MIN 6-10 :logo: 9-7 +3

:helmet: 2003 2004

PIT 6-10 :logo: 15-1 +9

SD 4-12 :logo: 12-4 +8

ATL 5-11 :logo: 11-5 +7

NYJ 6-10 :logo: 10-6 +4

JAX 5-11 :logo: 9-7 +4

BUF 6-10 :logo: 9-7 +3

This is in just the last two seasons. 9-7 will make the playoffs in the NFC this year, IMO. I know some of these teams had major injuries that caused the previous years bad record, but we lose Jansen and having MB at QB(last year) was like losing a real starter. I think the upgrades(total ie players, coaching etc) this year will get us to 9-7/10-6. We don't even have to score that much more, just need to not give away points and field position on offense.

Does anyone think those teams were that much better that the Skins this year?

:cheers:

Just because its possible for an NFL team to turn things around in one year doesn't mean you'll do it.

This is the same as what I've heard from some posters about your lack of a true number one reciever.

Realist: "You guys don't even have a number one wideout. :doh:"

Fan: "Well you know who else doesn't...the patriots."

Sorry, its just that, just because things happen/work out for other franchises on an infrequent basis doesn't mean they will happen for you. :cheers:

Just because its possible for an NFL team to turn things around in one year doesn't mean you'll do it.

This is the same as what I've heard from some posters about your lack of a true number one reciever.

Fan: "Well you know who else doesn't...the patriots."Sorry, its just that, just because things happen/work out for other franchises on an infrequent basis doesn't mean they will happen for you. :cheers:

The thread title stated "can make" not will make.

Also, who was the NYJ #1 wideout last year? I think the same can be asked of the Chargers and Falcons wideouts. You brought up wideouts, not I.

Last year the Jets had Santana as their #1. Last time I remember they were a missed field goal away from going to the AFC Championship.

Realist: Besides T.O. what NFC East team has a legit #1 reciever. (and in the iggles case the rest of the wr depth chart is pretty brutal)

:2cents:

:helmet: 2002 2003

CIN 2-14 :logo: 8-8 +6

DAL 5-11 :logo: 10-6 +5

CAR 7-9 :logo: 11-5 +4

MIN 6-10 :logo: 9-7 +3

:helmet: 2003 2004

PIT 6-10 :logo: 15-1 +9

SD 4-12 :logo: 12-4 +8

ATL 5-11 :logo: 11-5 +7

NYJ 6-10 :logo: 10-6 +4

JAX 5-11 :logo: 9-7 +4

BUF 6-10 :logo: 9-7 +3

Also, lets look at why these teams improved.

Cincy 2003-2004: Marvin Lewis + an outstanding performance by Jon Kitna and Rudi Johnson's emergence from basically nowhere.

Dallas 2003-2004: This one was all Parcells. He took the scrubs of the Campo era to a 10-6 record. However, this was only established for one year, with a slip last year.

Carolina 2003-2004: Jake Delhomme.

Minnesota 2003-2004: I don't consider a three game improvement to be that out of the ordinary for a team that has a decent offseason.

Pittsburgh 2004-2005: The addition of Duce Staley to Jerome Bettis, plus outstanding coaching and defensive play.

San Diego 2004-2005: Drew Brees has an incredible season, immergence of Antonio Gates, minimal injuries. Good ole' Marty ball.

Atlanta 2004-2005: Using this as a reason you can make the playoffs is just foolish. In case you forgot, Michael Vick went down in the 2003 preseason against the Ravens, and missed all but the last five games. So yeah, they went 5-11 in 2003 for good reason.

NYJ, Jax, and Buffalo just improved naturally. They, you know, drafted well, and picked up people in free agency instead of losing them. Buffalo also so the emergence of a healthy Willis McGahee.

None of these cases really sounds like you. It's more than just the numbers.

well the truth is those type of teams don't need a major overhaul. Just another year in the system with pretty much the same players and coaching staff and a few improvements at the skilled positions will usually do the trick. Thats pretty much the case of all of those teams listed, hopefully we can follow the trend.

The thread title stated "can make" not will make.

Also, who was the NYJ #1 wideout last year? I think the same can be asked of the Chargers and Falcons wideouts. You brought up wideouts, not I.

The Jets relied heavily on the running of Curtis Martin and Lamont Jordan.

The Chargers had that guy named Gates, who was bigger for them than most number one wideouts.

The Falcons have an incredibly atheletic Quarterback that doesn't need talent at Wideout as much as he needs blockers. Also, Warrick Dunn/TJ Duckett.

:rolleyes:

7 out of 10 losses lat year decided by 7 point or less. Proves that our team was better than the record.

Do you remember Vermeils record the first year he came back in 1997? 5-11.

I feel good that the rest of the league is so ignorant not to respect this defense or Clinton Portis. I just can't wait for all those sports reporters to say that they always new Ramsey could do it. :2cents:

I'll give you 10 better reasons:

1. Jansen's a big upgrade at RT over Ray Brown

2. Rabach's a big uprgrade at C over Raymer

3. Samuel's is healthy for the 1st time in 3 years. Should be much improved.

4. Under Buges tutelage Dockery's finally turned the corner on his way to reaching his dominating potential. His mental game should be dramatically improved.

5. Patten is a HUGE upgrade over 50-50.

6. Moss is an upgrade over the toeless coles.

7. Broughton should provide the goal line punch we sorely missed last year.

8. Arrington, Bowen and Daniels return will provide our D with an immediate and substantial infusion of Big Play capability.

9. ST coverage and return teams appear to be much more consistent.

10. Gibbs will open up the gas of this high octane powered offense. Last year Gibbs had to catch up with an NFL he left 12 years earlier, he had to evaluate our personnel, and most importantly he had to rid the team of the diseased "give up" attitutude they had acquired. He played it ultra conservative given the precarious mentality of the team. And he was rewarded with a consummate effort in which no players gave up. They fought hard til the bitter end of every contest.

Now, that the team has gotten over it's biggest hurdle you'll see the biggest improvement of any team in the NFL this season.

The Chargers had that guy named Gates, who was bigger for them than most number one wideouts.

The Falcons have an incredibly atheletic Quarterback that doesn't need talent at Wideout as much as he needs blockers. Also, Warrick Dunn/TJ Duckett.

Re:NYJ. Skins will rely on CP. If he fails, the Skins fail.

Re:SD. You said wideouts. Do you really think the skins don't have any offensive threats?

Re:ATL. You said wideouts. CP > Duckett+Dunn

8-8 is a shot at the playoffs in the NFC. You might be able to pull that off if you're lucky.

And why exactly do you think we would have to be lucky? Are you so certain that we are just so bad that luck would be the only explanation? I look at how close we played most games last year, then look at this years schedule and I don't see a real problem getting to at least 8-8 with only minimal improvement on offense while simply holding serve on defense. I assume you think I am way off though so please enlighten me as why I am so wrong.

One thing that has been missed is that PREVIOUSLY we havent had stability in the coaching staff. That has at least stabilizedor is in the process of. When we fully accomplish the stability needed in the coaching staff, all the other pieces will naturally fall into place. People forget that we have had a revolving door at Redskin Park for the coaches, but we finally get Gibbs back, and he is staying at least another 2 or 3 years, with our future head coach being groomed while creating a monster defense for us, stability is finally manifesting itself. And we are still in the beginning stages of that. We got rid of all the players that didnt WANT to be here, signed other players that DID want to be here. Yeah we are rough around the edges, somewhat questionable at a couple positions, but come on, it is only the SECOND year with our head coach and other coaches. If you want to judge Gibbs or our teams improvement, at least be fair and do it after Gibbs second season. Then compare Gibbs first two years back, with another coach like Vermeil or Parcells or Marty's first two years back. Hell, any coach who has left and come back. Yeah we may not be the best in the NFC, maybe not the best in the NFC East, but we are improving as a team. We can manage a shot at the playoffs if our QB play is better this year and our defense is atleast somewhere close to last. Basically, we are projecting reasons why OUR team CAN make the playoffs, not why they wont. Im tired of all the cliche's originated by the media, echoed by fans of other teams who refuse to be objective about us. :soapbox:

dude, lady luck could be all the way on your side and your boys STILL won't make the playoffs, and this year the redskins will prove to be the "thorn" in their asses

Bwahahahahha you made a joke about my screenname bwahahaha, how clever.

Wait, no. I love watching redskins fans say this, despite the fact that no one outside of Joe Theismann agrees with you. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fan: "Well you know who else doesn't...the patriots."

Sorry, its just that, just because things happen/work out for other franchises on an infrequent basis doesn't mean they will happen for you. :cheers:

Mind defining what a #1 WR is?

I guess Cowboy fans are so ashamed of the performance prior to Parcells..

they choose to overlook the parity schedule that all those teams got..that

totally factor into almost every resurgence..cited.

short memories..as usual

Archived