Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Parking at FedEx

HOF44

I tried metro for the game against Pit and decided it wasn't for me so now I am buying parking passes for jacked up rates off ebay and from ticket brokers.

I have been going to the games and parking at the stadium for the last 2 years. At every game there are ton of orange and purple parking spaces that are unused. I understand the redskins probably had to follow a county formula for how many parking spaces to alot for the suites and the club section. With the continued evidence that they have over allocated parking to these areas is there a way they could approach the county to get revisions in spaces required? Thus allowing more non premium seat parking, which is sorely needed.

HOF44

Bob

There's more people with green parking passes now, starting this game. I got a call from a guy yesterday afternoon who I bought season tix from. He says the Redskins contacted him and invited him to turn in his red passes for green passes. He would then be getting green passes each year starting now. The deadline for turning in his red passes is tomorrow. Unfortunately for him, I don't have his red passes anymore.

I assume these extra green passes is because the Redskins have another new green lot in the upper left hand corner of the parking lot map at redskins.com. Either that, or they've reshaped the purple and/or orange lots to make room for more green. Or both.

There's more people with green parking passes now, starting this game. I got a call from a guy yesterday afternoon who I bought season tix from. He says the Redskins contacted him and invited him to turn in his red passes for green passes. He would then be getting green passes each year starting now. The deadline for turning in his red passes is tomorrow. Unfortunately for him, I don't have his red passes anymore.

I assume these extra green passes is because the Redskins have another new green lot in the upper left hand corner of the parking lot map at redskins.com. Either that, or they've reshaped the purple and/or orange lots to make room for more green. Or both.

We got an email yesterday regarding getting a pass. We got a Red pass. THat was all that they said was availabe. :(

Cooleyisgod,

I drove to most Skins games without a permit last year, and parked in the cash lot. Had good luck getting off the Beltway at exit 15, and making my way to the Apollo lot. Check out http://www.redskins.com/fedexfield/parking.jsp for a map of the cash lots.

For anyone else,

I got the same e-mail from the Skins about parking being available, but couldn't call 'till this morning. They only had blue permits left, for the outer Jericho lots. I took them, as they said having a blue permit would be the only way to be eligible for better colors in later years. Anyone have experience with how many seasons you need to have a blue / red permit before they upgrade you to green or orange? Thanks.

BTW, to take advantage of the parking offer, all I had to do was call the main ticket office #, tell them I wanted parking, and give my account #. Anyone else with seats but no parking spot should definitely call today.

I called and they told me I was not eligible to get parking????? Anyone else hear this?

I called and they told me I was not eligible to get parking????? Anyone else hear this?

If its anything like upgrading of seats its kind of the luck of the draw on who you get to talk to.

I was told they have a waiting list for green parking and you have to send them a letter requesting to be put on that list. That is what I did.

HOF44

Bob

If its anything like upgrading of seats its kind of the luck of the draw on who you get to talk to.

I was told they have a waiting list for green parking and you have to send them a letter requesting to be put on that list. That is what I did.

HOF44

Bob

I have talked with them in the past, and had done exactly that. In previous conversations with them, they told me I was on the list. Now it appears that I am not, so I guess my name vanished?? :mad:

Cooleyisgod,

I drove to most Skins games without a permit last year, and parked in the cash lot. Had good luck getting off the Beltway at exit 15, and making my way to the Apollo lot. Check out http://www.redskins.com/fedexfield/parking.jsp for a map of the cash lots.

For anyone else,

I got the same e-mail from the Skins about parking being available, but couldn't call 'till this morning. They only had blue permits left, for the outer Jericho lots. I took them, as they said having a blue permit would be the only way to be eligible for better colors in later years. Anyone have experience with how many seasons you need to have a blue / red permit before they upgrade you to green or orange? Thanks.

BTW, to take advantage of the parking offer, all I had to do was call the main ticket office #, tell them I wanted parking, and give my account #. Anyone else with seats but no parking spot should definitely call today.

We've been in the Blue lots for a couple of years and let me tell you, the Blue-lots kick ass! Afer our very first tailgate, we contacted the Skins ticket office and told them not to "upgrade". We park in lot #8....the parking spots are big, there's plenty of room in the aisles and the tailgating crowd is great! You get out much more quickly, than you do in the adjacent lots...they stop the traffic, on Arena Drive, to let the fans who park in the Blue lots, out....works out good for us.....I live in Glen Burnie, Md, and it only takes me ~45 minutes to get home, no matter how crowded the stadium is...

Cooleyisgod,

For anyone else,

Yeah,

they have blue passes left.....I got one, I think It's got to beat the hour plus wait to get on the shuttle back to the cash lots (and the same price). Plus, I can be in my car listening to WJFK why we're waiting to get out of the lot.

Yeah,

they have blue passes left.....I got one, I think It's got to beat the hour plus wait to get on the shuttle back to the cash lots (and the same price). Plus, I can be in my car listening to WJFK why we're waiting to get out of the lot.

Damn another person that got one, this is frustrating to say the least!!!

Damn another person that got one, this is frustrating to say the least!!!

Why not call back, and hope you get a different rep. Don't know if you asked for a green permit specifically, vs. blue. In any event, I'd tell them that you know people are getting parking permits for the blue lot today, and want to know why you're not eligible. If it helps your case any, feel free to tell them that even the comparatively newly minted season ticket holders in the nosebleed sections (this is my second season, with tix in the 400's) are getting parking.

Good luck!

I just talked to the ticket office and they asked me if I had received an e-mail to call. I told them a friend had informed me passes were available. He asked if I had signed up for parking. I told him I had sent in a letter a year ago. He said they were going of that list in the order the letters were received.

Do I believe him?? After the upgrade inconsistencies, who knows. I just know they wouldn't let me have one.

HOF44

Bob

Why not call back, and hope you get a different rep. Don't know if you asked for a green permit specifically, vs. blue. In any event, I'd tell them that you know people are getting parking permits for the blue lot today, and want to know why you're not eligible. If it helps your case any, feel free to tell them that even the comparatively newly minted season ticket holders in the nosebleed sections (this is my second season, with tix in the 400's) are getting parking.

Good luck!

Were you on the waiting list though? They are telling me I am not, although I have been told previously that I was.

Good luck!

How many tickets do you have? One year I called they said you had to have at least 3 tickets to get parking.

HOF44

Bob

I just talked to the ticket office and they asked me if I had received an e-mail to call. I told them a friend had informed me passes were available. He asked if I had signed up for parking. I told him I had sent in a letter a year ago. He said they were going of that list in the order the letters were received.

Do I believe him?? After the upgrade inconsistencies, who knows. I just know they wouldn't let me have one.

HOF44

Bob

Ok, so its not just me. Still upset that I am not on the waiting list all of a sudden, when I should have been on there a few years...

I just called a direct number to the guy who hooked me up with an awesome seat upgrade this year. If I can get in touch with him, I don't know if he can do anything for me or not, but at least maybe I can get the scoop about whats really going on with parking. I left him a message.

HOF44

Bob

How many tickets do you have? One year I called they said you had to have at least 3 tickets to get parking.

HOF44

Bob

Only have 2 400 level seats. I did send them a written request to be put onto the parking waitlist, though. Sent it in before the start of the 2004 season, when I sent in my deposit for season tix for 2004. I then called to confirm before tickets went out this year that I was still on that list. I've found persistence (and politeness) tend to help with this organization.

Only have 2 400 level seats. I did send them a written request to be put onto the parking waitlist, though. Sent it in before the start of the 2004 season, when I sent in my deposit for season tix for 2004. I then called to confirm before tickets went out this year that I was still on that list. I've found persistence (and politeness) tend to help with this organization.

I always ask as well, have been told yes you are on there. Now all of a sudden, I am not.

We've been in the Blue lots for a couple of years and let me tell you, the Blue-lots kick ass! Afer our very first tailgate, we contacted the Skins ticket office and told them not to "upgrade". We park in lot #8....the parking spots are big, there's plenty of room in the aisles and the tailgating crowd is great! You get out much more quickly, than you do in the adjacent lots...they stop the traffic, on Arena Drive, to let the fans who park in the Blue lots, out....works out good for us.....I live in Glen Burnie, Md, and it only takes me ~45 minutes to get home, no matter how crowded the stadium is...

I've got to agree. I park in the Green but last year carted cooler and chairs over to Blue to a tailgate. It was much much better than cramming an SUV into a sub-compact slot and then hanging out on asphalt. If you have blue passes, keep them.

I strongly suspect that putting your name on the list for green parking is a huge waste of time. It's like putting your name on the list for lower bowl upgrade. It will never happen while Snyder is alive.

I think what you have to do is buy blue parking, or at least get on the list for it. Then upgrade to red. Then upgrade to green. Then, maybe, your kids will have green parking and they'll have something fond to remember you by.

Archived