Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Complaint about Directv's HD package.

Guest sith lord

Guest sith lord

It seems to me that if you're paying $10.99 a month for the HD package, shouldn't you be able to see a PPV fight that you ordered for $49.95 in HD if that fight is televised in HD? I would think you should, but in order to see the fight in HD you have to fork down another $10.99. That's crazy.

I know it won't help, but does anybody know who to complain to about a problem like this?

I have the D!sh DVR, but that is as far as I will go. I mean I have an HD DVD Player so I can watch movies in HD, but I am just not paying a $10 monthly fee for a mere handful of HD channels. In a year or so HD broadcasting will be the standard and there will be no stupid EXTRA fee for it.

actually its not a year. DirecTV has already launched their sat into space that will give you a ton of HD channels. It should take effect around Christmas. They are also changing their format from MPEG3 to MPEG4 so don't run out just yet to get that HD rec. The word is still out on if the model you have now will work with the new MPEG4 format. I was about to get the HD Tivo when I was told about this.

Guest sith lord
Originally posted by Sknzfan

Try Customer Retention......I don't have the # ....but a Complaint would be in order IMHO

Thanks for the advise Sknzfan. I did call them and complained about it. I stated that I shouldn't have to pay $10.99 more to see an event in HD, considering I'm already paying $10.99 a month for HD programming. She told me it cost more to televise in HD. I didn't buy that explanation because no other live event charges an extra $10.99 for HD. You mean to tell me that I can get 7 HD channels and home Yankee games on Yes for $10.99 a month, but one PPV boxing match cost $10.99 to watch in HD, on top of the $49.99 for the fight itself?

I know there's a lot of people, me included, who get the NFL Sunday Ticket. It's just a matter of time before they start charging extra to watch it in HD. And that's a shame.

Guest sith lord
Originally posted by RabidFan

They already are charging more for HD sunday ticket. Sorry to pile on

How much more?

Originally posted by sith lord

How much more?

$99 more.

It is really pathetic how they find ways to get more fees out of you.

I have an HD set but refuse to pay the fees associated with HD. Eventually I will pony up for an OTA receiver and antenna. I am thinking this will probably be my last year of Sunday Ticket since they seem determined to price me out of it and no way I go with HD from DirecTv...just too damn expensive.

I just wish they made an HD Tivo receiver that didn't cost a freakin' grand. I can't give up my Tivo, but I want HD...sucks.

I'm in the same boat. I want HD for the upcoming season but don't want to lose my Tivo. I thought that I could keep my standard Tivo when upgrading to HD. The only stipulation being I can only watch HD not record in it. Am I wrong? It would farking suk if I am forced to miss out on the beauty of HD because I couldnt afford the billion dollar HD Tivo.

I love my HDTV, and I've been pushing my roomates for direct TV so I can watch the skins on the ticket. After doing the research, it's more cost effective to stay with the digital cable we have now.

Anyone who's in this area (NY/NJ) knows that everybody bashes Cablevision every chance they get, usually for good reason. That being said, their HD coverage is terrific.

We get 15 channels for no extra charge. All we have to do is get an HD receiver installed, but that box costs the same as a regular box.

We just got our first HDPPV as well (The Tyson fight) Cablevision opened up a new channel solely for the fight. We didn't have to pay any extra for it, either.

Eventually, I'm sure it'll all go down, but the price of new technology is always high. And i can't blame DirecTV for trying to make an extra buck on the football package. After seeing a game in HD, we all know how difficult it will be to turn away from that....

70chip - You can have HD and Tivo on the same TV, but you have to run it through your stereo receiver (which you are probably doing anyways).

That is what I am doing because I did not want to drop $999 on an HD tivo system. You just have to make decisions when watching shows as to whether you want to see it in HD or you want to skip out on the commercials. Some shows HD is worth watching the commercials for, and other shows dont really need HD and I would rather not see the commercials. I usually end up watching stuff on Tivo instead of HD, but that will change once football season starts up again.

Archived