Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

starting fs in week 1

newskinsowner

After watching what happened to Mike Doss in INDY with the gun charge, Tony Dungy and management has handed down a 1 game suspension for week 1.

Do you see the same senario playing out here in DC with the League putting pressure on the skins to suspend ST for one or more games if found guilty? (lets hope this doesnt happen)

Also if ST was suspended for week 1 against the Bears who would you feel most comfortable starting at the FS posistion? Not counting Bowen because he fits the mold of a SS more so in my opinion.

Andre Lott

Ryan Clark

Pierson Prioleau

R.W. Mcquarters?????? (Maybe revenge factor)

Think Lawyer Milloy (HC Greg W.)

your thoughts

Originally posted by newskinsowner

After watching what happened to Mike Doss in INDY with the gun charge, Tony Dungy and management has handed down a 1 game suspension for week 1.

Do you see the same senario playing out here in DC with the League putting pressure on the skins to suspend ST for one or more games if found guilty? (lets hope this doesnt happen)

Also if ST was suspended for week 1 against the Bears who would you feel most comfortable starting at the FS posistion? Not counting Bowen because he fits the mold of a SS more so in my opinion.

Andre Lott

Ryan Clark

Pierson Prioleau

R.W. Mcquarters?????? (Maybe revenge factor)

Think Lawyer Milloy (HC Greg W.)

your thoughts

How is he going to be found guilty when the trial wont probably happen till next year, I am sure if they do go to trial(that doesnt mean he is guilty till proven by the panel of jurors) they will ask for extensions till after the season is over.

Lott will start opposite Bowens... if Bowens is healthy.... or Clark.

Still.... Taylor will play the whole year and then we'll have to wait to see whether he's going to be incarcerated for a portion of the following season. Odds are he gets a reduced charge and pleads to something that gives him a suspended sentence and community service. The trick is... will he stay out of trouble after that or will the next offense send him directly to jail and the new "mistake" added to his sentence.

Originally posted by Cskin

Odds are he gets a reduced charge and pleads to something that gives him a suspended sentence and community service. The trick is... will he stay out of trouble after that or will the next offense send him directly to jail and the new "mistake" added to his sentence.

This is exactly what I was thinking will happen.

For some reason i dont think that taylor will be found guilty. Remember, when taylor was pulled over for drunk driving he couldnt do the alphabet to save his life but his lawyers managed to make that a non factor and get him off. But if for some reason he is not around to play i would feel very comfortable with any one of the other safeties on our roster in there. It is probably the deepest position on the whole team.

Originally posted by flyingtiger1013

If he is found guilty, doesn't he get 3 years mandatory in the big house? I would hate to see Sean Taylor doing road work in South Florida.

The prosecutor has yet to announce wither or not the law that requires a three-year minimum sentence will be applied in Taylor’s case.

Unless something happens during preseason, I think the coaching staff is most comfortable with Lott. He started the early games last year and was able to hold his own. Hopefully STs situation will be resolved without jail time and he will learn a lesson (if thats possible?). Hopefully the coaches will not have to choose from this list - but I think the choice would be Lott along side Bowen.:logo:

Originally posted by Disco Dave

Lott will start. Taylor will not start until week 5. He is on a short leash and will have to play on special teams until week 5.

No chance he'll just play ST's.

There's no use in getting him hurt on those if you're not going to even play him on defense.

Originally posted by skins1972

How is he going to be found guilty when the trial wont probably happen till next year, I am sure if they do go to trial(that doesnt mean he is guilty till proven by the panel of jurors) they will ask for extensions till after the season is over.

Exactly. So the correct answer is, Psycho. (Taylor)

There is also the possibility that, if the "witnesses" are a bunch of crackheads or career criminals, the felony charges will be dismissed next week at the hearing.

Rosenhaus will be telling him he needs to make the pro bowl this season so they can renegotiate NEXT offseason for a new contract.

At which time we should install his new tv for him.

Archived