For a good laugh...

OrangeSkin

I would trade a Dallas sweep of the Redskins in '02 for:  

52 members have voted

1. 1. I would trade a Dallas sweep of the Redskins in '02 for:

• Winning the Super Bowl
    • Making the playoffs and winning a game or two
    • Playoff one and done
    • Nothing; if Dallas sweeps we might as well go 0-16.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am lost for word after reading that. They know what the deal is.

Just about all of them said it was because of the Scheme. One of them said our corp will put up better number (coming from a cowboys fan means 10x better), but then he says their unit will be better.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the laugh orangeskin.:laugh: :laugh:

wow,i guess alot of people don't know what footballs about.they haven't got a clue.they obviously didn't watch arrington play last year.trotter & armstead were the leaders of there defenses respectively the last few years.marvin lewis will put these guys in position to make plays,our DL's no worse than it's been in the last 10 yrs.they have no knowledge,there blowin smoke.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hopefully it won't take long for some of those guys to change their minds. Like ... by Thankgiving. :)

The guy who rated Armstead BEST of the three must be sneaking on the computer at the mental hospital.

I go on there some times for laughs......I get a kick out of them. The Cowboys have solid lb's, who play very well within there scheme. But you can't possible compare them to our LB"S and think for one second that they are even close to us. Trotter and Lavar are very good at a very YOUNG age. They will only get better and be the best at there positions in the NFC for years to come. Armstead should be a solid LB and a great lockeroom guy/vet leader. They seem to not know about Antonio Pierce, I believe he has the talent to take over for armstead down the road and if Lewis wants to run a 3-4 we have the backers to do it with him in the mix.

Coakley is not as fast or as strong as Lavar and Lavar is one of the hardest hitters in the game. Someone should pole NFC qb's and ask them who are the top 5 LB's in the nfc east you fear the most. I am sure they name at least 2 of our LB's and not a single cowboy LB.

Guest Trevor

Their blind homerism is unbelievable.

Trotter had knee problems several years ago, not since. I saw one post that made it sound like him having problems with that knee if a foregone conclusion. Yet they can talk up Hardy who is coming off a major injury that happened just last year, not several years ago like Trotter's.

Also the statement on their depth being better is just way off base. We still have Kevin Mitchell on this team don't we? I'd say he and Pierce make for damn good backups, I'm sure much better than whatever they have.

It is, plainly, embarrassing for them for others to see that sort of thing. The Redskins can't even be granted an advantage at a position they enjoy a clear advantage at. Next, no doubt, we'll see they have an advantage at corner because Mario Edwards would have been a first round pick after his sophomore year, and Westbrook is every bit as good as Champ, and Ismail never beat Westbrook like he did Champ to prove it.

It's on and on with them. Ugly, bald-faced, idocy dressed up in a blue outfit. I guarantee you on a private board those guys are all circle jerking themselves with statements that Emmitt Smith's Alf commercial is the best Alf commercial there is far and away because, well, just because.

Dallas fans can crow about their defensive ranking from 2001 all they want, the truth of the matter is they were playing a last place schedule.

when they did face good teams they gave up points. Oakland got 28, Philly got 40 and 36, even San Diego got 32.

the other thing is, for all the talk about the hordes of Cowboys on defense who are so able, the truth is not a single Cowboys defensive linemen or corner has made the pro bowl since Deion was still with the Cowboys.

So, evidently, even their peers think Dallas has a way to go before they can be considered to have 'arrived'.

And the story of how the team got to Bryant Westbrook is less about Jerry Jones making great decisions than poor ones.

Westbrook was acquired because his top 2 draft picks from 2000, Dwayne Goodrich and Kareem Larrimore couldn't cut it at corner in the NFL.

So, as a fall back position, they are gambling on Detroit's former top draft pick who has been injured it appears through most of his NFL career.

Let's face it, if Westbrook had been a #4 or #5 pick instead of a #1 pick and had the same career trajectory, nobody who follows the Cowboys would have made much of the signing, other than to think it was for depth. :)

As for the linebackers, the Cowboys made a colossal mistake in letting Randal Godfrey get away to Tennessee. He was one of the better linebackers in the NFC.

The team has run through a couple of ex-Tennessee linebackers including Joe Bowden the past 2 years and is using undersized Dat Nguyen at MLB.

He is not among the top players at his position in the NFC. :)

I read that thread and I also read a bunch others, as well as the thread about that rumour of theat receiver of theirs running a 4.04 40 yard dash. I swear I was reading that sh!t and it ws a bunch of twelve year olds posting info on that site. Talk about MORONS!!!

Awgustlab,

Please don't say things as you have. I understand you being upset and all with the general lack of intelligence our Cowboy friends there have displayed, but, when you make such a comment about thinking you were seeing a bunch of 12-year-olds over there, you are insulting 12-year-olds everywhere.

Really, don't you think it's more like 9 or 10 maybe?

My favorite posts in that thread are:

I'd have to take the Skins LBs.

However, I wouldn't trade for anything else on their entire team.

WR Rod Gardner and CB Champ Baily are good but I like our depth better at those positions.

and
If I was Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder said that he would let me choose any of his starting three LB's for Dexter Coakley, I would say.....NOPE!
:laugh:

CB Champ Baily are good but I like our depth better at those positions.

Did I read that right? They like their depth better at CB? :laugh: :lol: :rofl: :stop:

Well gosh, Darren Woodsen is good but I like our depth at safety better. Larry Allen is good but I like our depth at guard better. Dexter Coakley is good but ... oops. Forget that one. :laugh:

THAT was truly amazing and scary at the same time!:doh:

Beyond the general football cluelessness, the whole ENGLISH thing was shocking! Now, I'm no Ivy League grad or anything but SHEESH! I mean it's ONLY our language, ONLY our culture and whatnot!

And I though PG county schools were bad! :doh:

I stay at this board because I am a Washington Redskins fan at heart and breath, eat it, sleep it. I don't even have to read what baseless statements may transpire from fans that are anxious for their team and then cast a blind eye to others. Example, I don't have to read the papers, look on the net, when I can see it with my own eyes, on t.v. or live.

Some folks just don't get it and will say anything to convice themselves that the little box their in, fits all sizes.

Glad, because as Art has quoted:

"There is DOOM in the box"

Archived