Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does everyone think we are going to lose to Dallas?

drkewl

I'm confused.... Dallas certainly showed some grit in their win... and they did actually score (no doubt they did better than us there). HOWEVER, overall offensively, we had more yards and had better defense. It looked like Dallas' improved D can be run on.

I think so many years of futility have clouded some people's minds. I think it will be a very GOOD close game.

PS - i know we didn't score much on sunday.... but this offense is MILES ahead of last year. In addition, offense always takes a few weeks to catch up and play with the defenses of the league every year... so while the verdict is still out, I see definite improvement, receivers heading downfield much more, and some *gasp* creative plays on offense. Our receivers are playmakers and they looked Good Sunday.... Chicago consistantly was playing a deep cover 2 ( i was at the game) which prevented the ball from going deep... so instead we ran on them and did it successfully. The deep ball will come. If Dalllas decides to stack the line, watch out.

This team is going to raise a few eyebrows on monday. Just wait.

PPS - I know we started off the season with a victory the last few years and that didn't really mean anything long term. So what? would you rather us lost on Sunday? Bottom line, we won... every victory in the parity football league is critical.

PPPS - Philly's dominance in the NFC is in danger... their offense has problems. TO is their ONLY Wide receiver. EVery critical throw in the Falcon's game went to him. G Lewis was just the other guy opposite of him. I think the NFC East will actually have a battle for first place this year as well.

I would love to be optimistic, but I just think we always find a way to lose to them.

I think we have a slightly better chance with Brunell than we did with Ramsey. Anyway, if we win, I'll be thrilled, but I don't see how anyone can realistically expect it given the past 7 or 8 years.

Please explain to me how Brunell and his 70 passing yards gives more of a chance to win? Honestly, I don't see it at all.

1. Our present record against them

2. Our present record in primetime

3. Unlike us, they do not have any huge glaring gaping holes like we apparently do at QB. Hopefully Brunnell will prove us all wrong and that last year's bad stretch was actually due to his injury. I hope it's this Monday.

If we win, Skins fans expectations will shoot through the roof, so I'm looking forward to the game none the less.

Series history notwithstanding, a number of factors point to a Dallas victory.

1) Dallas held LT, arguably the best runner in the NFL, to 72 yards. Portis is good but I think he's not quite as good as Tomlinson. The Chargers have a great offensive line, too.

2) Jansen will be a turnstile with no thumbs.

3) Brunell is awful. He showed that last year. Do aging QBs get better as they age?

4) The Dallas CBs match up very well against the Skins receivers.

5) Dallas has 4 very good receivers. Look for Crayton to burn the Skins again.

The only hope Washington has is for Bledsoe to have a very off day or for the Dallas special teams to remain awful. If Washington plays like they did against Chicago, they WILL get blown out.

Please explain to me how Brunell and his 70 passing yards gives more of a chance to win? Honestly, I don't see it at all.

It was the playcalling. We were having great success running the ball. While Ramsey had 11 pass attempts in a little more than a qtr....brunell only had 14 in the last 3 qtrs. (actually Ramsey was sacked twice...so there were two more passing plays called for him) Gibbs saw a weakness in the Bears defense and exploited it with Portis and Betts...I don't think we are going to see 10 WR Screens on Monday...hopefully we wont

Series history notwithstanding, a number of factors point to a Dallas victory.

1) Dallas held LT, arguably the best runner in the NFL, to 72 yards. Portis is good but I think he's not quite as good as Tomlinson. The Chargers have a great offensive line, too.

2) Jansen will be a turnstile with no thumbs.

3) Brunell is awful. He showed that last year. Do aging QBs get better as they age?

4) The Dallas CBs match up very well against the Skins receivers.

5) Dallas has 4 very good receivers. Look for Crayton to burn the Skins again.

The only hope Washington has is for Bledsoe to have a very off day or for the Dallas special teams to remain awful. If Washington plays like they did against Chicago, they WILL get blown out.

Nobody blew out Washington with that defense last year. And if we play like we did against Chicago against you...(i.e. opponent 160 total yards...Washington 170 yards rushing...you won't blow us out this year either...

Now I am not predicting a washington win at all, as history has proven that Dallas just has the Skins number, but realistically, a blowout is just not possible IMHO

I have to admit, I'd rather play against Ramsey than Brunell, although I haven't watched brunell much in the last couple of years, I've always enjoyed playing against Ramsey. He always makes the bad play, throws a pick, holds on to the ball too long. I think you have a better chance with Brunell.

Touche'. However, It sure looks like Bledsoe has more left (and better weapons) than Brunell.

Just throwing it out there. On PAPER (where have I heard that before) you guys have what it takes to beat us again. But I disagree Bledsoe has better weapons or a better offensive line for that matter. I consider those tangibles even at best.

I just watched the replay of PR's pass to moss.... another ugly pass... he FLOATED it AGAIN. Yea it was complete, but this guy is a moron, he litterally took all the offseason coaching to heart and doesn't put heat on ANY pass at ANY time.

Brunnell managed the game and did exactly what gibbs wanted him to do. More importantly, we were able to RUN out the clock when the whole world knew we were going to just run run run on the Bears that last drive.. and the vaunted Bears D couldn't stop us.

Archived