Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riggo-toni

I know many disagree, but I don't think signing Scandrick was a bad move. He was pretty good player before 2017, when injuries seemed to play a large part in his decline. However, between his age and now injury history, there was an open question as to what he could provide in 2018. Hence the low risk signing. He didn't work out, but not every low risk signing does. On the other hand, sometimes these guys do bounce back. Like with Vernon Davis or John Sullivan. If you take a bunch of low risk flyers, you have to be prepared for some not to work out. Sure, the dead money stings a bit. But it's hardly a big deal in the large scheme of things.

I do hope his departure says as much about the young CBs as it does about Scandrick's level of play. If guys like Stroman, D. Johnson, and Alexander are really stepping up, then that's an overall win for the team. Hopefully that's the case here

10 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I know many disagree, but I don't think signing Scandrick was a bad move. He was pretty good player before 2017, when injuries seemed to play a large part in his decline. However, between his age and now injury history, there was an open question as to what he could provide in 2018. Hence the low risk signing. He didn't work out, but not every low risk signing does. On the other hand, sometimes these guys do bounce back. Like with Vernon Davis or John Sullivan. If you take a bunch of low risk flyers, you have to be prepared for some not to work out. Sure, the dead money stings a bit. But it's hardly a big deal in the large scheme of things.

I do hope his departure says as much about the young CBs as it does about Scandrick's level of play. If guys like Stroman, D. Johnson, and Alexander are really stepping up, then that's an overall win for the team. Hopefully that's the case here

From what has been reported, it wasn't so much as Scandrick wasn't able to get the job done.  He was acting like he knew everything in the meetings and went as far as telling coaches they were wrong.  He was a cancer and they cut him out.  Didn't get why you would sign him in the first place as he didn't perform well.  Cowboys secondary hasn't been good for years with Scandrick being part of that problem.  

2 hours ago, TheShredder said:

From what has been reported, it wasn't so much as Scandrick wasn't able to get the job done.  He was acting like he knew everything in the meetings and went as far as telling coaches they were wrong.  He was a cancer and they cut him out.  Didn't get why you would sign him in the first place as he didn't perform well.  Cowboys secondary hasn't been good for years with Scandrick being part of that problem.  

I had heard some of that too. My hope is that's not the sole reason. You can put up with a headache if they're talented. But if they're marginal, then you accept much less. So my hope remains that maybe the young DBs looked better and made the decision to move one easier (or maybe Scandrick just sucked)

I would have hoped the Redskins knew this about Scandrick in advance. There's enough ex-Cowboys on the team that you'd think somebody would be aware of this behavior if it was a pattern with him in the past. Or maybe it's just new

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I had heard some of that too. My hope is that's not the sole reason. You can put up with a headache if they're talented. But if they're marginal, then you accept much less. So my hope remains that maybe the young DBs looked better and made the decision to move one easier (or maybe Scandrick just sucked)

I would have hoped the Redskins knew this about Scandrick in advance. There's enough ex-Cowboys on the team that you'd think somebody would be aware of this behavior if it was a pattern with him in the past. Or maybe it's just new

Some of the things that were put out there were that he would say things like 'I know what I'm doing and you guys are doing it wrong.'  Just consistently negative.  Nobody who was reporting that was saying that anyone except Dunbar was surprised by the cut.  It's possible that when they added up the big picture, they were happy with the guys they had and their performance and got rid of the negativity.  I'm to too worried about the DB's or the Knickleback coverage.  The issues probably the experience level with depth.  I'm feeling fine with Norman, Dunbar, Fabian, but I think they add someone after cuts or sooner. 

Archived