Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Racial overtones in Recent Threads??

CounterTrey

Yo,

Whats up with some comments by members in recent threads pertaining to the the color of the player on the team and then saying you wish he suceeded because he is of that color.

Another thread had comments that because he hates Ramsey because he's white and since Cambell is Black he is upset he didn't have a good night tonight??

Can we pls keep racial overtones out of all threads.. I thought we were better than this..

Yo,

Whats up with some comments by members in recent threads pertaining to the the color of the player on the team and then saying you wish he suceeded because he is of that color.

Another thread had comments that because he hates Ramsey because he's white and since Cambell is Black he is upset he didn't have a good night tonight??

Can we pls keep racial overtones out of all threads.. I thought we were better than this..

they were just joking.

In poor paste but joking.

It could be argued that to a certain extent, "hip hop culture" has as one of its underlying themes, hatred for white people..."the system", "the man", etc..."whitey". Based solely on what's in the article, because that's all I know about this guy, I don't think he's making fun of black people at all...I think what he's making fun of is white kids who are "wannabes", trying so hard not to be white because being white isn't "cool". What's amazing is that the WP is so locked into its own mindset that the writer is totally clueless...and apparently so are some of the people going to his shows...

It's sounds like an old sketch Eddie Murphy did on Saturday Night Live, where he played a reggae musican playing for an all-white audience:

"Kill the White People

Oh Oh Oh

Make Them Hurt

We Want to Kill the White People

Oh

But Buy My Record First"

The audience stands up and applauds...

"That was great!"

I could be wrong, but I think that's what he's doing..."Kill the Whiteness Inside"...and the WP takes it at face value...incredible.

We have, as recently as yesterday, asked that members refrain from making statements with racial overtones. While undoubtedly most of these instances are attempts at humor, its such a sensitive subject, its often best to find other topics to talk about.

Enough said.

Unfortunately I think you're right...too many people can't tell the difference between a racist joke and a joke about racism. That's why it's best not to bring race into a discussion of football at all....................

Yo,

Can we pls keep racial overtones out of all threads.. I thought we were better than this..[/QUOT

It gets worse in the tailgate section.

We have, as recently as yesterday, asked that members refrain from making statements with racial overtones. While undoubtedly most of these instances are attempts at humor, its such a sensitive subject, its often best to find other topics to talk about.

Enough said.

Well, I'm not a noob,( which is irrelevant here), and I'm thinking that maybe heeding the above is a good idea.

Archived