Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNNSI Top 10 Safeties

bcl05

There is no doubt that Sean Taylor has more strength than Reed because he is more of a physical specimen, but citing random big hits/deflections does little to separate him from other safeties or corners. Lito Sheppard deflected more than one pass from Moss, and Brian Dawkins suplexed Coles. I've never seen Sean Taylor suplex a WR, but I fail to see what that proves.

Sean Taylor is a nice safety with great potential, potential to maybe become the best safety in football, but that's hardly a given.

It's Reed by a long shot, followed by Dawkins, and then another drop to the rest of the league.

Taylor will be better than Dawkins soon, if he stays out of jail, because he's on the rapid upswing, while Dawkins' skills will begin to erode in probably 2-3 years, but I've seen no evidence whatsoever that he will pass Ed Reed. Not that it isn't possible, but there is no reason for me to think otherwise right now.

great post man, I guess Brian Dawkins should try out for the WWE now :laugh: , he shoulda got flagged for that anyways no reason whatsoever for it to happen. Brian needs to start getting tucked in early and stop staying up late watching Monday Night Raw

Who cares what SI writes? Damn, if any publication hates the Redskins, it's SI. Between Don Banks, Peter King, and Dr. Z, it's a wonder the Fat Man hasn't made his way over there just to be with the rest of his herd.

It's a publication that gets off smacking on Dan Snyder, therefore none of his players will be making their top 10 lists.

And, yes, Taylor will shortly be the best safety in the League. And that'll start this season.

you moron he did cover moss one on one, and defended against a jump ball, which is part of moss' repetoir, like I said before, RW should just line up at the LB position because he's gonna cost your boys points in the secondary

You callin' me a morin you little &*%$! Sure ST can play the slot and match up against a receiver when needed. He's very talented. I don't think GW would just single him up on Moss one-on one for an entire game though! Was it me or did Taylor get burned for a TD in that game by Moss? RW should just line up at the LB position? Question, would you accept RW as your starting SS? Based on the BS you keep spitting your answer should be no but we know the truth. The truth is 32 teams would be thrilled to have RW as their SS you dumb a$$!

You callin' me a morin you little &*%$! Sure ST can play the slot and match up against a receiver when needed. He's very talented. I don't think GW would just single him up on Moss one-on one for an entire game though! Was it me or did Taylor get burned for a TD in that game by Moss? RW should just line up at the LB position? Question, would you accept RW as your starting SS? Based on the BS you keep spitting your answer should be no but we know the truth. The truth is 32 teams would be thrilled to have RW as their SS you dumb a$$!

lol MORON, heh 32 teams would be thrilled to have RW....keep tellin yourself that

hey MORON, if i remember correctly sean taylor wasnt burned, but it took a highlight reel catch in order to score on him...and as for those 32 teams wanting roy williams, i can name 5 safeties that would be taken before him, ed reed, brian dawkins, troy polamalou, sean taylor, and rodney harrison....... most teams hactually want a safety that can play in pass coverage too, unllike RW....and whiloe were on it RW mcquarters is better than your RW

hey MORON, if i remember correctly sean taylor wasnt burned, but it took a highlight reel catch in order to score on him...and as for those 32 teams wanting roy williams, i can name 5 safeties that would be taken before him, ed reed, brian dawkins, troy polamalou, sean taylor, and rodney harrison....... most teams hactually want a safety that can play in pass coverage too, unllike RW....and whiloe were on it RW mcquarters is better than your RW

Out of respect for being on another board I won't further incite some stupid flame war with name calling. So hey Redskins guy... so is it safe to say that you WOULDN'T want your secondary to feature RW @ SS and ST @ FS? That sounds like a pretty sick secondary to me but I guess I'm a Moron. My point about the 32 teams is that we can cut through the BS and the pride tough talk because all 32 teams could find a place for RW on their team @ SS. You mention some other great safeties... I'm not saying RW is THE #1 safety.. what I'm saying is that these teams would love to have RW @ SS pairing up with some of these guys. RW and ED Reed.. sound good? Maybe I'm crazy? ST an RW... maybe a dumb idea? Get my point? You guys are so quick to trash other players and run off with the homer tough talk that you don't listen.

hey MORON,most teams hactually want a safety that can play in pass coverage too, unllike RW....and whiloe were on it RW mcquarters is better than your RW

Where do you get the notion that RW cannot play in pass coverage? He does what a SS is supposed to do. Support the run -- play a deep zone when needed- and match up typically with TE's. Please explain to me where he's failing in coverage? When he plays the Skins I'm not seeing where he is exposed so explain it to me. He got beat badly by one of the best receivers in the game on Mon. night for the world to see on a double move.. and now some believe he cannot cover... :rolleyes: You jump on this bandwagon simply because you're a redskin fan.. and if you would take RW McQuarters, who last time I checked plays CORNER over RW @ STRONG SAFETY (RW's position).. then you my friend are the MORON.. either to stupid to have an intelligent conversation or simply interested in redskin pride homer tough talk.

Where do you get the notion that RW cannot play in pass coverage? He does what a SS is supposed to do. Support the run -- play a deep zone when needed- and match up typically with TE's. Please explain to me where he's failing in coverage? When he plays the Skins I'm not seeing where he is exposed so explain it to me. He got beat badly by one of the best receivers in the game on Mon. night for the world to see on a double move.. and now some believe he cannot cover... :rolleyes: You jump on this bandwagon simply because you're a redskin fan.. and if you would take RW McQuarters, who last time I checked plays CORNER over RW @ STRONG SAFETY (RW's position).. then you my friend are the MORON.. either to stupid to have an intelligent conversation or simply interested in redskin pride homer tough talk.

the only reason i brought up rw mcquarters, is because you were referring to roy williams as rw, oh, and have you ever heard of ed reed, last time i checked he was pretty decent at pass coverage, as a SS

the only reason i brought up rw mcquarters, is because you were referring to roy williams as rw, oh, and have you ever heard of ed reed, last time i checked he was pretty decent at pass coverage, as a SS
Ed reed is a SS only in name. He hardly ever is in the box, and he never run blitzes up the middle like a typical SS. People seriously overrate roys coverage inabilities. It is like a snowball at the top of the hill that has gotten worse and worse.

Roy played in a typical ss role with shallow coverage and taking on backs and TE's the last 4 games of the season and had 3 ints (one called back) and our defense improved.

Ed reed is a SS only in name. He hardly ever is in the box, and he never run blitzes up the middle like a typical SS. People seriously overrate roys coverage inabilities. It is like a snowball at the top of the hill that has gotten worse and worse.

Roy played in a typical ss role with shallow coverage and taking on backs and TE's the last 4 games of the season and had 3 ints (one called back) and our defense improved.

are you kidding me, did u watch any of the ravens last season????? roy should take notes as to how to play some pass coverage from a real SS........actually he should take notes from ray lewis...cause thats all roy is..an undersized linebacker

Only in name....Ed Reed is the basis for how SS should play kid

Reading this..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .......that's all I can say :laugh:

you moron he did cover moss one on one, and defended against a jump ball, which is part of moss' repetoir, like I said before, RW should just line up at the LB position because he's gonna cost your boys points in the secondary

Buddy I read all your post and i must say you do not know a thing about football. You have made some down right stupid comments "ST can guard Moss one on one". Forget what happens in madden for a second and put yourself in the real world. There isnt a person on this EARTH who can cover Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, or Marvin Harrison, and that is just the bottom line. Wake up and put the pipe and controller down

Here is the Real List

Ed Reed

Roy Williams

Troy Palamalu

Sean Taylor

Rodney Harrison

Brian Dawkins

Michael Lewis

Mike Brown

Donovan Darius

Corey Chavous

That is my list. Homerism or not ST will make his presence felt in a huge way this year.

I really dont see how you figure that ST is a better overall saftey then Dawkins, Harrison, and Lewis. I think right now he is top 15. I hope you skins fans understand that safties do more the just make big hits and get arrested.

This is complete garbage... he picked off TO, Chad Johnson, Torry Holt in the preseason... defended the ball agains Randy Moss and ****ed Todd Stinktson... all as a rookie. Brian Dawkins got trucked by Jeff Garcia come on. So you mean to tell me Roy Williams is more effective than Sean Taylor? Ed Reed is good but he's not the best defensive player that goes to Ray Lewis... When Ed Reed does something that Rod Woodson couldnt then I will respect him more... and i've also seen Ed Reed get scared to make a few tackles last year... Sean Taylor never got scared. So if Sean Taylor took the place of Ed Reed he wouldnt make just as many plays?

Didnt know that TO, CJ, and HOLT play QB and got picked off in preseason!

So since a guy makes so plays in PRESEASON, defended moss for one play in the regular season, he is the best saftey in the league?!?!?!?!

You know why BDawk is better the ST, he has made big plays in big games, he can read and offense, he can lead a great defense for 5staight years, he is consistant game 2 game and year 2 year, he makes other around him better(lito s. and sheldon b.), and he does more then just make some big hits. Get a grip

Buddy I read all your post and i must say you do not know a thing about football. You have made some down right stupid comments "ST can guard Moss one on one". Forget what happens in madden for a second and put yourself in the real world. There isnt a person on this EARTH who can cover Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, or Marvin Harrison, and that is just the bottom line. Wake up and put the pipe and controller down

someone didnt watch the skins vikings game last season did they,.... stupid :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Archived