Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warning to all powder users...

halter91

To any of you fellas who use powder, i guess ladies too. Be careful of Gold Bond Medicated powder. A friend highly recommended it to me, says he lives by the stuff, well let me tell you, he must enjoy pain. If you get it on the wrong body part, it burns like a mother. After 15 minutes, it wasn't soo bad, but daaaaaaammmmnnnnnnn!!!!!!!! Just thought I'd give you the heads up. :cool:

I'm actually a big fan of Gold Bond, the pain on the "Area" is part of the enjoyment of using it. Since I've used it a lot, I no longer feel the same sting--and I kind of miss it. :) It also works well if you ever wear loafers or other shoes without socks. Keeps them dry and smelling, well, like powder.

To any of you fellas who use powder, i guess ladies too. Be careful of Gold Bond Medicated powder. A friend highly recommended it to me, says he lives by the stuff, well let me tell you, he must enjoy pain. If you get it on the wrong body part, it burns like a mother. After 15 minutes, it wasn't soo bad, but daaaaaaammmmnnnnnnn!!!!!!!! Just thought I'd give you the heads up. :cool:

I recommend you wait before you try the GBMP - Extra Strength in the green container. The regular strength is nothing.

I've used the powder for years. I lost the burn sensation after a while so I figured I was cool. Then I was out and used a roomate's green bottle Extra medicated powder and I thought I accidently put some napalm on my crotch. That junk burnt so bad I dove into the shower to wash it off. I'm talking pain. (((Lesson of the Day : orange bottle good...greenish bottle evil.)))

It's the menthol and other topical products in the powder that causes the pain/burining.

Menthol is a "counter-irritant" which means that when you put it on your skin, it irritates it. Thus, you forget about the muscle pain/soreness and notice the burning/tingling of your skin. It's also used in the foot/jock powders to help dry moisture and provide that "cooling" or tingling sensation (which feels pretty good to undamaged skin).

However, if you have raw, chaffed skin it can burn like a mother----er.

I wouldn't use it and go with baby powder or the shower n shower stuff instead of gold bond until the rawness has healed. That will protect against moisture/chaffing but not burn as much if at all.

Archived