Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Road to Recovery

RyansRangers

Hey guys I'm back after a short (5 day) absence From shoulder surgery.. Thanks to those who posted info on the procedure and recovery it helped ease the tension..

Well I am on the road to recovery, I am 5 days post-op and starting to ease off the pain meds a little, they had me loaded up for days.. Its going to be a long painful road to get my shoulder back to mobility. Heres hoping the pain stops soon:cheers:

Originally posted by twa

So did they do ortho or slice and dice?

Good luck BTW.

They initially went in arthos but then they had to open it up.. something called... Subcromial decompression and distal clavical and sone kind of rotator cuff thing about 3 hour surg

Originally posted by RyansRangers

They initially went in arthos but then they had to open it up.. something called... Subcromial decompression and distal clavical and sone kind of rotator cuff thing about 3 hour surg

That's exactly what I had done in my first surgery. Basically they cut over your shoulder, peel the deltoid muscle back and remove the end of your collarbone. It worked for me, I have good movement and little pain now, but it was a long road back. Start your physical therapy as soon as you can and stick to it diligently, no matter how much it hurts. Good luck, I feel your pain!

Originally posted by Raub

That's exactly what I had done in my first surgery. Basically they cut over your shoulder, peel the deltoid muscle back and remove the end of your collarbone. It worked for me, I have good movement and little pain now, but it was a long road back. Start your physical therapy as soon as you can and stick to it diligently, no matter how much it hurts. Good luck, I feel your pain!

i start pt next monday... pain meds are good though I am on oxicoton every 8 hours and percecept every 4hr.. still some pain though... ah well FIDO

Originally posted by airborneskins

Our first excercise will be the push-up. Start position... MOVE.. What? What do you mean you have a Profile.. Profiles are for Wussies. Get down soldier..............

OOPS!! Flashback.. Good luck with the recovery Ryan...:D

Thanks I finally have a reason to get out of morn pt

Archived