Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Merged) Redskins.com:Barrow Waived; Lott Also Released

flexxskins

I wish both guys luck and hope they can latch on somewhere.

That being said, the Skins have a ton of depth at LB and safety. I am pulling for Holdman or Smith at MLB and Taylor will start.

Next question is........ When will the Skins hear if Taylor will be suspended by the league for his legal woes?

They won't have to pay Barrow his 1.74M salary but someone making 380K will now move into the top 51 salaries so their cap space will increase 1.36M. He'll leave 416K of dead money this year and about 1.7M in 06.

Lott's cut will save 656K-380K-whatever he got in the injury settlement. If they hadn't tendered Lott an RFA tender 3/1 they wouldn't have had to pay him anything because of the injury.

Originally posted by Pocono

They won't have to pay Barrow his 1.74M salary but someone making 380K will now move into the top 51 salaries so their cap space will increase 1.36M. He'll leave 416K of dead money this year and about 1.7M in 06.

Lott's cut will save 656K-380K-whatever he got in the injury settlement. If they hadn't tendered Lott an RFA tender 3/1 they wouldn't have had to pay him anything because of the injury.

Good news..thanks, Pocono

Originally posted by Pocono

good info man. so how much money do we have to play with now? about 3.5 mil?

Firft of all I think most of you are missing the point of the statement about who called this. It was a statement he meant to have an obvious answer, you all need to think a little. Secondly You peeps who honestly think McCune has more than a 3 percent chance of starting right away this year are absolutely nuts. We have tons of guys with experience and the same amount of ability as of now. Minus the muscles McCune would be just another rookie to you people. Holdman, Marshall, and Smith really are the only ones with shots of starting opening day. While Marshall and Holdman might be in the top spots right now, I'm pulling for C. Smith because he's still young and he has shown some flashes of brilliance. Mostly in the manner that he seems to be extremely smart. Combine that with the fact he's the most physically imposing I hope he turns some heads and earns some PT...

Originally posted by Leonard Washington

good info man. so how much money do we have to play with now? about 3.5 mil?

I trust this guy

http://redskins.scout.com/3/salary_cap_chart.html

and he had the Skins about 2M under after the Gardner trade so these moves would put them about 3.5M under.

The players taken at #9 and #25 last year had cap hits of 1.7M and 975K last year so inflate that by 5% and the cap hits for their 1st rd picks will be about 2.9M. Since they will push 2 players making 380K each out of the top 51 the Skins cap space will go down about 2.2M when they are signed. You need 500K for the practice squad and at least 500K when they go from 51 players counting to the 53 man roster plus IR and PUP counting and most teams like at least 2M of space available for injuries or extensions so some more familiar names are likely to go if the above link is correct.

It's about time!

Finally the Skins realized that "Milk Boy" never intended to play again and was using his injury to get a couple of extra pay checks before retiring.

They payed this guy millions and he NEVER played one game the whole time he was here. What a total waste! Barrow is a chump...

Originally posted by Johnny Punani

They payed this guy millions and he NEVER played one game the whole time he was here. What a total waste! Barrow is a chump...

The guy had never played even a down!! How the heck Barrow passed the physical with his bum knee? (or it happened after signing?)

:doh:

Archived