Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Storm Johnson is a really good combo of quickness and power. He's a good RB.

Bortles can start day 1 in the NFL. He'll be a game manager in a sense early on but I think could grow from where he's at. He's running a oft used NFL passing system right now, Shotgun - single-back. He could step in right now for a handful of teams just based on scheme familiarity, right now.

I hope Baylor scores 100 points.

I'm just gonna say it, I actually think Bortles can end up being the best QB from this class. Not necessarily the first taken, but one to actually have NFL success since he's already so mature and developed in the passing game and likewise since he's been talking same verbiage and passing concepts that NFL teams will use each day.

I'm also gonna say that Storm Johnson is going to be a good NFL RB. His first first step to full speed is quick. His first 10 to 15 to 20 yards are NFL ready. Doesn't have run away speed, but, that's not necessary. He hits the hole.

Doing a little reading and film-study on Skov has me intrigued, but not sold. He looks like a strong tackler with good instincts. At the same time, he seems to tackle high which could be troublesome against NFL power-backs. I've noticed he isn't used much in coverage, which makes him a two-down backer, and I've got some questions on his ability to close off the edge. The biggest problem the Packers have had in run-defense this season has been RBs bouncing runs to the outside on us, so I'd like to see someone with the range to close that off.

Can you give a quick scouting-report on Tuitt? Only thing I've read about him is that he's this draft's JJ Watt. He certainly has some size to him at around 6'6" ~310. How does he hold up against the run? We've got 4 run-stuffers set for UFA this offseason, including all of our base 3-4 starters in Jolly, Raji, and Pickett. Also, with that height, is he good at getting his hands up and batting passes at the line? We're probably set for pass-rushers on the D-line between Mike Daniels, Jerel Worthy, and Datone Jones.

I'll take that trade :)

Man who said Tuitt was this draft's JJ Watt? I'm not sure we see another JJ Watt for a while. He's a good run defender, and a decent pass rusher, but I think he's been benefitting from Louis Nix next to him. I think he'd be a solid fit as a run defender and a upside pass rusher if he can work on his technique. 

Does anyone think we might be able to trade into the first round by say trading our second this year and our first next year?

Either way the result would be the same, two firsts in four years.  I'm thinking someone in the high teens or low 20s.  Someone might make the trade hoping we'll suck again and they'll get a high pick.

No, the result would not be the same because you're losing a second round pick.

Man who said Tuitt was this draft's JJ Watt? I'm not sure we see another JJ Watt for a while. He's a good run defender, and a decent pass rusher, but I think he's been benefitting from Louis Nix next to him. I think he'd be a solid fit as a run defender and a upside pass rusher if he can work on his technique.

I was just trying to google a scouting report on him, but instead found a mock-draft (actually wound up being a Packers mock draft). I did see that he received a second round grade, which doesn't sound like a JJ Watt type grading. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy said it if only because of his dimensions.

From your scouting, sounds like someone who'd go a little bit later in the draft, if not perhaps for his exceptional height.

I was just trying to google a scouting report on him, but instead found a mock-draft (actually wound up being a Packers mock draft). I did see that he received a second round grade, which doesn't sound like a JJ Watt type grading. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy said it if only because of his dimensions.

From your scouting, sounds like someone who'd go a little bit later in the draft, if not perhaps for his exceptional height.

He's a 2nd rounder for me mainly because of two things. He can make plays, and he's a 3-4 DE already which aren't always easy to find. Tuitt is one of those guys who without Nix would still be a good player, but wouldn't be on the same level he is now. He's going to be a good NFL Player IMO and can be an impact guy in a 3-4, but you have to develop his pass rush game more without a doubt 

He's a 2nd rounder for me mainly because of two things. He can make plays, and he's a 3-4 DE already which aren't always easy to find. Tuitt is one of those guys who without Nix would still be a good player, but wouldn't be on the same level he is now. He's going to be a good NFL Player IMO and can be an impact guy in a 3-4, but you have to develop his pass rush game more without a doubt

I'm not too worried about the pass-rush. We've got Mike Daniels, Jerel Worth, and Datone Jones to try to make something happen there. I'm mostly just looking for a guy to play on running downs with all of our run stuffers (compensatory 5th round rookie Josh Boyd excepted) headed for UFA this off-season.

Tuitt didn't look so impressive last year against the Alabama line. I do not think he will do well against an NFL line either. Louis Nix on the other hand is a beast.

I'm just gonna say it, I actually think Bortles can end up being the best QB from this class. Not necessarily the first taken, but one to actually have NFL success since he's already so mature and developed in the passing game and likewise since he's been talking same verbiage and passing concepts that NFL teams will use each day.

I'm also gonna say that Storm Johnson is going to be a good NFL RB. His first first step to full speed is quick. His first 10 to 15 to 20 yards are NFL ready. Doesn't have run away speed, but, that's not necessary. He hits the hole.

I think Bortles is going to be awesome in the NFL.

So maybe this is the homer in me talking, but I would like to see Ahmad Dixon, Baylor, SS in the 3rd round.

Plays with a mean streak. May not be a boy scout, but has fire.

He could replace doughty as he is really good in the box but is new to the position and struggles at times in coverage

Tuitt was not impressive in the Bowl game. that is the only time I have seen him play though. He is huge but I was expecting more athleticism. Maybe some ND fans can weigh in.

He looked SO much better in 2012. Ive watched alot of his games too and by far the best is 2012 vs stanford. He is going back to school though, hopefully he loses a few. 

He is a run stuffer who routinely draws double teams but struggles to get off blocks at times and plays too high. He has below average explosiveness and needs to put on strength but the potential to be a good pass rusher is there. Also needs to work on quickness and endurance. Glad hes going back to school. 

He got hyped up like crazy last year but really isnt that impressive. He flashes at times but is a late 2nd rounder in my book if only for his size and potential. 

I'll be very excited for this team moving forward if we could seriously pull off a Whisenhunt/Reich/Horton coaching staff. Reich has done a very good job working with Rivers as the QB coach and Horton would be a coup as a 3-4 coach. 

Don't know about Reich but if we pull off Whisenhunt and Horton I'll be thrilled.

PSU WR Allen Robinson will enter the NFL Draft.

Excellent. 

What's the draft got in big-bodied run stuffers on the DL? How about ILBs?

Really like Yawin Smallwood at ILB, good size and instincts as well as speed and blocksheading. Dont love Shane Skov either. Daniel Mccullers is massive as a nose tackle and is a pretty good run stuffer and is 6'8 350+. Reshede Hagemen is like 6'6 320 and is a freak athlete but he isnt there yet as a player in general. Louis Nix and Daquan Jones are both huge tackles that could fit a 3-4. 

How realistic would it be to receive a mid 2nd and 3rd round pick in this years draft for our current second round pick? Would you entertain the idea of trading our current 2nd rounder for a future 1st?

Unfortunately we have immediate needs to address.  It certainly has its benefits, but I'd hesitate.  If we make enough headway in free agency to protect rg3, then I'm fine with the trade, but if we're going o line in round 2 then I don't think you mortgage that pick.

Unfortunately we have immediate needs to address.  It certainly has its benefits, but I'd hesitate.  If we make enough headway in free agency to protect rg3, then I'm fine with the trade, but if we're going o line in round 2 then I don't think you mortgage that pick.I

The thought of a rookie drafted in the second round and starting at RT makes me nervous. I would prefer to have a quality veteran free agent fill in at the RT position for the 2014 season. RT would be addressed with the 1st round pick in the 2015 draft if the veteran proves to be ineffective.

Archived