Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reggie Wayne

GOSKINS_08

I think a guy like Bruce or Moulds would fit real well as a number 2. An older guy nearing the end of his career won't cost nearly as much and they definately still have something left in the tank. That way we could draft a receiver next year and have a lot of veteran presence to help build them up.

Lets face it, Taylor Jacobs is terrible and will never be the receiver he was drafted to be.

Having Wayne would be great but we have all seen what the big FA signings have done to this team the last couple of years, I don't think its worth it. I definately think there will be a bidding war for Wayne and someone will end up paying too much for him

In the context of that article he said that. Joe Gibbs sat in Riggins living room and talked him into coming back out of a holdout. If Joe Gibbs wants LaVar back, LaVar will restructure his contract. Bank on it.

Remember, Gibbs has dealt with a lot worse than LaVar. His Qb in the strike year was on work release from Prison. Dexter Manley was suspended multiple times by the league for drugs. This isn't as big a deal as everyone believes. And if Greg Williams gets a head coaching job somewhere else, count LaVar as being back in the mix.

Finally someone with some sense.

I'd like to see a receiver with some size and/or someone who can go over the middle a little more and be a better possession receiver. Wayne, while very good, doesn't necessarily fit that mold.

I think adding another threat in the middle of the field to go along with Cooley really would open things up to our speed, with Moss and Patten coming back.

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like McCardell signing here for a year or two, especially with Brunnell here. They had a great relationship, and he's never been shy about catching the ball in traffic. He'd be a good inside compliment to our outside speed.

Reggie Wayne has among the most reliable hands in the entire nfl. His drop percentage is lower than Marvin Harrison and I believe among the lowest in the league. Yes he will break out for long passes from time to time (as do many players in that Colts offense), but I think he would be a great compliment to Moss because of his reliability in catching the ball (think 97/3 instead of 50/50) that goes with big play capability. He certainly could be a possession receiver and more.

In the context of that article he said that. Joe Gibbs sat in Riggins living room and talked him into coming back out of a holdout. If Joe Gibbs wants LaVar back, LaVar will restructure his contract. Bank on it.

Remember, Gibbs has dealt with a lot worse than LaVar. His Qb in the strike year was on work release from Prison. Dexter Manley was suspended multiple times by the league for drugs. This isn't as big a deal as everyone believes. And if Greg Williams gets a head coaching job somewhere else, count LaVar as being back in the mix.

you must be nuts. There is no way after this week that Lavar comes back next year.

Eric Moulds is not a #2 reciever. It would cost us quite a bit of money to bring him here, will he even be a free agent this offseason?

Moulds is not necessarily a #2 receiver, but at the moment he is in a situation where he is a sort of co-#1.

With Evans emerging as a deep threat in Buffalo, Moulds has become much more of a possession receiver. He has 27 more catches than Evans, but less yardage and only 3 TDs (as compared to Evans's 7). Moulds's average Yds/Rec has decreased this season to 9.9 from being consistently over 12. Certainly, some of this decline in big play success for Moulds is attributable to poor QB play with Losman and Holcomb, but it is worth noting that Evan's Yds/Rec is over 15.

In other words, Moulds is playing the role of possession guy to Evans's explosive speed guy this season. I think he's certainly a great fit for us, because Santana is twice the WR Evans is, and we also have a better QB.

As to his availability, he's 32 years old, expensive, and got suspended this season for conduct detrimental to the team. I'd say he's a prime candidate for release.

From Bucky Gleason of Buffalo News:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051228/1018474.asp

"Wide receiver Eric Moulds could be down to his final game with the Bills, but they should know that history suggests he'll have a better season next year.

Every year since he became a full-time starter in 1998, Moulds has followed a 1,000-yard season with one in which he didn't reach the milestone. He had 1,000 yards or more in '98, 2000, 2002 and 2004. This figured to be a down year.

Moulds has 73 catches for 720 yards and three touchdowns in 14 games this season. In 2003, when he suffered from injury problems, he had 74 catches for 780 yards and one TD. However, he's averaging 9.9 yards per catch, the worst of his career. He has just three catches this season of more than 20 yards, also a career low."

Correct me if Im wrong,but wont we need to let somebody go due to salary cap?

If we get a FA receiver, like Moulds, Wayne, etc, will need to let someone go.

Of course Lavar looks to be gone. Im guessing Jacobs will be released.

Also, what positions do u think we get in draft? WR, CB, DE?

Release Jacobs, get rid of Lavar, and sign Andre Johnson.

Santana Moss

Andre Johson

Clinton Portis

Johnson fills the role perfectly. Tall possession reciever (6'3") with a burst of speed from time to time..and not only that, it brings back part of the 2001 Miami Hurricanes Offense!

Release Jacobs, get rid of Lavar, and sign Andre Johnson.

Santana Moss

Andre Johson

Clinton Portis

Johnson fills the role perfectly. Tall possession reciever (6'3") with a burst of speed from time to time..and not only that, it brings back part of the 2001 Miami Hurricanes Offense!

Might as well trade for Ken Dorsey while we are at it, and hire Larry Coker as offensive coordintor, and Dan Werner as QB coach

Archived