Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rating NFL network

honeydont

To all Redskin fans and Football fans I ask you the following- How do we rate the first few seasons of the NFL Network as seen on Television in general? And how do you rate Rich Eisen as show host? Who would you rather see? what on the show could be dropped/added or improved? Lets hear from you dont pull a Sean Taylor please respond. Go Skins.

Overall, very good coverage, especially during the long offseason. I'd prefer, however, if they stuck to the plan when they advertise a guest appearance. For instance, I recall they bumped Portis when he was scheduled to be on...not once, but twice. I get stoked when a Skin is planned to be on, then highly disappointed when the hour is over without seeing the guy. False advertising in my opinion.

I like how the rotate current players in as guest reporters or anchors.

I would like to see Joe Namath and other past greats guest host the show for a week at a time. Also, the QB challenge is boring and lets get non player guests on the show too like Personnel guys, position coaches, Owners, fans yes die hard fanatical fans would be great.

I like NFL Access more when Rich Eison is not on, he just seems a little too smug. I mean I don't hate him or anything, just prefer the show when he is not hosting.

I also would like to see more "NFL Replay" on the schedule instead of "Game of the Week".

More analysis on last the last few seasons would be nice. NFL Playbook seems to be the only show truly doing it and its is not on the schedule currently, I think in favor of the new Team Yearbooks. Which is fine, but I wish the would not have taken it off the schedule for the time being.

Overall I am happy I have the network and enjoy the offseason news.

I love it .....Rich Eisen is cool ...What i wish they had was someone that would argue more , and ask the players tougher questions ...

Although Eisen does ask the right question , and does joke about the the funny stuff you hear ...Like when he was interviewing Marcus Washington , at the end of it he asked Marcus if he could buy his Jersey number (refering to the Portis/Ohelete debacle)...

All in all , I like NFL Network alot ....I remember when there was nothing for us die hard Redskins fans untill this ....

bara~

i hate Lincoln Kennedy he sucks! and as far as the show Rich needs to calm it abit he has gotten very arrogent and rarely lets the person he is interviewing finish what he is saying...i also wish they would give more beefy coverage of every team around the league...but at best its NFL year round:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I'm dissappointed when they do show past games. Seems like they never show anything from the Riggins era Redskins team.

How bout a couple of George Allen era Redskin games??

Also, NFL Films ticks me off cause they never mention anyone off Gibbs I teams and to my knowledge, have never shown any footage of Sonny. :(

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

I'm dissappointed when they do show past games. Seems like they never show anything from the Riggins era Redskins team.

How bout a couple of George Allen era Redskin games??

Also, NFL Films ticks me off cause they never mention anyone off Gibbs I teams and to my knowledge, have never shown any footage of Sonny. :(

I believe they only have rights to show games from the last TV contract. I remember something about the NFL adding something new into the contract about right to rebroadcast games on its own Network. So I think it only goes back to like 98. I know the oldest game on Replay I have seen is from 98.

To rebroadcast games prior they would need to pay the network that broadcast it live.

Originally posted by dreamshatterer

Very good except for the INSANE amount of repetitive programming.

Exactly. That is my main beef. I guess if the part about only being able to show recent games is true, it will get better as the years go on.

I never had it during the regular season, so I'm not sure if it's better then.

Do they run the local teams weekly programs (i.e. Redskins Playbook)? If not, they should.

Do they have a lot of "where are they now" type programs? Seems like that would be a natural and a way to show old game footage.

I would have to agree with most of the guys here. I like it a lot, especially now with no football anywhere. I've always liked Rich Eisen, him and Stuart Scott was my favorite team up on Sportscenter.

But, I definitely agree they should play more of Replay and less Game of the Week.

Originally posted by dreamshatterer

Very good except for the INSANE amount of repetitive programming.

EXACTLY!

I love that I can tune into the network during the off-season and see football coverage. But it seems like every time I turn it on they are showing the HBO Hard Knocks Ravens Training Camp from a few years ago.

If it's football related I will watch it. I don't care if you want to show highlights of a Cardinals-Bengals game from 3 years ago...I will watch it. But I just can't stand tuning into something I've already seen 25 times.

There are so many ideas out there for programming variety...like the ones already mentioned about old time games, where are they now profiles, etc. No need to repeat so many shows.

...Oh, and I can't stand Rich Eisen.

Overall, concept is great and its better than what we had 2 years ago. Rich is not the same Rich he was on ESPN (which means not as good). I wish their "fill in the name of the team here"-cams were actual cameras instead of those "Sprint-cams" from the ESPN draft coverage. I also wish they would broadcast some CFL and Arena Football. Live action is always a good thing.

I can't beleive how many Rich Eisen lovers there are. I think he has become the lamest, most boring and cheesey TV personality out there. I guess it goes to show you how far good writing can take you.

I thought he was hilarious at ESPN, but now, he STINK!

Archived