Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA vs England (Soccer)

Chrisbob74

Anyone interested?

I won't see the game myself, it's on about 730pm here and I have an important appointment with a pint of Stella Artois but I'll catch the highlights later.

I'd be tempted to put a bet on the USA as the England team for this game is very weak, Andy Johnson starts up front and he has hardly any international experience. Kieran Richardson, a Man U reserve also makes his England debut. Dodgy James returns in goal so if the USA throw in a tonne of crosses they should have some luck.

No Liverpool players due to the Champs League final on Wednesday and Chelseas star duo of Lampard and Terry are "injured".

2-1 USA I reckon.

Who are the ppl to watch for the US?

I'm definitely interested.

As I'm sure Kilmer17, Fatty P, and several other soccer fans will be watching as well.

My TV will be on...

For those interested it's on ESPN 3 pm EST.

EDIT: I'm not sure who to watch as I haven't actively followed the US team since the Brad Friedel, Jeff Agoos, Tab Ramos days of the mid-to-late 90s. Kilmer knows for sure though...

Originally posted by iheartskins

As I'm sure Kilmer17, Fatty P, and several other soccer fans will be watching as well.

My TV will be on...

EDIT: I'm not sure who to watch as I haven't actively followed the US team since the Brad Friedel, Jeff Agoos, Tab Ramos days of the mid-to-late 90s. Kilmer knows for sure though...

demarcus beasley, landon donovan, eddie johnson to name a few. although, the full roster is rarely used in "friendly" international matchups.

I'll definitely be watching. The last time we played England in the US (11 years ago I believe), we won 2-0 and England was pretty embarassed because we were a nobody on the Soccer scene at the time. England beat us 2-0 in Wembley since then.

This will still be a great matchup because, although England will be without a bunch of big names, they will still field an awesome team of Premier League players. The US will also be without 4 normal starters (Beasley, Reyna, Lewis, and one other), and will also play a bunch of guys who aren't regulars in the National team rotation. We will have McBride and Eddie Johnson up top though and probably Keller in goal.

Should be fun to watch :cheers:

Josh Wolff is killing them!! He is playing a horrendous game! He set up Donovan for one great play that Landon couldn;t finish, but other than that he has blown multiple opportunities and his crosses have been a waste.

Originally posted by iheartskins

My TV will be on...

I wish I could've seen it but I was out playing golf. It was actually on in the pro shop and I saw we were down 1-0 5 min. into the game. Disappointing, but it's only a friendly. How many of our regular starters/reserves played in the game? I'm hoping all of our regulars didn't just lose to England's second team. Hopefully we'll bounce back next weekend against Costa Rica.

Fatty, I wish I could tell you. I haven't followed enough US soccer to be able to tell you whether it was our first team. I would imagine, given what little I heard of the announcer's commentary that there were several important US players on the sidelines.

Archived