansen won't beable to grab anything.

Cowboys fan talking about old QB's ? Spare me. Is Bledsoe better ? One game means nothing. If anything he played very nuch like Brunell does. How did Vinny work out for you guys ?

right one game doesn't mean anything, but Bledsoe was better last year too.

But they dont matchup well with McCardell who torched them ?

Did you see the game? Most of his yards came on 2 plays. Both of them came from Brees ability to move out the pocket, not so much McCardell. Unless Brunell has a flashback to like 1998, he won't be making those plays.

Your best receiver is a TE. And a very off day is in store.

:dallasuck

Okay, the Cheifs best WR is a TE, same as the chargers, and falcons, so what exactly is your point.

Well, if the game is played at Fedex, I would be much much more confident. Right now, I just hope for a close game and some sucessful offensive drives. It is not the end of world if we lose to Dallas at Texas ( we are not going for 16-0) as long as we make progresses.

I'm confused.... Dallas certainly showed some grit in their win... and they did actually score (no doubt they did better than us there). HOWEVER, overall offensively, we had more yards and had better defense. It looked like Dallas' improved D can be run on.

I think so many years of futility have clouded some people's minds. I think it will be a very GOOD close game.

PS - i know we didn't score much on sunday.... but this offense is MILES ahead of last year. In addition, offense always takes a few weeks to catch up and play with the defenses of the league every year... so while the verdict is still out, I see definite improvement, receivers heading downfield much more, and some *gasp* creative plays on offense. Our receivers are playmakers and they looked Good Sunday.... Chicago consistantly was playing a deep cover 2 ( i was at the game) which prevented the ball from going deep... so instead we ran on them and did it successfully. The deep ball will come. If Dalllas decides to stack the line, watch out.

This team is going to raise a few eyebrows on monday. Just wait.

PPS - I know we started off the season with a victory the last few years and that didn't really mean anything long term. So what? would you rather us lost on Sunday? Bottom line, we won... every victory in the parity football league is critical.

PPPS - Philly's dominance in the NFC is in danger... their offense has problems. TO is their ONLY Wide receiver. EVery critical throw in the Falcon's game went to him. G Lewis was just the other guy opposite of him. I think the NFC East will actually have a battle for first place this year as well.

F dallas. They scored against San Diego because the officials kept converting third downs for them.

If we were playing at home, I would feel better about this game. But after losing what 9 of the last 10 versus Dallas, it is tough to think that we will go into Texas and beat them this time.

Hopefully we will play well enough to beat them here later in the year, but the chances are slim that we will win this week.

Monday night in Dallas and we don't even know who our starting qb is gonna be from week to week. That's not a good situation.

It was the playcalling. We were having great success running the ball. While Ramsey had 11 pass attempts in a little more than a qtr....brunell only had 14 in the last 3 qtrs. (actually Ramsey was sacked twice...so there were two more passing plays called for him) Gibbs saw a weakness in the Bears defense and exploited it with Portis and Betts...I don't think we are going to see 10 WR Screens on Monday...hopefully we wont

I sure hope Gibbs knows what he is doing. All my faith is with him as usual and yet the sour taste I had in my mouth last year has returned with MB starting again. I am not prepared to listen to Gibbs give MB props for having a great game when he did do anything in the passing game except throw an interception that an PI was called on. Bottom line is if the offense cannot throw the ball "in the air" :laugh: more than 20 yards ( and that's not sideline to sideline! ) we are in for a long season, starting next Monday.

:dallasuck

Philly did at least score an offensive TD. Washington was one of only 3 teams that couldn't manage to achieve this, the most basic goal of the sport.

Anyway..Cmon the fanbase doesn't suck...They are entitled to be skeptical (maybe even be downers) until the teams gets out of mediocrity. Noone here is happy about being pessimistic, recent history has driven us all to be this way, lately.

Archived