Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles sign Dorsey Levens

Qcard

you guys are taking the Cowboys down for gambling on Hardy and Westbrook but now are according the Eagles the division because of the acquisition of Grandma Levens? :laugh:

levens has been as injury prone as any free agent running back and hasn't had a productive season in how long?

this guy's best years are in his past. perhaps as a platoon you will get productivity, but Levens' days of carrying the ball 250 times a season are over.

what keeps the East interesting is the knowledge that a good showing by Matthews or Carter and an injury/down year from McNabb and the division is right there for the taking.

the Eagles are not a deep team and unlike the Rams don't try and dominate you with superior talent across the board but by outworking and outthinking you.

that has been to Reid's credit, but at some point injuries will come and the talent in the rest of the division will improve to the point where that will no longer be enough.

right now, the Eagles have lost ground in the division since the playoffs ended for them against St. Louis.

how much is the question. :)

Hey OrangeSkin - I like the graphic in your sig. Whenever I think of football fluffy teddy bears with star dust is the first thing that comes to mind. I don't know about you guys...

Levans was a solid pickup. We aren't gonna ask him to be the workhorse unless Duce gets hurt before the season starts. He is a backup, thats it. A reliable backup that can step right in and help out if needed. There is a chance he could start some games for us if Duce gets hurt, but I'd rather have him at this point than a former XFL player and a division II back that could go either way. Knock it if you must, but every eagles fan now has some peace of mind at the HB position.

Who's your QB again?

It's a good pickup, but until they commit to a real NFCE franchise back, I think they aren't a team we should be quaking in our cleats about. I think Levens will still have something in the tank. Can someone speculate as to their starting 3 WRs? Levens, Thrash, and Mitchell? Or Pinkston? Or what?

Archived