1998 - 6-10-0

1999 - 10-6-0

2000 - 7- 6-0

Overall record 49-59-1 .449

Winning seasons: 4 out of 7 and 4 of his last 5

Playoff record 1-1

Most consecutive games won in row: 7, 5, 4, 4

W-L record games 7 points or less: 24-35-0 .407

Norv as a QB coach developed one good QB [Trent Green] and one fair QB [Gus Ferrote] who were both low round draft picks

NFC East Division Record

NY Giants 6-7-1

Philadelphia 5-9-0

Arizona 5-8-0

Dallas 4-9-0

Overall record 20-33-1 .373 (pitiful, when you cant beat Arizona)

=========================

Steve Spurrier’s record - inherited an 8-8 team from Marty Ball which won 8 of its last 11.

2002- 7-9-0

2003- 5-9-0 team has regressed

Overall record 12-18-0 .400

Winning seasons: none

Playoff record none

Most consecutive games won in row: 2

W-L record games 7 points or less: 7-9-0 .437

Spurrier as a QB coach may have developed Patrick Ramsey, but he was a #1 draft pick

NFC East Division Record

NY Giants 1-3-0

Dallas 1-3-0

Philadelphia 0-3-0

Overall record 2-9-0 .181 (worse than pitiful)

Right; and Norval lost one of the greatest defensive minds of recent history in his second year coaching in the NFL.

Our defense has been directly responsible for at least three losses this year. We would've seen an improvement if we had a competent defensive coordinator.

Apples and oranges.

I could care less if I am in the minority here...but...

LOSING DOES NOT 100% COMPLETELY FALL ON THE HEAD COACH!!!!!!!!

I blame the coaching staff AND the players!!! I know most people want to see Spurrier hit the road at the end of the season, however, I really think that dumbA Snyder needs to keep him around one more season. This coaching carousel that's been going on in Washington is absolutely ridiculous!!! It's getting to the point where players are flat out saying they don't want to return if it is going to be another year of coaching changes. I don't care who you bring in...I still think that part of a WINNING COMBINATION includes consistency in a coaching staff and system!!! Bringing someone new in is NOT the answer! Give Spurrier one more year to see if he can get it done. We know a change will happen if he doesn't b/c he already has said that he will walk after 3 years if they aren't in the playoffs!!! I know it is a painful thought, but we need to stick with him for another season!!! There is no hope for this team if another big change happens in the off season. JMO!

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

Would we have been better off had Marty stayed these last two seasons?

YES, without a DOUBT!!!

Firing Shotty was a ridiculously stupid move!!! We were improving at the end of that season and showing signs of better things to come. And Snyder fired him b/c he wanted to prove to everyone that he could win Spurrier over with his big money! He knew nothing about what he was getting which is exactly why we are in the predicament that we are in now!!! I still say, now that Spurrier is here, stick with him for another season. But bottom line...MARTY SHOULD HAVE NEVER LEFT!!!!!!!! MISTAKE NUMBER ONE, in a line of many!

I can't believe I'm seeing thread...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHggh!!!!<sputter splat>

This stadium is built on an Ancient Indian Burial ground FOR SURE. We've made the spirits mad and they are manifesting themselves in our opponents who appear to be superhuman when playing the Skins. This curse has to be appeased. We need a Shamen not a new head coach.

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

Would we have been better off had Marty stayed these last two seasons? Say we still drafted Ramsey last year and kept Davis(because you know Marty likes to run)? We finished strong to go 8-8 plus we'd have had the whole continuity thing going. Thoughts?

I've wondered this too. Ramsey would flourish nicely in a shorter pass offense.

Originally posted by RedskinsGirl

I could care less if I am in the minority here...but...

LOSING DOES NOT 100% COMPLETELY FALL ON THE HEAD COACH!!!!!!!!

Well if you're in the minority, you're not alone. I'll give SS credit for publicly taking the blame & not pointing out players to the media. However, it's been my theory for sometime now that his "give me 3 years" should actually be 4 years. In hindsight he was so lost in adjusting to the NFL last year that in a true 3 year plan that year should've been a mulligan. This year should truely be considered his "rookie" year.

Originally posted by TK421CLICKER

Well if you're in the minority, you're not alone. I'll give SS credit for publicly taking the blame & not pointing out players to the media. However, it's been my theory for sometime now that his "give me 3 years" should actually be 4 years. In hindsight he was so lost in adjusting to the NFL last year that in a true 3 year plan that year should've been a mulligan. This year should truely be considered his "rookie" year.

four years for what? why does it take him four years to do what Parcells and Marvin Lewis do in one?

Thats just pathetic considering the level of talent on this team. Norval and Marty never had this much talent.

We need to cut our losses and hire someone new.

Originally posted by TK421CLICKER

Both of you guys are in for a rude awakening. Spurrier just doesn't have what it takes to motivate an NFL team. In fact, he's clueless all around. Did you guys happen to notice that Mr. Offensive Genius, who concentrates nearly exclusively on master-minding our offensive juggernaut, just lost 27 to NUTHIN' to our arch-rival - and nobody was surprised? I can hardly wait for him to be gone.

Originally posted by Storm

four years for what? why does it take him four years to do what Parcells and Marvin Lewis do in one?

And how long have they been in &/or around the leauge? Besides, whats 2 more years? Afterall Norv had 7years & didn't even make the playoffs untill his 6th year. :doh:

Originally posted by jbooma

Norv should have been more prepared he was an NFL assistant for some years.

Remember Spurrier is coming from College

Spurrier only spent about 15 years or more in the NFL as a player and coach of the old AFL or whatever it was called. I guess that wasn't enough experience? :laugh:

Jump right in ParkCitySkins. I know you're chomping at the bit. :laugh:

That's what the Mets fans say a lot every year. Oh, we were 45-35 the second half of the year when no pressure was on.

This board is less patient than the Gator board (Swamp Gas) that I frequent. Did Spurrier fumble two times? Did he throw those constant wounded duck passes? For the first time in my life, I felt like donning an NFL QB uniform.

You can't win without talent and overpaid players who aren't hungry. Parcells wouldn't coach here for $10m a year given the deck Spurrier was dealt. Very few players on this team that have been here before Spurrier got here, with the exception of Smoot, have impressed me on this team.

The Eagles don't miss Trotter much. The Rams don't miss Canidate. Wasn't our starting RB a seventh round draft pick last year. Our backup RB didn't even play that position last year for the Jets. Our QB was unemployed a couple of months ago and couldn't make the 3rd string for the Eagles. Don't get me started on the D-Line. It says a lot that the head case Gardner was the star for this team last year on D. Bailey is no Deon. At least Deon made the highlight films on a regular basis in a good way. It seems Rod Gardener makes more dumb plays than good plays. Jansen got abused by Ellis one-on-one today. Samuels is on the bench. The TE has stone hands. Armstead is decent but not exactly a spring chicken anymore. Lavar hasn't shown me much this year.

Spurrier needs better assistants moreso than better players though. With an easier schedule and better assistants, this team will improve a lot.

I agree with you inmate. I cant believe that people would want to hold on to a coach JUST for the sake of continuity. Doesnt it matter that the coach we have is worth a damn or at least capable of stearing us in the right direction? I want continuity too....but I also want to make sure we have it with a good coach.

Archived