Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Len Pasquarelli

andy_dyche

After reading yet another article of Lenny bashing the Redskins, I need to ask, does anyone know what the hell this guy's problem is with us?? He goes out of his way to mention what a debacle of a franchise we are! I think the real bashing needs to start with that henious mugshot he sports on all of his postings!

Originally posted by andy_dyche

After reading yet another article of Lenny bashing the Redskins, I need to ask, does anyone know what the hell this guy's problem is with us?? He goes out of his way to mention what a debacle of a franchise we are! I think the real bashing needs to start with that henious mugshot he sports on all of his postings!

Per the chat room the other day, Wilbon says he knows why but wouldn't go into it.

There are threads about this, as the discussion has come up many times. The short part of it is that he didn't get the scoop on the re-hiring of Coach Gibbs from Vinny and took it very personally. His articles toward us have taken a very personal, venomous point-of-view whenever he mentions us, almost regardless the context.

Put it this way... even fans of other teams (some divisional) who post on this board have posted stuff about Len and say the things he writes about us are just uncalled-for.

There are other things he views as slights, too, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Nick

Originally posted by skins1972

one day that donut is going to choke his fat ass to death and I will be cheering all the way for crispy cream all the way. :D

We should add another forum called "the Playground" for posters who obviously aren't ready to sit at the grownups table. See example A.

Originally posted by Beaudry

We should add another forum called "the Playground" for posters who obviously aren't ready to sit at the grownups table. See example A.

Didnt know you were a fan of pastabelly, if so I appologize. When does Bingo start at the grown up table?

Your attempt to put yourself above this guy by bashing, not his post, but him is really mature.

Go stand in the corner young man.

Anyway, I don't care about Lenny, he's a douche bag and even among some of his peers he's a waste of space.

Around the league

• There's a decent chance the Washington Redskins won't be penalized at all for a recent practice incident that has come under review by the NFL Players Association. But in unwittingly calling attention to some potentially illegal practice activities – via streaming video on the club's own Web site – the Redskins demonstrated once again that they are, indeed, the Capital Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight.

See, guys, this is what happens when you try to produce news yourself. Seems that, in their ongoing battle with the local media (particularly The Washington Post, a newspaper with which the franchise was once very cozy but an outlet that has fallen out of favor with ownership), the 'Skins recently decided their team-owned Web site should break all the news on the franchise. In a move approved, in part, by coach Joe Gibbs, the club enhanced its site and trumpeted the addition of "exclusive" streaming video from offseason practices. But in its ardor to break news, Washington might have produced evidence that it broke a rule.

On a very slow news day not too long ago, we actually logged on to watch what the Web site host called the "compelling sights and sounds" of a practice session. Yep, pretty compelling stuff all right, watching some standard passing drills. At any rate, we apparently weren't the only stiffs bored enough to tune in. An official from the NFLPA was watching one day and spied a one-on-one blocking drill between offensive and defensive linemen. As Gibbs noted, just about every team in the league uses a similar drill in mini-camps and so-called "organized team activities." The only problem is, the drills are banned beyond a certain (albeit somewhat arbitrary) level of contact, and not everyone else around the league is inclined to broadcast their quiet practice indiscretions on the Web site owned and operated by the club. And so the Redskins are now under scrutiny. Hey, you can't make this stuff up, you know? But as long as the Redskins are around, we don't have to, because they keep providing more than enough fodder. Gibbs suggested that he didn't fully understand the rule banning the drill, further evidence that perhaps the Hall of Fame coach should have stayed in a NASCAR pit instead of relocating to an NFL sideline.

In fairness to the Redskins, even their own players, including the union representative, are siding with the club in insisting the drills were benign. So maybe Washington will avoid even a slap on the wrist from the league and the NFLPA. Once again, though, the team was victim of its own pettiness. And once again it demonstrated that, even as poorly as some Redskins folks perform their assigned chores, they still need to just tend to their day jobs.

He posted it on ESPN June 3rd, I think it is the worst one yet

Originally posted by Gothtimus

Your attempt to put yourself above this guy by bashing, not his post, but him is really mature.

Go stand in the corner young man.

Anyway, I don't care about Lenny, he's a douche bag and even among some of his peers he's a waste of space.

I am to understand that you find it acceptable to wish death upon sports writers because they don't write nice about your favorite team?

What the hell is happening to this place?

Originally posted by JCav06

that's pretty messed up. does he just hate on the redskins, or does he spread his hatred evenly towards other teams?

He definately hates on the Redskins more than any other team. He plays favorites, just like everybody else in the media, but the Skins are definately in his bullseye.

I am to understand that you find it acceptable to wish death upon sports writers because they don't write nice about your favorite team?

I guess you have never heard of a phrase called, I am chocking to death on this food or drink etc.. what is big deal, it was a term I used... Do I really want this fat evil **** to die? No I can hardly care what he says or does, it doesnt bother me one bit. Now tell me when the bingo game starts :-)

:helmet:

Originally posted by skins1972

I guess you have never heard of a phrase called, I am chocking to death on this food or drink etc.. what is big deal, it was a term I used... Do I really want this fat evil **** to die? No I can hardly care what he says or does, it doesnt bother me one bit. Now tell me when the bingo game starts :-)

:helmet:

To quote Billy Madison

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

To quote Billy Madison

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Lighten up bro, its not good for your health. Or could you be pastabelly himself? hmmm

At the risk of sounding like a Pastabelly apologist, his track record is better than the Redskins of late. When he's blasted us, we've deserved it. He said we'd draft Campbell and everyone here said what a moron he was for saying that, that there was no way we would have moved up to take a QB. Well....

Yeah, he makes it a little personal, but the Redskins have done nothing to shed the label of mediocrity, or worse, incompentency, of late.

If we (the Redskins) want to shut Lenny up, start acting like a pro team and win a few more games.

H

Originally posted by jwebst1

Per the chat room the other day, Wilbon says he knows why but wouldn't go into it.

This indicates that there IS a reason, and if there is a reason other than what he feels is journalistic integrity, he should be fired immediately.

His job is not to carry grudges, his job is to report and comment upon the news, hopefully from the stance of a journalist who has insight based on his close ties to the teams he covers.

IF he has an axe to grind, then shame on ESPN for allowing him to do it under the guise of fair commentary.

~Bang

Wilbon said that he 'thinks' he knows why Lenny P has a problem with the 'Skins. He didn't know for sure. However, if I remember correctly, on an episode of PTI a couple of months ago as the show was closing out Tony asked the same question, 'what's Pasquarelli's problem with the Redskins?' and Wilbon responded 'because he got scooped on the Gibbs hiring'.

Yeah I'm really sure he was serious about him choking on a donut.. Are you new here or what? That kind of talk about pastabelly is constant. I don't like him, but I don't want him to die, regardless of what I post.. Lighten up tight a$$

Archived