Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I sent an e-mail to WTEM 980

Griff

This morning I sent an e-mail to Steve Zaben telling him that Bram's Redskin Reports plain suck, I sent him the link to Extreme Skins and told him we should be getting Bram’s paycheck.

Maybe they will tell him about it on the air...

'

They made fun of him on this post

Good afternoon fellows,

I just got back from Carlisle so here is a little update.

Injury: Kato Serwanga went down in pass coverage drills and had to be help off the field, it appeared to be his knee. Bruce Smith was in street clothes and kind of going over his footwork, Santana Dotson was also in street clothes.

QB's: They all looked bad to me, not one of them throws the ball with any velocity, maybe they were all just having a bad day. The Ball Coach was working primarily with his Florida boys. At the end of practice they had a full scrimmage and Sage went first, that probably doesn't mean anything at all.

RB's: Davis looked very, very sharp, he hit the holes quick and looked fast. The other RB who looked stunning was Robert Gillespie another Florida guy. He hit the holes super fast and had great cutback vision, by the time you blinked he was past the LB's (second team LBs), but I was super impressed with him in drills as well as the scrimmage, everyone keep an eye out for him. Betts look ok, nothing eye catching.

WR's: Jacquez Green looked like Randy Moss, (well maybe not Moss) but he looked super, he is super fast and was catching everything thrown to him. Beside Green, Derrius Thompson looked super, he is a big target and caught just about everything that hit his hands, I look for him to start this year. Rod Gardner looked solid, he dropped a few and caught a few, but he was covered by Smoot. Cliff Russell looked lost today, and he sure wasn't turning on the afterburners. I love Skaggs but he sure dropped his share of balls this morning. Surprisingly they were not to many deep balls thrown today.

O-Line: It was hard to tell, allot of changing positions at guard. Samuels & Jansen look outstanding as always.

D-Line: Big Daddy looked good in drills, and in the scrimmage Renaldo Wynn looked awesome, God help our QB's if he was allowed to hit them, he was in the backfield allot, I had visions of Dexter Manley. Rookie DE Greg Scott from Hampton looked pretty damn good as well, he could be a surprise.

LB's: LaVar is a damn beast, he is all over the field, and making plays he looked like this Defense was made for him. Half the practice he worked with the LB's & the other half he worked with the D-Line. During the scrimmage he lined up at DE and was awesome, he was yelling and directing guys all over the field. Trotter looked solid, he is very fast sideline to sideline. Armstead also looked solid but they were both completely overshadowed by LaVar. LaVar is just sick.

Defensive backs looked super, Smoot actually looked better than Bailey although Champ had a pick. Smoot & LaVar were talking all kind of smack during the scrimmage, you could hear them clear in the stands, feeding off each other, it was great. D. Green looked as fast as ever and made some great plays as the 3rd DB. Shade picked up a fumble and took it back the other way for what would have been 6. Rashad Bauman looked very lost, he was very, very short and didn't seem to play big enough to make up for it although it was the first day.

Special Teams: Punt Returns were handled by Champ, Smoot, D. Green & Jimmy Watkins a Rookie RB form Appalachian State, he dropped 3 punts. Smoot actually looked the best out of all of them, super quick and great moves looked like deion in his prime.

All and all I had a great time and I am quite excited about what I saw. Dan Snyder & Joe Mendes stood together the whole practice and watched so I guess there was nothing going on with the Ramsey situation.

--------------------

Originally posted by luckydevi

They tore Griff apart. They said thats the problem with fans and called Griff a geek. They also said to leave it to the professional.

Jack@sses.

The "professionals" can't scout their way out of their own @ss. Their "analysis" consists of agent and team leaks and press conference quotes, combined with chunks of undigested media chatter pulled from their own stools.

Griff gave us a first-hand view that dared to provide an original, insightful scouting report. If that's geek, give me the geek.

Originally posted by Griff

This morning I sent an e-mail to Steve Zaben telling him that Bram's Redskin Reports plain suck, I sent him the link to Extreme Skins and told him we should be getting Bram’s paycheck.

Maybe they will tell him about it on the air...

I heard the Steve Czaben respond to the e-mail.

He basically tore Griff a new a$$ hole. He called him a loser and a geek.

Suggested he should leave the scouting or camp reporting to the professionals. They thought Griff's Randy Moss comparison was hilarious. They actually busted out in laughter.

The laughter escalated when Czaben mentioned some spare named Gillespie as looking stunning.

They pretty much laid the wood to your entire review.

In summary take of the Homer hat and Rose color glasses.

Yeah, they came down on Griff kinda hard.

We still appreciate the report, man. Don't give those guys a second thought. Ripping the e-mailer apart is good radio, I guess.

I just don't get the hypocrisy - they call Griff a loser for posting a camp report to a message board, but this is how these guys make a living - talking about the Redskins. They're ripping the guys in their audience. Face it, sports talk radio would not exist in this town w/o the Redskins. Outside of access to inside sources (if they even have it), these guys have no special knowledge of the game. Griff gives us another look at camp performances - which was heavily covered by the media - yet he is labeled a geek for doing so.

Why is the camp so heavily covered? Because a lot of people are interested. Why does Griff post a review on a message board? Because a lot of people are interested.

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me. I think they may have been defending Bram the beat guy, but they came off as quite arrogant (and stupid) in doing so.

I gotta admit, though, I kind of laughed while they were talking because I knew exactly what they were talking about.

I wish I could get 980 from my humble abode, but unfortunately, the AM signal is far too weak, and my computer is far too slow to get the streaming audio. I've always wanted to move closer to DC, like Farifax or Arlington. I need to do this, and soon.

Anybody that lives in the Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania area, do you know of any decent sports talk stations in the area?

Originally posted by SonnyJ

I gotta admit, though, I kind of laughed while they were talking because I knew exactly what they were talking about.

I didn't want to be the first to admit it, but it was funny especially if you already knew about Griff sending in the E-mail. I almost rear-ended another car when they exploded in laughter after Czaben read the comparison of Jacquez Green to Randy Moss.

Andy Polin is usually the reserved guy, but he exploded too. Then the Gillepsie blurb was a classic.

hey Qcard, :finger:

why don't you go hang at Cow$hit site and get off of griff's back.

I enjoyed reading his account of camp and screw the media and anyone else who doesn't like it

I always wonder about dweebs like you who velcro themselves to a rival team's website:doh:

Originally posted by RedskinFan4Life

hey Qcard, :finger:

why don't you go hang at Cow$hit site and get off of griff's back.

I enjoyed reading his account of camp and screw the media and anyone else who doesn't like it

I always wonder about dweebs like you who velcro themselves to a rival team's website:doh:

hey man I love it here

p.s.:finger: you too buddy

:laugh: you guys crack me up :laugh:

"The Finger Wars"

Capt. Thumb, have your troops in formation at O' Dark thirty.

Yes Col. F88k Finger!

Meanwhile those guys that ripped Griff will still do a "lurk by"

start stealing our one liners, to save their shorts, put beer on the table and pay for their sex tabs.

"Leave it to the professionals"?? A jumped-up intern who's never set foot on a football field unless he was hauling the gatorade bucket. A hack who thinks "radio persona" means "act like an a$$hole at every opportunity". And a toady sidekick who tries (and fails) to be witty like his boss Kornheiser. Some professionals. These guys are at the a$$ end of sports media.

When I want professional opinions I listen to George Michael, Sonny Jurgensen, Tom Boswell, Rick Walker, etc. I listen to "The Sports Reporters" for news and guests. I can find more well thought-out opinions in a whole lot of other places, including Extremeskins. Of course Griff wasn't telling people that Jacquez Green was as good as Moss, it was a metaphor for saying he looked outstanding in practice. Anyone would realize that, except for the pinheads at 980.

Bram, Al and Steve are hardly professionals. Bram is there and that's meaningful. We've already seen reports from people that have varied from one another. Hell, today in the Times it said Matthews finally looked very good hitting on some sweet passes, but, that view hasn't been offered elsewhere. Understanding football is different though, than seeing something in front of you.

Something can look a way but mean something different if you understand the game and I would suspect Griff and any number of fans for any number of teams understand the game better than Bram or Al or Steve. At one point a few years ago I turned down a weekly radio spot to be broadcast on WTEM because it simply wasn't me. But, I can assure you, the simple presense of my voice on the air would NOT have made me a "professional" that needs to be listened to and believed. The content of my message conveys my qualifications. And that is the way of all professionals. The one's who don't know enough to understand that and have to bring out the, "We're the pros baby," are usually the one's who have spent all day telemarketing trying to sell ad space to their wretched radio show and they need the release.

I wouldn't sweat their response, Griff.

Thanks for the support guys. I am going to send another e-mail this morning. I want to ask Steve if his wife is that ugly or maybe he just has Jimmy Kimble syndrome (two manly to take his wife to a sporting event). I really don't even need to go here because it is personal, but I wanted his response to a question. If Steve’s wife had a potentially terminal illness and she asked if she could go with him to training camp what we would he say?

I also want to know how much football he has ever played in his life, I am quite curious, I played football from age 4 into and through collage.

The other great news I want to tell him is a friend of mine who I lift with, plays DE for the Carolina Panthers, he had to report to camp last night and called to see how my wife was. It so happens he is roomed up with Dan Morgan, I told the both of them about Steve’s comments. Now here is where it gets good, Dan Morgan is friends with Robert Gillespie, so Dan called Robert and left a message on his cell phone to give them a call. Dan wanted to inform Robert that maybe he should just turn in his pads tomorrow because the NFL professional Steve Czaben proclaimed "His sorry-*** will be cut by the first game". Dan also said if Steve had the balls to speak to me on the phone, to tell him that "a sure NFL professional would be making the trip to Carolina on August 3rd" and they would be glad to do Mr. Czaben's radio show so he could enlighten them with his NFL professional opinion.

As far the a geek goes, he seems to have a horrible misconception of what someone who belongs to a Redskin Website looks like so I will formally introduce myself to Mr. Czaben so he can "tee me up and hit my down the fairway". He reminds me of one of those little @ssH@les who gives you the finger in there car. Then when you get to a traffic light and get out of your car he looses his bladder control, I just became Steve’s #1 fan and can't wait to meet him face to face so he can in person face to face so he can "Tee my geek *** up".

Archived