Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Penalties/Blitzing KILL Skins

PREDICTOR

7 penalties against Pittsburg. But what is even worse...there was 1 penalty that was nullified because Pitt had a penaty on the same play...so Washington had EIGHT...THATS THE NUMBER 8..............8 penalties.

Sounds a lot like last year. Ray Brown had a holding penalty on a completed pass for a first down.....brought back! Betts had a holding penalty on a good kickoff return....brought back! What in the HELL is wrong with this team. Why can't any coach stop this madness. Not to sound insane...but it really is time to start cutting guys...veterans...starters or not...if they just can't stop the penalties.

What you're looking for are sound football players. Not a one play wonder and then on the next play they screw up. Betts dropped a Ramsey pass last week on a 3rd down that killed a drive. Tonight he commits a HOLD on a great return. Its just time to stop the mistakes and they won't just go away with the same old comments about "well, we're gonna look at the film and see if we can't correct the mistakes"

Coach. You're not correcting them. We had them when Spurrier was here. We had them when YOU were here last year. And this fresh, new year has started the same way as last year was played....many penalties.....and critical ones at that. Somebody has to pay. At some point you cut your losses and start setting an example. I can see that as clearly as I could see Pittburg blitzing on the 2nd and 10 play when Ramsey was hit in the face while throwing an interception. Was I the only one who knew they were going to blitz? God...you need to get me in the booth I guess. But I would have kept somebody in to protect Ramsey or called for a 3 step drop and throw. You just can't let Patrick fade back 5 or 6 steps when somebody is blitzing.... because he panics. Patrick panics in the face of a blitz. He usually folds up in the fetal position.

Put him in a position to win. 3 step drop and throw. 5 step drop and throw. The reason his deep passes are too short is because he throws them late. He drops back and sets...and looks...and then winds up and throws. Just throw the ball. Tell him to 5 step drop and throw.....and the receivers will run under it. It really is that simple.

anyone notice that in the first half pittsburg had zero penalties called on them. Not a hold, not a block in the back, nada... This happens so often, then after halftime, you begin to see some calls to even it up... It's amazing though how many times 'skins opponents play perfect games. In the last three years have our opponents ever been flagged more than us in a close game?

anyone notice that in the first half pittsburg had zero penalties called on them. Not a hold, not a block in the back, nada... This happens so often, then after halftime, you begin to see some calls to even it up... It's amazing though how many times 'skins opponents play perfect games. In the last three years have our opponents ever been flagged more than us in a close game?

I don't mean to bash you, but this gets old. Do you think that maybe Cowher is running a good ship there in Pittsburgh? I mean, he's been their coach for about 100 years now. In Gibbs' first tenure, we were like that. We'd play very disciplined football too.

I just hate that everytime something breaks against us, we start to reference some grand conspiracy against our team. Listen, the NFL and refs don't care about us that much to call games against us.

A number of the penalties came on special teams, and I think at least in part these are because the team is changing up the coverage and return team personnel to get final looks at certain players and the necessary cohesiveness and stability has not yet been achieved :)

It gets old because it is consistent. I have yet to see a game in the last five years where our opposition didn't play perfectly ref-wise. Maybe I have become to sensitized to it, but it seems impossible to me that our opponents never clip, never commit contact after five yards, never hold, etc. Is that us? Is that them? It's probably both, but we average three league apologies per game for blown calls. Can any other team say that?

It gets old because it is consistent. I have yet to see a game in the last five years where our opposition didn't play perfectly ref-wise. Maybe I have become to sensitized to it, but it seems impossible to me that our opponents never clip, never commit contact after five yards, never hold, etc. Is that us? Is that them? It's probably both, but we average three league apologies per game for blown calls. Can any other team say that?

You mean we have some consistency! Praise the Lord!

so, Betts had 20 snaps last week filling a variety of roles as rusher and receiver and he drops one pass and now he is a bum? :laugh:

geez, I hope when Portis runs for 160 yards in a game you don't post a thread complaining about the fact he slipped and fell on his first carry :laugh:

so, Betts had 20 snaps last week filling a variety of roles as rusher and receiver and he drops one pass and now he is a bum? :laugh:

geez, I hope when Portis runs for 160 yards in a game you don't post a thread complaining about the fact he slipped and fell on his first carry :laugh:

Read my post again.

You can't make 1 great play and then destory a drive with a bad one. You never get anywhere. Betts has to stop those kinds of holding penalties and drops, regardless of whether or not you are in love with him.

Hey, Predictor is right about the penalties (as far as there being too many - not cutting guys). They were very reminiscent of last year, and the 10 years previous. Actually, I think 8 would be considered an improvement!! It needs to be corrected and maybe by the regular season it will be. There's no conspiracy.

As for seeing the blitz - that's on Ramsey. Gibbs can't change the play/protection once Ramsey's at the line barking signals. That's up to the QB.

Most of the penalties took place when the reserves came in the game. As far as I saw, the starters had no major penalties--there was nothing I couldn't live with. I would have liked to have seen a replay of the illegal contact penalty on Taylor, but obviously, Fox didn't show it.

Archived