Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Primary Receiver

jayson

I was wondering the same thing. Moss definately got the huge contract, but it sounds like Gibbs promised Patten the chance to be #1 as well (in the article I read today about his last meeting with the Pat's). I would be shocked if Moss isn't the featured receiver, but I think there will be a serious rotation each game. While our #1 & 2 receivers may not earn us more than a "C" grade, I think our depth is impressive (with Dyson and Thrash there is great experience and add McCants, Jacobs, and A. Brown some great homegrown talent). I think our #3-7 receivers could be #3's on any other team. Who knows how it will shake out...

definetly moss no question. the real question is who will be the second receiver on the left. my guess is patten will start out there and depending on how well jacobs does i think he has a chance to step up to the spot

Moss will be number 1, but I see the Wr's all playing specific roles...

Moss = Ricky Sanders

Patton = Gary Clark

????? = Art Monk

Who is going to play the role of Art Monk I'm not sure but it will be a big battle during training camp...

My guess is it's between Taylor Jacobs, Kevin Dyson and DMac if he isnt released...

Originally posted by jtyler42

Moss will be number 1, but I see the Wr's all playing specific roles...

Moss = Ricky Sanders

Patton = Gary Clark

????? = Art Monk

Who is going to play the role of Art Monk I'm not sure but it will be a big battle during training camp...

My guess is it's between Taylor Jacobs, Kevin Dyson and DMac if he isnt released...

See that what I am talking about...

Although I see it differently.

Patton = Monk

Moss = Clark

Jacobs/Dyson = Sanders

The comparison I make ,and I believe jtyler42 is making is not that they are comparable to those players.

Its that these are the roles these players will be placed in.

Patton being the possession receiver, often overlooked and under appreciated. But consistent and steady.

Moss being the deep WR, making the spectacular plays, etc. The young guy that the media loves as opposed to the seasoned vet that has won 3 superbowls.

Jacobs/Dyson being the change of pace guy that has speed and good hands and could play a #2 on any other team. The guy who just hasnt had the chance to shine at that next level, in a great offense that shares the ball (Not that Dyson hasnt).

At least thats what I am hoping it will look like.

It seems like Gibbs wants to have 6 quality receivers that can all step up and make plays. If you look at the great qb's in the league (Brady, Manning, Rothelisbalskdjflkj....etc.) they all spread the ball around. So as far as a primary receiver, it will be a lot like the posse....no real defined number one.

As far as a 1000 yard receiver, I'm willing to bet money that we have one! Moss will have 1000 yards, and possibly Patten as well.

Archived