Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan and Marty met; still no deal

Tay

If Marty and Dan have met only a couple of times since the end of the season and Marty has stated his position clearly, then the delay in the decision for 2002 is obviously due to Snyder's decision to go in another direction.

I find it incredible to believe that after all the activity or should I say inactivity of the past 7-10 days that Marty is going to be the Head Coach of this team in 2002.

Marty has been left behind like a piece of old office furniture. Dan is shopping around for a replacement and I think that is clear to all but the most 'hear no evil, see no evil' fans and media around town.

Yea bulldog, I agree with ya. I think there is slim to no chance that MArty is back and I think Slim just drove out the lane. My question then is this, Where will MArty end up?

I think he really wants to coach some more and will have a chance. I would really hate to see him in Dallas.

Hail Skins

Originally posted by Skins57:

Yea bulldog, I agree with ya. I think there is slim to no chance that MArty is back and I think Slim just drove out the lane. My question then is this, Where will MArty end up?

I think he really wants to coach some more and will have a chance. I would really hate to see him in Dallas.

Hail Skins

You think he would work for Jerry Jones?

I don't see Marty coaching in 2002. Indy and San Diego has GM's and he won't be going there. Carolina could be his shot but I really doubt it. I see Marty coaching in 2003.

I think Marty's gone if Snyder has something ready to back himself up. I think Marty may yet survive if talks with Spurrier fall through. If Spurrier were to say yes here, it would be quite a coup, whether you agree with the move or not. Hell, last year after reading the media discussing how anyone will ever even consider working in Washington in the future, this year they would be even more harsh, which just means if Spurrier is the guy we bring in, it will only be because he sold out. No other reason whatsoever.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

But you've got to wonder why Spurrier declined last year with the coaching position actually available. And no doubt Snyder would've afforded Spurrier the same capacity he's given Marty (ie. full control).

And now 1 year later he's ready to test his style of football in the NFL?

I'm almost inclined to pass on Spurrier simply for pulling this kind of crap. We've invested heavily into Schottenheimer - 2 3rd round picks and 1 full season.

I think this should be a situation where you bite your tongue - wish things could be different - and move on.

------------------

Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days the statue.

Archived