Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clayton: NFC East Overview for 2005

Jaron

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

:doh: :doh:

According to who? Nunyo? How is it "apparent" that Gibbs doesn't have the greatest confidence in Ramsey? Did he try to trade him this offseason? Has he said in one breath that Ramsey would be the starter & then in the next said that someone else would be? Gimme a break.

Maybe because it took Gibbs FOREVER to pull Brunell last year in favor of Ramsey and the fact that we wasted 3 picks to draft a QB in the first round.

Seems apparent to me...

Good article I thought although I would say the season depends on the QB more then the WR corps...

"By allowing Parcells to switch to the 3-4 defense, the Cowboys had the best offseason in the division, and the second best offseason in the NFL next to the Minnesota Vikings." :whoknows:

Huh? By switching schemes the Cowgirls had the second best offseason in the league? None of their players have run it before and they are one or two D-Line injuries away from having to scrap the whole thing. Talk about getting carried away.

Originally posted by THEHEREAFTER

There will be some growing pains switching to a 3-4. However, Parcells has run this D for 95% of his career and will make the transition slowly still using the 4-3 alot. Parcells now has depth and versatility on the D-line to show multiple fronts and rotate comfortably. Dallas does have a few question marks going into the season.. agreed--- most teams do. If the majority of those questions are answered we could suprise alot of people. ;)

For me, the two biggest ifs are Newman and Bledsoe for the Boys. Newman has positively been abused so far in his career. Got worse last year too, if I remember right. I think Newman would be a decent number two corner, and a superb nickel, but is way overmatched at number 1. Your defense is going to have to put pressure on the QB very quickly EVERY down, or run the risk of your secondary getting burned. To me, that is Dallas' weak link in the D. The scheme change will help mask some problems, and you have an above-average linebacking corps, but your secondary (especially without Woodson) is very suspect.

And then there is statue boy. Clayton made a very good point in this article that the Boys do not have a ton of speed, so Bledsoe is going to have to get the ball out quickly, something that has been lacking for 6 years or so now. Julius Jones is a hell of a runner, but (ask Portis about this) teams will stack the box to stop him, and dare Bledsoe to beat them. Not sure thats a bet I want to make.

Originally posted by Pharmaceutical Redskin

It seems like everyone thinks that there won't be any growing pains at all with switching to the 3-4. I don't get it.

Its because Parcells is a genius and Gibbs is a doddering old fart that the game has passed by, of course! Don't you read the articles at ESPN?? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

No one implied that there was one. But I think the Redskins have the most solid line in the division (as does Clayton) regardless of the margin.

That's true, although I think with Philly putting Andrews at RG and Runyan back at RT they have the best OL in the division. Except for Andrews they've been together a pretty good while, so I think their chemistry is better than Dallas' or Washington's. Guess we'll see during the year.

Originally posted by Ricky Ervins

Am I the only one who noticed that he claims that Antonio Pierce was an "undrafted free agent." I could have sworn Marty drafted him in the 5th or 6th?

nope, he was undrafted. - picked up the year Marty was here.

Originally posted by WVSkins79

Ummmm, I really don't have anything to contribute to this thread. The only reason I am here is because this is my historic 100th post on these forums, and I did not want it to be in one of the 867,534 threads about the player who was recently arrested.

Thank you! :bow:

wait till you get to 10 Gs, then it'll be historic.

Originally posted by jrockster77

Its because Parcells is a genius and Gibbs is a doddering old fart that the game has passed by, of course! Don't you read the articles at ESPN?? :rolleyes:

Yes, and if the players aren't excelling in the 3-4 by the end of training camp, Parcells will yell at them really loud and scare them into learning the system. :rolleyes:

Bledsoe + Cowboys = 6-10.

-- DB is going to see so many blitzes that he won't make it thru the season. With the D coordinators in the NFC East this is a terrible signing for the "Boys". Greg Williams should know him pretty well.

---As for the Skins, it's time to challenge this offensive line and Buges is the right guy to do it. They need to seriously step it up and start dominating games. Their play will determine how successful this team is.

The Cowboys are just getting the love for the wholesale changes in the offseason that we normally get. The media loves to speculate like its Madden Football.

We will just see how much of a difference this thing called "stability and chemistry" that has been blamed for our crappy seasons when the media was all gung-ho on us in the preseason.

I thought the article was fair. In general I think analysts are over rating the Boys and Iggles and underating us and the Gints. I think the teams are a lot closer to each other than it appears on the surface.

Archived